Two SIA Engineering Staff Killed!

Wed Jan 12, 2000 4:40 pm

They were killed in an accident on board one of SQ's 744's.A flatform fell and pinned them to death.One had just become a father and the other had worked in SIA Engg for 27 years when he was 18.

Must cry now......................
Gundu
Love those 744's

RE: Two SIA Engineering Staff Killed!

Wed Jan 12, 2000 4:54 pm

It was an accident.Look,I'm not trying to insult you or anything,but SIA's cabin crew is in the top 5 of my list.

1.CX
2.SQ
3.AN
4.VS
5.UA

Gundu

Wed Jan 12, 2000 5:15 pm

Full news report
------------------------------------------------------
The Straits Times 12/01/2000
--------------------
Two SIA Engg staff died and one is in critical condition,after an elevated platform they were on collapsed on Monday night.
The three were carrying out maintainence work on a B747-400 Megatop at Changi Airport when the platform collapsed.They fell about 20m to the ground and were pinned under the platform.
Indonesian National Edwin Dewanto,29,and Singaporean Lau Fook Soon,44 died from serious head injury.
Mr Dewanto died at the Changi General Hospital at around 11.20pm Monday night while Mr Lau,a father of three,died yesterday morning at the Tan Tock Seng Hospital.
The third man,Ivan Chan Chee Chung,23,an apprentice aircraft maintainance technician,has been warded at the Tan Tock Seng Hospital.
The three were working on the plane,docked at Changi's Terminal 1,when the incident occured at around 10.45pm.It is understood they had fell head-first.

Any comments??

Singapore 777

Wed Jan 12, 2000 6:58 pm

Ashford747 and N754PR,
I would like to hear some of the bad stuff you have to say about SIA as I don't currently work for them. I would like to get some insights into their company.

Thanks for your help.

Thu Jan 13, 2000 3:46 pm

I thot yu liked SQ??

N754PR

What Happened To My Message ?

Thu Jan 13, 2000 6:53 pm

I think i replied to this a few days ago , seems its gone ???
Bush, your a sad, sad man.

RE: What Happened To My Message ?

Thu Jan 13, 2000 8:42 pm

Some people (i am the webmaster) cannot take some constructive criticism on Singapore Airlines. This is what you call bias and this forum is not about having a bias view. SQ has many problems with its management and lets face it, we all have criticised many airlines on this site and SQ is not exception.

All I can say to the webmaster of this website is to open up his views and do not delete other message that are not offensive, such as Ashford747 and N754PR message. This is rather childish and low business ethics.

Singapore 777

RE: What Happened To My Message ?

Thu Jan 13, 2000 9:30 pm

Hey Airline 2000, do you mine emailing me? I want to talk to you.

My email:
mok_weng_lock@hotmail.com

PS Don't worry! It's nothing bad  .

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos