United777
Topic Author

Emirates To Vancouver?

Sat Nov 22, 2003 9:11 am

I was looking at the A340-500 site on emirates.com site and I noticed that Vancouver is on there possible destination for the A340-500. I know before that happens they will start flights to JFK and SFO. It is possbile though they will start flights to YVR? Is there a market for them there?

I think if they do start YVR service they would do it for the Indian market also. There are many Indians in the Vancouver area that connect in Asia or Europe for flights to India. They would for sure get many passengers going to India also.

Farhan
Seattle, USA

Neo

RE: Emirates To Vancouver?

Sat Nov 22, 2003 9:38 am

I think it is very unlikely to happen.......

Don't expect them to go to YVR anytime soon, as you said they will open up SFO, LAX, ORD, JFK, YYZ before.

Rgs,

Neo

behramjee

Sat Nov 22, 2003 11:06 am

It is a planned route of the future and I would advise EK not to fly NONSTOP from DXB to YVR but rather fly DXB-DEL-YVR on an A 345 over the Pacific 3 times a week. There is enormous demand from YVR to India especially northern India via DEL airport connections!!!

Mohan

Sat Nov 22, 2003 4:58 pm

I dont think they will get the rights to fly DEL to vancouver from India.unless and untill they hand over dawood

( Now Dawood is India's enemy No. 1 and most wanted) he shuttles betwen Pakistan & UAE a lot) he used to be based in Dubai earlier

EKs increase to india was a way of the India govt. to thank them after they handed over some of Dawoods men recently. Thats when EK was allowed to fly to Cochin & given additional frequencies to Hyderabad

behramjee

Sat Nov 22, 2003 5:38 pm

Yeah well remember AI is also very much dependant on the DXB route and they have put in 6 additional flights from India this winter to DXB.

For letting them fly DEL-YVR...DXB anyways has an open sky policy so they can let AI fly from DXB to Africa-BEY-Europe etc and in this way both parties benefit!!!