Qantasclub
Topic Author

The Worst Airline You Have Flown On And Why

Sat Nov 22, 2003 12:11 am

The worst flights I have ever been on were all on PIA several times...from singapore to karachi, from KHI to Islamabad, from Karachi to dubai. and return. Horrible. Non existent service and food which I kinda expected, but what I found hard to take was the filthy state of the planes...the window seat I sat in had snot smeared all along the side wall that had dried up and become stuck. And the toilets.........lets just say, I didn't drink anything on the flight. Like..at ALL.
Long Haul is the only way to go

COAB767

RE: The Worst Airline You Have Flown On And Why

Sat Nov 22, 2003 1:39 am

The worst flight I was on was on an Alaska Airlines flight from Seattle-Los Angeles. The cabin crew were rude, non-existent only came by a couple of times. Did not offer this small child traveling by himself any assistance with his carry-on luggage, nor did they help him to his seat. Was not informed why we were delayed 45 minutes, I later find out that we have to be towed to a different concourse because the flight deck crew are to lazy to come over to the gate where their plane was at. The seats were horrible, my seat 14A was broken, the overhead lights didnt work, the a/c didn't work, basically an junky plane. I believe it was a 737-400. So my vote for terrible airline would be Alaska Airlines.
Continental Micronesia: "Fly With The Warmth Of Paradise"

amhilde

Sat Nov 22, 2003 1:52 am

A United flight from SFO-LHR. I think it highly unnecessary for an F/A to rudely reach across three rows of passengers with a COAT HANGER to shut the shades- at least on VS they ask you politely- this woman didnt say anything, all of a sudden this coat hanger was under your nose. And the meal service, my then bf had an apple thrown at him. The staff were snappy and rude and made me feel like i was putting them through massive amounts of trouble for simply buying a ticket and sitting on the plane in economy. I have never ever felt that way with VS, and that flight is one of the main reasons why I will fly any other carrier before I fly United ever again- I had a run of bad luck on United for several years, and well, thats that!
Hang on tightly, Let go lightly

boac707

Sat Nov 22, 2003 1:57 am

My worst was this past April on Skyservice from FLL-YYZ. At check in I requested an emergency exit row due to my hieght. The check in clerk was using the "pull the sticky number off and put on boarding cards" way of seat allocation. And she thought she had complied with my request. No problem with that except that I was on a 319, and she used a 737 chart... I got a seat in front of the Emerg exit that had the least leg room of any on the plane. I guess they slide the seat forward a bit for more room. I had to lay across the three seat to slide into the seat...the poor guy in front had to endure my knees the entire flight. The flight was booked solid and there were no other seats. The odd thing here too was that Skyservice doesn't use 737's...At least Skyservcie admitted there error and I did get re-imbursed...but that was by far the worst flight ever.
smokey classics to the end of time

KAL744

Sat Nov 22, 2003 2:07 am

My worst flight experience ever is about 4 years back.
First of all to say about Thai Airways is that I regret very much to choose this very bad airline as an option. Anyway, I have taken Thai Airways on a route from Seoul via Taipeh and Bangkok to Paris and on another route from Munich via Bangkok and Hong Kong to Seoul.

Ok...Let's go into detail. The first flight I have taken was the flight from Seoul via Taipeh to Bangkok. Flight in Seoul was late for about 30 minutes, cuz incoming flight already arrived late. After we took off, we were served with some refreshments plus coffee and tea. Later on we got some sandwiches with another refreshments for dinner. We got exactly same meal on both flight legs.

In Bangkok I had to change my flight. It was very difficult to find the right gate. Anyway, this is not Thai Airways fault. After I reached the gate it was showing flight will be late, no mention how much late. After two hours waiting I went to the Thai Airways desk to ask politely how long it could be take to depart. Very rude and short answer followed: "Just keep sitting in your seat and wait until we make announcement!" So I kept silence sitting in my sea??t in front of the gate and waited another 6 hours. Finally announcement was made and we went on the plane. First impression of all while looking for my seat was that the plane was very dirty. Really dirty ! Finally everyone sat down and we went for departure. After about 30 minutes captain made a short announcement that every electronical things on the plane is not working and that also light and air conditioning is not able to use. Also captain announced some power failure and we had to fly at a level of 29000 feet. After 3 hours in flight we got some refreshments with cold coffee and cold tea. Also food was like frozen and I was wondering they just served a plate with sandwiches and salad and fruits on a 11 hours flight. I was happy when we arrived at Paris airport.

