mozart

LH New Domestic Business Class - It's Terrible!

Thu Nov 27, 2003 3:37 am

Before everybody beats me up that this should be a travel report: hang on and read to the end.

I traveled on LH 88 yesterday from DUS to HAM (C Class) on B737 "Neubrandenburg" (don't know the reg, sorry), which already had the new seats installed. Believe me, this is a step back! From threads on this forum I know that they have squeezed in 12 more seats and that despite that they could keep legroom acceptable, thanks to lighter and smaller seats. Sounds good. Until you sit in one. What they have done is the following: the seat cushion is much much smaller than before, you just about have your bottom on it, but there's no support for your legs!! It's like sitting on a log. VERY uncomfortable. And that flight was just a short hop... I already dread longer flights to Italy or Spain or France.

Now here's my question: why on earth does LH spend money on new products such as the new intercont business class and the new European business class, and then does it "on the cheap". For the intercont product, why didn't they try to leapfrog competition by installing something BETTER than BA or the new AF. Instead, a bed which isn't fully horizontal. Now they've spent 300 million Euros, just to end up with something which doesn't stand comparison to competitors' offerings. The same for for the domestic/European business class: their seats were terrible alreaedy in the past, armrests too narrow, no lumbar support, no head support (for instance, BA, OS and I believe to remember also LX had seats that were WAY better) - and now this!!! Add to this Germans' inability to come up with decent catering (sorry, that's the Frenchman in me), and you're in for a terrible experience.

I love LH for their reliability, their efficiency, "smoothness" on the ground (that's my German half), but, gosh, is flying dreadful with them.

What does everyone around here think? Is LH doing something wrong? Making huge investments but still lagging competition in the quality of their product? After all, their results look good compared to some other carriers.

bustaphil

RE: LH New Domestic Business Class - It's Terrible!

Thu Nov 27, 2003 3:49 am

dear mozart i totally agree!
besides i never understand why people are so fond of lh; concerning innovations in the cabin they always limp behind the other major airlines; ok one could argue it's only important to get safely from a to b...
FLYING the best thing on earth!!!

nwadc10

Thu Nov 27, 2003 4:05 am

Totally agree with the new seats on new Airbus aircraft, especially on LH, being just covered benches! Even short people have most of their legs sticking out. It's totally dreadful and totally fraudulent.

Sabena332

Thu Nov 27, 2003 6:35 am

I agree, today I flew DUS-LHR-DUS in LH's Business Class (of course I didn't pay it myself Big grin) and I remember that I had a little bit more space when I flew in row no. 5 on their 733 in Economy Class a few month ago. The seat comfort was not the best but the service and the crew were very good.

Patrick
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

godbless

Thu Nov 27, 2003 6:41 am

You flew on D-ABEN.

Max

AMS

Thu Nov 27, 2003 7:05 am

Yes I also agree, flew recently FRA-AMS in c class, seats are almost the same as y class, but the service is outstanding!!

What a pitty!

Regards,
AMS

mozart

Fri Nov 28, 2003 4:16 am

Surprised not to have Andreas and Konstantin express their views on this LH topic...