wedgetail737

Allegro Air Status

Tue Dec 02, 2003 12:55 pm

Hi everyone! I know that this thread was on a few weeks ago. Does anyone know if Allegro Air has indeed stopped flying to the United States or stopped flying period???

ORD747CLE

RE: Allegro Air Status

Tue Dec 02, 2003 3:16 pm

The last I heard on these boards were that if any of their planes landed in the USA, they were going to be seized!!

There are some people who work(ed) for them on here, maybe they will have some more information.

Ord747Cle

latinaviation

Tue Dec 02, 2003 9:32 pm

I believe they can only operate flights within Mexico, no longer to the US.

luv2fly

Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:36 pm

I also read where right now they have to stay out of the US or the planes will be seized.
You can cut the irony with a knife

fly727

Thu Dec 04, 2003 1:12 am

That is correct. The legal battle between the former leasor and Allegro is still going on. In the mean time., Allegro is undergoing a very deep transformation and efficiency program that includes everything from training to sales strategies. New aircraft are expected to arrive in early 2004. The domestic route system will be more solid with the addition of several ethnic cities and traffic generators to border cities like TIJ. Authorization to fly to the US was not renewed by the Mexican Authorities fearing that could cause more harm than benefit to the airline (despite not flying them with the troubled leasor's planes).

As I mentioned some time ago, it will be hard but not impossible to revive the airline. I'm currently providing training to them and in general good expectations are heard. Hope they materialize soon.

RM  Smile
There are no stupid questions... just stupid people!

ghost77

Fri Dec 05, 2003 8:11 am

Some good news!

They will start new flights/add frequencies:

TIJ-BJX-TLC-CUN and return.
CUN-MEx-GDL-TIJ and return.
PBC-GDL-PBC
PBC-BJX-PBC
PBC-CUN-PBC
PBC-PVR-PBC
PBC-TIJ-PBC
MEx-PVR-SJD-TIJ

Soon they will start flights to Ixtapa, Morelia and Monterrey.

As for now, charters to the US and Canada are suspended., but charter flights in the country, Caribbean, Central and South America will go on!

Ricardo Morales - APM  Smile

Ricardo Morales - flyAPM - ¡No es que maneje rapido, solo estoy volando lento!

fly727

Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:35 am

As far as the TIJ-BJX-TLC-CUN and back this is already in operations. Allegro is just waiting to get approval from the authorities to carry passengers between TLC and CUN.

CUN-MEX-GDL-TIJ and back is operating almost full everyday. I have been visiting the reservations center daily since a week ago and the agents are working really hard. Great that the "high" season has not started yet !!!

About PBC (Puebla) as we speak a couple of executives are there setting the operation which will begin early next year (Jan).

Allegro must redifine their market just like TAESA did a few years ago. With careful planning it can eventually turn to be a massive transporter of ethnic passengers between secondary cities and important border cities.

A very important American tour operator, already asked Allegro for a couple of airplanes to do runs between their traffic generator centers and Mexican beach destinations. As soon as the permits are granted again to fly internationally, it is a fact that Allegro will get back part of the lucrative charter market that once held as the most important charter carrier in Latin America (and second in America after ATA).

RM  Smile
There are no stupid questions... just stupid people!

ghost77

Fri Dec 05, 2003 12:37 pm

Good news Fly727! Hope everything gets better for LL! Interesting to know it was the second most important charter carrier in America after ATA!

Ricardo Morales - APM  Smile

Ricardo Morales - flyAPM - ¡No es que maneje rapido, solo estoy volando lento!