The flight back from Munich to Bangkok was as horrible as the flight to Paris. First of all when I arrived at Munich airport to check in, the ground staff told me, that the plane will be late for a couple of hours. Anyway, checked in, went to the gate and just waited. After about ten hours finally the flight arrived and after waiting for another one hour we finally could board our plane to Bangkok. First impression while on the plane again, it was very dirty again. After everyone was sitting down a short announcement from the captain came where he told us the flying time and cuz of a problem with oxygen in the cockpit and cabin we had to fly a lower altitude again. Anyway, plane was very cold that night, without air conditioning again. Many passengers were politely asking for another cover cuz they felt very cold like me. Crew just answered "We don't offer more covers on economy. Pay more and you could get another one in first class. Otherwise just sit down and relax". Finally after two hours a meal was served. This time it was some sort of chicken with rice and salad. It looked nice and taste also was quite good, even the food was cold again. We got several sorts of refreshments and some coffee and tea....This time coffee and tea was served warm. After a few hours of flying they came around again with refreshments, altogether 3 times on the flight.

Than we arrived in Bangkok. Of course my connecting flight already had gone and I was booked over to another Thai Airways flight, via Hong Kong to Seoul. This flight was quite nice as already the flight from Seoul to Bangkok was. Specially Korean stuff on board let feel me more comfortable than the very rude Thai stuff I experienced on my flights before.

Anyway, I definitely never would recommend Thai Airways to anyone and I really hope I never need to fly them again !!!

KAL744
fly Korean Air ....

bucchinij

Sat Nov 22, 2003 2:27 am

My worst airline I remember flying so far is Continental, even though my only main complaint was the really small amount of "food" they serve on a 9 hour flight IAH-CDG. Two bites of the meat and its all gone. I had to bring a lot of food on the way back. On the way back I had a 50 min connection in IAH and my flight from Paris was late, so I had to run from one end of the terminal to the other just to find out that my connecting plane actually left early; so I ended up spending an extra 3 hours in IAH. But I guess this is pretty much the same on any airline.

FlyGuyClt

Sat Nov 22, 2003 2:32 am

BOAC707,

Was talking with someone the other day. They called Skyservice Sky Sandwich. Your posting now answers my question of "why"?  Smile
Florida Express, Braniff II and ......

aa61hvy

Sat Nov 22, 2003 2:50 am

I don't know I mean they weren't bad but they weren't good

On all of my CO flights something with the tickets go wrong, they forgot to put my sister in the reservation system though all of the tickets were purchased at the time, and she was on the itinerary, something always happens with CO

ATA- it seems like its a struggle to get pilots for any of the flights I take with them

BA- The one time I took them between BOM-LHR, the male FA was not too nice and the choice of food was horrendous, either Indian or English food, I passed on both and starved for 9 hours. (Mind you I was in business)
Go big or go home

eta unknown

Sat Nov 22, 2003 4:10 am

Worst flight ever: Aerolineas Argentinas 747 BUE-RGL-AKL. Crew spoke English selectively, all but one were outright rude and clearly didn't want to be there. Food was poor. The red leather seats are extremely uncomfortable after several hours. Inflight entertainment pretty poor and they still used the 1970's hard plastic earphones.

Honorable "never again" list:
North America: ATA- nice crew and aircraft, trashy passengers
Europe: British Airways- sardine can experience. Crew don't like to serve.
Africa: Kenya Airways- crew don't seem to like white people.
Asia: Air China- but only for the economy 744 seats. Crew/food fine.
Australia: Qantas- consistantly nasty crew

BMAbound

Sat Nov 22, 2003 4:41 am

I haven't been on any "horrible" flights in that sense, but Southwest all the way from Spokane WA to San Antonio TX with stops in Boise and Las Vegas wasn't really a blast. I know it's a LCC, but they certainly lived up to their reputation of transporting their pax like cattle. "You get what you pay for"... indeed... =)

regards
Altitude is Insurance - Get Insured

jaysit

Sat Nov 22, 2003 4:44 am

"The one time I took them between BOM-LHR, the male FA was not too nice and the choice of food was horrendous, either Indian or English food, I passed on both and starved for 9 hours. (Mind you I was in business)"

What did you expect on a flight from Bombay to London? Chinese food? Tamales? And if you were flying Business Class, a simple phone call would have guaranteed a meal of your choice.
Atheism is Myth Understood.

mas a330

Sat Nov 22, 2003 5:28 am

Definately Thai.

