CKT789
Topic Author

Air Scotland

Fri Nov 21, 2003 1:31 am

Does anyone know how Air Scotland are doing? Looking at the punctuality figures on www.flightontime.info, it doesn't look too good, only 4% of flight leaving Tenerife South on time!

When I was in Edinburgh, I would check teletext and flights were always either delayed or cancelled. Surely, word must be getting around about their performance, especially as FlyGlobespan are operating in roughly the same market with what I assume are more punctual flights.

Also, does anyone know if the delays are due to Air Holland or Air Scotland?

Jamie.

Rick767

RE: Air Scotland

Fri Nov 21, 2003 1:38 am

The flights are operated by Air Holland (initially they were operated by Electra Airlines). One would assume as the operator of the flight they are directly responsible for the poor punctuality rather than Air Scotland, but in the passengers eyes... there is little difference.

Reviews on carsurvey.org are a bit mixed.
I used to love the smell of Jet-A in the morning...

CKT789
Topic Author

RE: Air Scotland

Fri Nov 21, 2003 1:45 am

I've heard similar stories about delays, ...passengers not being told about why and for how long a plane is delayed for. They seem to have pretty ambitious expansion plans, but I heard that the Aberdeen flights were struggling to sell. One of the reviews on the above site said that the plane only had 20 passengers.

God knows how they are making money, unless we are only hearing about the bad, and the good is out there somewhere...!