mirrodie

What Route Would Have Been Taken?

Sun Dec 14, 2003 2:55 pm

about a year and a half ago, my fiancee and I took a flight on Southwest from ISP to PVD.

It's a 20 minute flight so please bear with me.

It seems that as soon as we crossed the Long Island Sound, I noticed, sitting on the left hand side, an airport right at the egde of the water. It seemed like a very small airport.

Can anyone with some knowledge of the route figure out what airport I was looking at? I would appreciate it.

mirrodie
Forum moderator 2001-2010; He's a pedantic, pontificating, pretentious bastard, a belligerent old fart, a worthless st

miles_mechanic

RE: What Route Would Have Been Taken?

Sun Dec 14, 2003 3:13 pm

Hi Mirrodie, I did a plot of that flight on the flight planner on Landings.com, and the airport that you probably saw was Groton New London Conneticut airport, that is right on the edge of the water on the map, and right on the flight path you should have been on. If you want to try this link I will include I hope it works, but if not, go to Landings.com and go to the flight planning section and plot the flight on the website, they have a very good map ploting software. http://www.landings.com/evird.acgi$pass*59350961!_h-www.landings.com/_landings/pages/search/search_dist_apt.html

Regards
Miles