FAs were rude, wont respond to the call FA button. Gives me a cold stare when I ask for water, or anything. Food was cold and disgustipating. And this was only a short 2 hour flight. I can't imagine being stuck on these jokers long haul.

and like KAL744 said:
I definitely never would recommend Thai Airways to anyone and I really hope I never need to fly them again !!!

Moolies

Sat Nov 22, 2003 5:35 am

Things like servive are dependant on the person serving you. But some ailines like VS I reckon must drill their staff to be decent.

ben2881

Sat Nov 22, 2003 6:24 am

the worst airline i have evr flown with is by far spirit airlines. going from dtw to atlantic city we stopped on cleveland to pick up pax. gorgeous day, but f/a's said weather had delayd us. as i got off the plane i got a tour of the flight deck and the captain refferd to it as "the trailing edge of technology". after a 3 hour delay we were told that aircraft was no longer air worthy. a new plane was being flown from dtw. this plane stayed in dtw for 2 more hours before arriving due to mechanical problems during taxi. on the return i swtiched departing airports and airlines.

CV990

Sat Nov 22, 2003 6:43 am

Hi!

I can't say that I had a really worst experience with an airline, most have been quite nice to me so I'm ok. But last week I flew for the first time with America West and what I'm sharing is not the service on board or the fleet, they were quite nice and the fleet is really almost new, but at Phoenix I almost lost my connection to Toronto due to a fellow that was not very sensitive to our problem. We had to receive our boarding cards and this fellow was just taking all the time in the world to delay us and eventually make us lose our flight. At one moment I was getting so tense that I had to talk with my wife in portuguese not to blow the guy! But eventually he understood that we were getting very upset so he finnally gave us the passes.
Regards
CV990, the Maserati of the skies!

ThirtyEcho

Sat Nov 22, 2003 6:52 am

Braniff Airlines takes the prize for RUDE, that is for sure. Everyone I came in contact with at Braniff, from reservation agent to F/A was beyond impolite.

The airplanes were filthy mechanical nightmares, especially the 727s. I once flew for a 2 hr flight at 8000 ft because the pressurization system was out; they knew it was out when they took off.

AMS

Sat Nov 22, 2003 7:27 am

defenetly TWA, I flew on a verry old 727 DCA/JFK, the FA were rude and I felt that the plane was going to brake apart because it was so shakey and smelt some sort of strange smell in the cabin.

Leezyjet

Sat Nov 22, 2003 7:41 am

Worst Scheduled :-

Cyprus Airways A310 LCA-LHR.

Crap/non existant service. Passing things out with no logicical sense just handing things to whoever happened to be nearest or looking in their direction.

Crap/non existant legroom - had to sit with my feet in the aisle for 4.5 hours as there was not enough room to fit them behind the seat infront !!.

Worst Charter :-

BY B767-200 MAN-PMI.

Crap legroom - even worse than on CY !!!.

Service not that good considering there were only about 50 people on the flight.

Smile
"She Rolls, 45 knots, 90, 135, nose comes up to 20 degrees, she's airborne - She flies, Concorde Flies"

VRG772

Sat Nov 22, 2003 8:06 am

Certainly Iberia.
I won't write the history of the flights which I took, because it's too long. I don't complain about the a/c or something like this, but the crew was probably the worst in all the world. The crew was impolite, rude, unfriendly and unprofessional. They treated everybody as stupid people, and the brazilian people that didn't speak spanish were treated literally as MONKEYS FROM THE JUNGLES. I felt bad when I saw the crew shouting and treating non-spanish speakers as stupid people, I helped some people translating from spanish to portuguese.
But this is only a little part of the horrible things that this crew did during the flight. The are much more things which I had already written in one Iberia thread a few time ago.

