Olympus69
Topic Author

Air France Concorde Reg Wanted

Tue Nov 25, 2003 3:06 am

Seeing a recent request for a BA Concorde reg. reminded me that I took a photo of an Air France Concorde departing YYZ on July 11, 1997. I can't quite read the registration but it might be F-WTSC.

I don't see an Air France Concorde listed with that reg. - the closest is F-BTSD but I'm fairly sure it is F-Wxxx on my photo.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © John Kelley

EA CO AS

RE: Air France Concorde Reg Wanted

Tue Nov 25, 2003 3:10 am

Check this site for a complete listing of all Concorde registrations:

http://www.concordesst.com/fleet.html

It appears that the only aircraft with a French registry starting with "W" were three Concordes in the "development fleet," registered F-WTSS (Aircraft 001), F-WTSA, and F-WTSB.

Check this link to see the listing and disposition of each aircraft:

http://www.concordesst.com/prototypes.html

RB

[Edited 2003-11-24 19:15:24]
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

JBirdAV8r

Tue Nov 25, 2003 3:21 am

On my monitor it looks like F-BTSC (RIP)
I got my head checked--by a jumbo jet

EA CO AS

Tue Nov 25, 2003 3:57 am

Agreed, the aircraft in that photo is F-BTSC. I didn't realize he was asking about THAT photo in particular, just some random pic he'd snapped.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

Olympus69
Topic Author

Tue Nov 25, 2003 4:11 am

I found F-BTSC listed in my 2000 edition of 'Airlines'. It also listed its previous registration as F-WTSC. I had forgotten about the one that crashed - the reason I couldn't find it in my 2003 edition. I tried re-scanning the original print, but couldn't make the reg. any clearer.

I am beginning to feel like a jinx. I now have 4 photos on A.net of airliners that came to a disastrous end. Apart from F-BTSC they are :-

N736PA Pan Am B747-121 'Clipper Victor'
HB-IWF Swissair MD-11
N14053 American Airlines A300-B4-605R

GDB

Tue Nov 25, 2003 5:43 am

AF Leased the then F-WTSC from Aerospatiale, eventually buying it outright in I think round 1980, but it was re-registered as F-BTSC in May 1975, according to the info I have, in that case it would have been F-WTSC for only 4 months, having first flown in this guise in Jan 1975.

BA leased 214, as G-BFKW in 1980, in early 1981 it joined BA outright as G-BOAG.
(Which is how 216, flying for the first time a year later than 214, ended up as G-BOAF in 1980, originally having the BAe reg G-BFKX, when leased to BA it was G-N94AF for the Braniff operated leg between IAD-DFW).

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos