LambertMan
Topic Author

Frontier DEN-STL

Sun Nov 23, 2003 10:42 am

Does anyone know how this route is performing so far? I'm really kinda curious what will result out of this service after the JetConnect DISASTER. There was alot of bitterness in the STL aviation community especially with the airport administration about the contreversial nature of their previous pullout and the way they treated them and their pax who were booked on flights that were cancelled. Any help would be appreciated. Big thumbs up

flashmeister

RE: Frontier DEN-STL

Sun Nov 23, 2003 10:44 am

I'm not surprised to hear horror stories about Mesa customer service, but I'm surprised that F9 Reservations were that bad about reacommodating pax on the cancelled flights. What exactly happened?

mariner

Sun Nov 23, 2003 11:06 am

There was a post (not mine) in another thread that said the first several flights were full to overbooked.

But if there was that much bitterness in the airport administration, then that makes this a puzzle:

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/News/F0F6D92115CAEF9486256DD6001D0E97?OpenDocument&Headline=Lambert+officials+seek+more+flights+from+Frontier

I mean, why would they want Frontier so much? There have been many stories in the press about STL wanting Frontier to set up a second hub there. (I'll go back into the archives if you like, and find some links).

By the by, it's Frontier Jet Express, not Frontier Jet Connect.

cheers

mariner

aeternum nauta

LambertMan
Topic Author

Sun Nov 23, 2003 12:50 pm

Mariner, to me right now it seems like they want ANYTHING. If great plains would have offered STL what they did BLV, they probably would have welcomed it with open arms. Who wouldnt want F9 to set up a secondary hub? Umm...I doubt anyone. Good little airline, new planes, IFE, low fares...what more can you ask for? They want an airline to serve as the future of STL BADLY regarless of who they are, they would jump through hoops to get B6, FL, or F9 in here with a decent operation. jet connect, jet express, jet flyer, whatever, I know what it is I just was typin too quick. Big thumbs up

mariner

Sun Nov 23, 2003 12:59 pm

LambertMan:

This time, I pretty much agree with you. Which is why I was puzzled by your first post - I would have thought the great bitterness would be to AMR.

I think the chances of Frontier setting up a second hub at STL are slim, though. Now that they've resolved the gate space issue at DIA - for now anyway - CEO Potter has said that every time he looks at anywhere else, he comes back to Denver.

But I'm a bit confused about Great Plains. Did they offer to BLV or did BLV offer to them?

Not that it matters, but I wonder if Great Plains did speak to STL - although it's hard to imagine that they'd get as good a deal as they got at BLV.

But anything's possible.

cheers

mariner
aeternum nauta

atrude777

Sun Nov 23, 2003 2:08 pm

I think i was both

regardibng to GP at BLV. GP saw the ooprtunity and BLV said hey ur welcome here so they said ok.

I dunno itsa guess so don't shooot me!!

I hope STL becomes F9 ops but it won't so its nice ot dream though.

Alex.
Good things come to those who wait, better things come to those who go AFTER it!