Rgds,
Julio Big thumbs up
Decolagem Autorizada.

chepos

Sat Nov 22, 2003 8:23 am

Pan Am 2/ Carnival
I flew Pan Am 2 shortly after they bought Carnival from PSE-BQN-JFK-BQN-PSE. Both Southbound and Northbound segments were on a Carnival A300 (filthy planes and no legrom)- Norhbound our flight was delyed for almost 4 hours - no entertainment, rude crew and terrible food.
Southbound the flight was on time , they ran out of food (half of the pax didnt get a meal), and after serving the meals they had available the cabin crew dissapeared.
On the Southbound flight I saw the trashiest group of people I have ever seen on a plane (old stinky shirtless men, people trying to stuff plants or anything they could on the overhead compartment). All in all one of my most tedious flights.
Chepos
Fly the Flag!!!!

mandala499

Sat Nov 22, 2003 8:46 am

1. AWAir... Trip from hell ! Read the 2nd half of it.... the hell part here... Boy it was hell!

2. Singapore Airlines One trip of hell... Full flight, I got put in the emergency exit (which I hate), sat next to a drunk english guy, crew was horribly unfriendly to me while sucks my neighbour's ass, the crew refused to serve me alcohol while letting my neighbour get completely p1ssed, and the leading F/A physically abused her junior on landing to SYD by hitting her colleague in the head with her sandals because the junior was struggling to stay awake (after being enslaved the night to patrol the cabin!)

Mandala499
When losing situational awareness, pray Cumulus Granitus isn't nearby !

ACEregular

Sat Nov 22, 2003 9:14 am

1993 TFS - MAN Oasis Airlines MD-83 VR-BMI.

Crap plane, Crap Seats (34 C,D,E) Crap Crew, Crap Food.

Good slot 08:45 departure.

where are Oasis now?????? History, and quite rightly.

RiverVisualNYC

Sat Nov 22, 2003 9:17 am

in the US: PeopleExpress - the eternal reminder that you get what you pay for.
internationally: toss up between Avianca and Easyjet, the former due to old equipment and lack of organization, the latter due to same reason as above

Qantasclub
Topic Author

Sat Nov 22, 2003 11:06 am

It seems that people are upset by many different things-rude FAs tend to get alot of mention-I wonder why. Is it because passengers have high expectations? or is it that we are really that sensitive. I think expectations have alot to do with it-when i flew PIA, or any airline, for eg aeroflot, you KNOW you're not going to get great service, so live with it. Whereas if you were flying SQ or CX, a slightly cold shoulder or blunt exchange with a FA is remembered for life. This is what i'mg getting from reading some of the responses so far. But what irks me is dirty, filthy or poorly kept planes-so i will never fly with PIA/air India.

[Edited 2003-11-22 03:21:40]

fanofjets

Sat Nov 22, 2003 11:55 am

While I don't expect to be pampered, I do expect civility in service. The best service I had was on high-density charter or low-cost flights: Air Florida, Laker, and British Airtours. Service was better on those flights than on many higher-priced scheduled airlines.

That said, my worst experience was on Rich International: service on the London-to-New York flight was virtually nonexistent; the only meal served was a snack while the plane was descending into JFK. Rude flight attendents demanded all passengers lower window shades, even though there was no in-flight entertainment (not even a ratty old magazine).
The aeroplane has unveiled for us the true face of the earth. -Antoine de Saint-Exupery

9v-svc

UA Bad Service

Sat Nov 22, 2003 12:12 pm

My worst flight has definately got to be United Airlines 747-400 NRT-LAX in 2001 . The service on this particular flight is terrible and it seems the crews on board were quite racist. I remembered the crews were being rude especially to Asians One of the examples was ,when I asked for a drink , they can't be bothered to serve me but yet served the American who asked for a drink after me then when I repeatedly asked for a drink , the rude crew told me " Can't you just wait ? " I was totally shocked with her attitute and my father who was with me had vowed not to fly UA again . We had a choice of flying BR earlier on but because of the SQ 006 crash , we chose UA and kind of regret .
Airliners is the wings of my life.

SunValley

Sat Nov 22, 2003 12:21 pm

My worst is most definitely America West. On a flight from PHX-SLC, 3 gate changes, we take off, fly all the way to SLC, can see the airport, but they decide there is a mechanical, and need to return to PHX (they didn't want a MX in SLC cause their mechanics were lcoated in PHX) Origially Left PHX at around 2:00pm in the afternoon. They finally accomdated us all to SLC and we got in at 3:30 in the a.m. The next morning. They then had the nerve to give us each a $50.00 off coupon for future travel on HP.

