BN747
Topic Author

Limited Renovations At Bradley Tbit -greenlighted

Tue Dec 09, 2003 4:54 am

1145PST:Local station Channel 7-KABC, just announced (and featured da' Mayor and entourage) at LAX. Annoucing a $225 million USD renovation at the Bradley Terminal-TBIT. The annoucement basically says 40% of expenditures will be security upgrades and the remainder being a complete redesigining of the ticketing areas and boarding lounges. Doesn't sound like much...but the key phrase came with the reporters closing words...I quote "The renovation is expected to be completed by 2006". Now is this coincidence, that the A380 enters service at the same time!

Not read more into this than there really is..but this has to be a backdoor entrance to getting TBIT tweaked and ratched up to accomodate the double decker winged wonder. There's no doubt in my mind that Branson & The Govenator summoned the mayor up to Sacramento and knocked him over the head with some serious numbers until he came around to see things their way!

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

DeltaSFO

RE: Limited Renovations At Bradley Tbit -greenlighted

Tue Dec 09, 2003 4:56 am

Oh yes, coincidence of course. New ticket counters and better x-ray machines will definitely enable the A380 to fit on the TBIT ramp. Right?
It's a new day. Every moment matters. Now, more than ever.

BN747
Topic Author

RE: Limited Renovations At Bradley Tbit -greenligh

Tue Dec 09, 2003 5:06 am

DeltaSFO

Ever heard of cost construction cost overruns? The gates can easily be reconfigured the current 12 gates can be reduced to 10 gates making way two aircraft. There are politicians all over this thing. That only means one thing..lies! Big ones! Each speaker kept blabbing about how LAX receives the most Pax in this area and that..on and on and on! Unless you are naive about politics, you won't see through this crap. The city which runs LAX has not moved to renovate anything..the carriers have done all the renovations at LAX AA T-4, DL T-5 and NW T-2 (actually PA did this) . The city terminals T3 and T6 haven't done squat and still have no plans to do so! So why now all of a sudden Bradley? Which is way better shape than those two??? Read between the lines kid!

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson