ntspelich

Any Word On New LH Routes To The US?

Wed Nov 19, 2003 12:12 am

It hasn't been brought up for awhile, so I figured that I'd ask. Has anyone heard anything recently about LH's decisions regarding the proposed CLT, PIT, or MCO routes?

If not, when is a decision supposed to be made, if that information is even public?

Thanks in advance.
NS
United 717 heavy, you're facing the wrong way. Any chance you can powerback to get off of my deice pad?

Leskova

RE: Any Word On New LH Routes To The US?

Wed Nov 19, 2003 2:04 am

CLT and PIT are, at least so far, only available as codeshares with US, MCO is so far only available as connection through IAD with UA/LH-codeshare from there to MCO...

They'll probably look at what traffic the US/LH codeshare generates for a while before opening the route themselves...
Smile - it confuses people!

9V-SPF

Wed Nov 19, 2003 2:16 am

As far as I remember, MSY, MSP, STL, SAN and SEA were also discussed before LH decided to introduce service to PDX.
Nevertheless, at he moment, LH seems to be more concentrated on expanding the Munich network than adding new destinations served from Frankfurt so I guess we will rather see additional frequencies from MUC to cities already being flown to before any new US destinations are announced.

Daniel

yegbey01

Wed Nov 19, 2003 2:18 am

With the codesharing with US air, I wonder if there's any value in adding any new flights. As it is, right now, there are too many flights from the US to Germany.

Might be a littlle while before LH thinks futher expansion in the US market

9V-SPF

Wed Nov 19, 2003 3:07 am

As it is, right now, there are too many flights from the US to Germany.

I don´t want to offend you, Yegbey01, but would you care to explain this in detail? I might be wrong, but I got a different impression.
My last flights to the United States from Germany (they all were on LH, UA and DL) were all packed to the limits in all classes of service (except for on Delta flight from FRA to ATL) and I don´t think the german market has a yield problem as this issue rather affected flights that originated or ended at cities like Hamburg, Düsseldorf or Berlin, which have been terminated meanwhile.

Daniel

ConcordeBoy

Wed Nov 19, 2003 3:24 am

As far as I remember, MSY, MSP, STL, SAN and SEA were also discussed before LH decided to introduce service to PDX.

PDX had already been announced earlier that spring, effectively eliminating SEA as well...

IIRC, the choices mostly discussed here were MSY, MSP, STL, SAN, and MCO... with the first two considered most likely to receive any new service.

This was all of course before the announcement that US would enter Star.
Faire du ciel le plus bel endroit de la terre c'est impossible sans Concorde!