Qantasclub
Topic Author

Sat Nov 22, 2003 12:25 pm

Hmmm. It is also oftne said that SQ FAs often give preferential treatment to non-asian passengers over asian px. Anecdotal, but it is mentioned quite a bit. I've never found that prob on egalitarian QF-they just treat EVERYONE just as crap. (joke-they're actually pretty good usually)

goingboeing

Sat Nov 22, 2003 12:42 pm

I can't recall that I've ever had a truly horrible flight. Certainly not from any sort of service standpoint.

brianhames

Sat Nov 22, 2003 2:05 pm

The seats were horrible, my seat 14A was broken

On the AS 734s, that's an exit row. And the outboard seats on the older -400s are kind of semiseats, since the original design calls for no seat there at all, but some airlines stick them in anyway, but they are not very comfortable. And if it was a junky plane, I'd be willing to wager that it was N786AS, that plane is a hand-me-down from Iceland Air and one other airline which I forget at the moment.

And your story sounds VERY unlike Alaska Airlines on all points. Sorry you had a bad experience with them.

Not sure what my worst flight was, I don't think I've ever had a flight where I was thouroughly displeased with. I guess if I had to pick, Northwest from MSP to BWI on a DC-9, simply because it was very uncomfortable, lets see, that was 8th grade, so I was 6'4" then (6'9" now), which was a catalyst to the discomfort.

Brian

Alpha 1

Sat Nov 22, 2003 2:11 pm

The worst airline you ever flew on is the last one that didn't live up to your expectations. How's that for an answer?

cfalk

Sat Nov 22, 2003 2:59 pm

Aeroflot and some of the Baby-flots in the early 90s (domestic service only).

Charles
The only thing you should feel when shooting a terrorist: Recoil.

Saleem

Sat Nov 22, 2003 7:30 pm

Just wondering that few days ago there was topic regarding best air traveling experience and that was about PIA and this is worst experience and this is also on PIA.

mas a330

Sat Nov 22, 2003 8:01 pm

It shows that airlines have its ups and downs.

SM777

Sat Nov 22, 2003 8:36 pm

I thought our govt. owned airlines (Indian airlines & Air India) were possibly the worst one could fly ! It's heartening to note in this thread that there are at least 2 votes for PIA (also known as 'Pain In the Ass') from across the border !

Here's my votes for worst airlines (from South Asia) interestingly all are owned by the Governments of the concerned country.....

# 1 PIA
# 2 Bangladesh Biman
# 3 Alliance Air (subsidiary of Indian Airlines)
# 4 Indian AL
# 5 Air India

SriLankan Airlines, on the other hand is far, far better. After being managed by Emirates since 1998-99, they've got new aircraft, much better service and almost always are on time. The old acronym for AirLanka (UL) was "Usually Late".....which is no longer true.

Moral of the story : If the airline is owned by the government of the country, it is probably baaaad !!

luftaom

Sat Nov 22, 2003 8:50 pm

Qantas

Terrible seating
Delays
Non existent service
Food that has seen better days
Surly Staff
Lost Luggage

about the only thing going for them is a somewhat decent frequent flyer scheme for base members.

SQ772

Sat Nov 22, 2003 11:19 pm

Here's my vote for the worst flight I have ever taken....

Olympic Airways (OA) - ranks number 1. VIE-ATH many years ago....totally nonchalant crew who never responded to the call button. Walking down the aisle with a flask of coffee without stopping for anyone who wants a cuppa. On another flight - screaming at a sick pax who puked on the cabin floor...the puke was left to dry and flake on the carpet... Being the first to leave the aircraft the moment the cabin doors opened....

There's always a better way to fly...

westjet_8

Sun Nov 23, 2003 3:18 am

My worst flight was by far on Northwest Airlines FLL-MSP, 2 hours late because of weather sitting on the tarmac. They let a lady bring a GIANT cat onboard with her and she kept taking it out. I am allergic to cats so when I asked her not too she yelled at me. The flight attendants refused to move me or her. This "cat lady" then proceded to get drunk and pass out while her giant cat tried to escape. No food. Rude flight attendants. No IFE whatsoever. Old junky plane. Horrible experience.
Canadian. RIP 1999

amhilde

Sun Nov 23, 2003 6:05 am

LOL i too have had a cat experience- mustve been about '94 LAS-MKE on America West. A red eye flight the lady behind me had a cat in a box which kept mewing and screeching and then peed a few times and the whole cabin smelled like it for the whole night. Its what, 3.5 hours or so? But being the seat right in front I got stuck with the smell full on! When I got to my aunts house and told her about it she suggested I write a letter of complaint so I did and actually got $150 off my next flight.

