gilesdavies

Night Flights On Xmas Eve/Early Hours Of Xmas Day

Tue Dec 16, 2003 5:04 am

Has any one been on a night flight on Christmas Eve or early hours of Christmas Day and seen Father Christmas fly by delivering all his presents???

Merry Christmas!!!

levg79

RE: Night Flights On Xmas Eve/Early Hours Of Xmas Day

Tue Dec 16, 2003 5:07 am

Imagine ATC call, "you're following a heavy SANTA delivering presents, caution wake turbulence...."
A mile of runway takes you to the world. A mile of highway takes you a mile.

schiller64

Tue Dec 16, 2003 5:12 am

Haven't seen 'em yet.

However, I'm booked on BA 116 JFK LHR dep 10:00 p.m. on Christmas Eve - i'll keep a lookout, since we're bound to meet Santa on his way from Europe to the eastcoast.

Sabena332

Tue Dec 16, 2003 5:15 am

I flew on Christmas Day in the year 1999 but I didn't see him, maybe because I departed at 4pm, he probably finished his present delivery a few hours before  Big thumbs up.

This year I will fly on December 23rd, one day too early  Sad.

Patrick
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

aa61hvy

Tue Dec 16, 2003 5:39 am

I have flown on Xmas morning on a few occassions.

All DEN-DFW, it was filled too.
Go big or go home

PiedmontGirl

Tue Dec 16, 2003 5:40 am

Now understand that I'm not sayin' I've ever actually seen Santa fly by my plane on Christmas Eve delivering toys to boys and girls everywhere...

.....but.......

I have seen that jolly old elf on my flight more than just once or twice.

Once on a dark Christmas Eve night our intrepid Captain announced that he had a warning from Air Traffic Control to be on the look out for one Santa Heavy carrying toys and powered by 8 tiny reindeer and driven by a jolly elf in a bright red suit.

Suddenly.......there was the distant sound of sleigh bells and a deep and hearty HO! HO! HO! coming from somewhere -- but I knew not where. The sounds grew louder and louder as Santa Heavy came closer and closer to our flight.

Imagine the delight of everyone on board when our Captain told us that Santa had radioed him and requested permission to come aboard. Permission, of course, was promptly granted and we attendants were instructed to "....open the door and let Santa in!"

We promptly did just that....and in a twinkling there was the Elf Himself with a huge bag of goodies for everyone on board. He seemed to have just the perfect thing for each and every child regardless of age or sex.

It was over all too soon and Santa had to go. In a twinkling he was gone the same way he'd come. From the top of the plane could be heard the clatter of tiny little hooves. With the sound of sleigh bells came "On, Cupid! On, Comet!
On,........HO! HO! HO! Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night."

This happened just as related on a Piedmont Airlines 737-200, December 24, between Atlanta and Kinston, NC, circa 1980.

[Edited 2003-12-15 21:46:38]

RL757PVD

Tue Dec 16, 2003 6:07 am

Ill be flying PVD-ATL-DAB X mas morning ( 6:20 am) and believe it or not, the B757 from PVD-ATL is overbooked by 33 in the coach section!
Experience is what you get when what you thought would work out didn't!

FLAIRPORT

Tue Dec 16, 2003 6:11 am

it will be a busy night in the skys as Hanakuah Harry will follow Santa!

Normally Christmas is just Dec 25 for me, but this year it is HANAKUAH!
NEXT FLIGHT: FLL-ATL-HPN on FL