Its strange, that was pretty gross, but I would still take HP because their planes are clean and they F/As relatively decent. Even though they have a horrible on time record out of RNO and could quite likely lose your luggage ( who HASNT had their luggage lost on HP?  Smile) I would and still do fly them to LAX (no choice since AA pulled their service)

As for the main comment of rude F/As I know what im paying for and dont expect huge amounts of service on the LCCs or even main line carriers for flights under 2 hours really. But that was a transatlantic flight on a ticket that cost somewhere between $400-500, I expect a LITTLE more customer service than what I got on UA. The rudeness was completely unacceptable and uncalled for. Especially after seeing the always patient VS attendants deal with unruly passengers who want to finish their cup of coffee and keep their seat reclined with 10 minutes left in the flight. On UA I felt like the woman ( who reminded me of a really angry substitute teacher) was going to rip my head off if i dare ask for anything more than the bare minimum she was required to give me.
Hang on tightly, Let go lightly

flyboyaz

Sun Nov 23, 2003 7:17 am

I'd be one that has never had my luggage lost on HP! I've been working for them for years and have flown dozens of times...even when we had a bad record (which we don't anymore btw) I always got my bag when I arrived. I'm sorry you had a bad experience....I don't like cabin pets myself, they can be a pain in the butt!

We've been at the top of the charts for ontime performance and baggage handling for quite some time now....hope to see you flying with us again!
Catch a ride on a smile!

flyboyaz

Sun Nov 23, 2003 7:31 am

Oh yeah...I forgot what I was gonna say....

I actually haven't had too many bad experiences with any airline. Suprisingly the worst was with CO (back when they were the pits). I had arrived at EWR to get on my flight to MHT and found out it was cancelled. They put me on a flight to BOS, which wasn't too bad but they wouldn't let me use the phone to call my dad to tell him to pick me up in BOS!! I couldn't believe it...I had no money and no calling card. I finally got through the huge line at the passenger assistance center and found a kind soul who let me use the phone. It was a bit unecessary and since it was their fault, I would have expected to be allowed to use the phone at least! But it was in EWR...the land of happy people (not).

I've never had any trouble with them since and of course now they are one of my favorite airlines!
Catch a ride on a smile!

EdT

Sun Nov 23, 2003 8:18 am

I seem to have my worst experience on Delta - not because Delta has done anything notably wrong - it's a matter that I rarely fly them, so I have -zero- status, and my company has a habit of paying a fortune for last-minute seats. This usually results in a middle seat, with no legroom - which some of the Delta (MD90s et al) a/c configs are known for.

jeckPDX

Sun Nov 23, 2003 9:53 am

My worst flight ever by far was on Delta in the summer of 1998. My route went PDX-ATL-DCA and return. I was booked in first class and on the way there, the first plane (an ancient L1011) was in horrible shape inside and out, was extremely dirty and smelled horrible. At least the F/a's were decent and they served some sort of meal. After transfering to my next leg in ATL, i was on an overbooked 757 and in order to get to my destination on time had to ttake a seat between two 250LB+ men and proceed to sit 30th in line for takeoff in the 100 degree sun with the a/c inoperable. On my return flight, we were delayed 5 hours on the ground (due to weather) in the plane before the crew's duty time ran out and left all the passengers searching for alternate flights. I managed to get on a NW flight but then realized my luggage was still with DL & i would not6 have the time to claium it and still make the NW flight. After realizing I would be stuck untill the next DL flgith at 5AM I attempted to make hotel arrangements finding everything booked for miles. I ended up sleeping on a bench in the airport with a blanket a UA employee came up and offered me. The next morning they were trying to accomodate all the passengers stranded the night before and all the people already booked on the 5AM flight. My first class seat I had paid for was in the very back row with no recline and when I asked for any compensation I was told by a hanus gate angent that the weather was not their fault and I coul,d wait until first class opened on a later flight or deal with it. I am by no means an uptight snob who flies first class all the time. In fact this was the first time I've ever been FC. I have flown Delta since but this incident and the way it was handled will forever linger in my mind.
By the way, I am a FF with America West and have never had my luggage mishandled.
"Beer is proof that God Loves us and wanted People to be Happy" - Ben Franklin

AA777MIA

Sun Nov 23, 2003 10:38 am

Was not the actual flight that turned me off, but here it goes. I was sitting in the boarding area near the check in counter for a DL flight to ATL. There were two agents working the flight one was a white male, the other and very nice african american female. I arrived early and sat down since I had my seat assignment. The male was on the phone with someone, was not hard to hear since I was close to the podium. The male hung up the phone and started a converstation with the female. He started to make fun of the other person on the phone, who apparently worked for NW, or so I heard. By now, I was listening, cause I wanted to hear what was being said. He sat there in broad daylight and made fun of the guy on the other end of the phone, who he claimed was a "flamer". I could NOT believe what I was hearing, and folks this was not mumbling, this was OUT LOUD.

I was OFFENDED, of course he did not have a name tag on, and I boarded the aircraft and bit my tongue. I wrote an email to Delta Airlines, describing in detail the incident, times, dates, location, etc. To this date, almost 2 years later, I have not received ONE email, letter, NOTHING, even saying we got your inquiry... Does not leave a big impression....

RicardoMexico

Sun Nov 23, 2003 11:28 am

I always try to avoid American Airlines...and I have not flown American Airlines since 1997.
There was a time in 1997 that I travelled often to Nashville, TN, and many times I had to fly American although I did not like it, just because of the lower price. Fortuntately I was lucky because they went on strike so the next option was Continental...mmm such a difference.
Why I prefered Continental instead of American? CO offered hot luch or breakfast in the MEX-USA flight, American did not. CO f/a spoke spanish, AA's did not, In the MEX -USA flights CO f/a were very nice while most of AA were not, It was common to lost my connecting flight in DFW with AA, I like IAH better that DFW.
Maybe things have changed since 1997 but even now...I try to avoid AA.
A member of SkyTeam!

ual777contrail

Sun Nov 23, 2003 5:01 pm

I have worked for the airlines for 9 years, I HAVE NEVER been on a bad flight.

I don't care if I cant get another drink, I don't care if my meal is served in a portion for a midget. I don't care if the beer is room temperature, I don't care id the flight attendant didn't smile at me, I don't give a shit I didn't get a window seat, I don't care that the guy next to me isn't nice, I don't care if you care, I have NEVER had a bad flight.

I am sooooo glad I get to fly for a very good discount, I like to fly on no moments notice, for FREE or very little service charges.

Stop bitching, your alive to tell the story, enjoy life not the flight.

UAL 777 CONTRAIL

qantasboy

Sun Nov 23, 2003 5:13 pm

2. Singapore Airlines One trip of hell... Full flight, I got put in the emergency exit (which I hate), sat next to a drunk english guy, crew was horribly unfriendly to me while sucks my neighbour's ass, the crew refused to serve me alcohol while letting my neighbour get completely p1ssed, and the leading F/A physically abused her junior on landing to SYD by hitting her colleague in the head with her sandals because the junior was struggling to stay awake (after being enslaved the night to patrol the cabin!)

BULLSHIT! Honestly how can ANYONE complain bout SQ!

nethkt

Sun Nov 23, 2003 5:41 pm

I totally agree with UAL 777 CONTRAIL.

Stop bitching, your alive to tell the story, enjoy life not the flight.  Big grin

I would say stop being bitchy all around. You should know yourself. If you are a someone famous that you can do and complain whatever you want to.

If you are just a non-full fare ticket....say to yourself that you lucky enough you have the money to fly!!
 Smile/happy/getting dizzy
Let's just blame it on yields.

uadc8contrail

Sun Nov 23, 2003 6:26 pm

xmas eve in phx(1997)...have not flown a hp mainline since then.....dont need to go into detail but hp at the time didnt give a rats #$% about its pax......viva ua/aa
bus driver.......move that bus:)

RobertNL070

Sun Nov 23, 2003 7:22 pm

TRANSAVIA (HV)

A Dutch charter company that likes to call itself a scheduled airline, and is for 80% owned by KLM.

Charges you through the nose for 'extras' that are standard by others.

Utter chaos at the check in counters at AMS because 7 HV flight depart at around the same time and no-one bothers to 'marshall the human traffic'.

Frequent delays (without explanation or apologies from the flight deck).

Ground and cabin personal who do their very best to assist you but who unfortunately are not back up by the management.

Very tight on legroom, and my 5'11" is not exceptionally tall.

Unfortunately the only airline non-stop to AGP (Málaga, Spain) from AMS.

You might think I'm bitching, but it is really very poor!

Not very pretty aircraft. But there's no accounting for taste so I won't hold it against them.

Faves: BA, MH.
Youth is a gift of nature. Age is a work of art.