COIAH99
Topic Author

Favorite City To Fly Into Or Out Of

Sun Dec 21, 2003 4:14 am

Brand new to Airliners(love the website) so I thought I'd start a new topic.
So far mine would be ANC on a clear day.
Work Hard Fly Right

AA54Heavy

RE: Favorite City To Fly Into Or Out Of

Sun Dec 21, 2003 4:32 am

Washington National with the Potomac river approach
Roger that, turning to our "other" left

FlyingBanker

Sun Dec 21, 2003 4:35 am

Would have to be SFO on a clear day. I love coming in over the bay with another plane approaching at the same time, it's awesome to watch another plane landing at the same time.

jeffrey1970

Sun Dec 21, 2003 4:38 am

A tie between San Francisco, because the city is just so beautiful, and Montego Bay with an approach very similiar to St. Maarten.

God bless through Jesus,

Jeff
God bless through Jesus, Jeff

flynavy

Sun Dec 21, 2003 4:41 am

MCO, because it's home.
Change is: one airline, six continents!

funflyer

Sun Dec 21, 2003 4:41 am

I would have to HNL just because of the water.

I Like Water  Nuts
Who cares about status?

DeltaMD11

Sun Dec 21, 2003 4:44 am

I liked flying out of Zurich. Interesting sites all around, and the departure included a huge turn to the right which gave me a great aerial view of the airport. Would love to do that again sometime soon.

As for inside my own country, SAN is so much fun. One of the most difficult approaches for pilots. Get to come in low right over the desert and there is like a magic line where the desert ends and San Diego County begins. Awesome flying in right over downtown San Diego (always fly right over the Mona Lisa in Little Italy where we eat quite often in town), and BAM you smack that runway on a hot day, those spoilers come up and they give the reversers hell. I love it. Beautiful sights to see, combined with an awesome approach.
Too often we ... enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. - John Fitzgerald Kennedy

SA7700

Sun Dec 21, 2003 4:56 am

Sydney of course. I haven't experience anything like my first arrival over fabulous Sydney Harbour.
When you are doing stuff that nobody has done before, there is no manual – Kevin McCloud (Grand Designs)

TLHFLA

Sun Dec 21, 2003 4:59 am

The approach to TPA is usually over Tampa Bay and provides a neat view of either Tampa or St. Petersburg, depending on what side of the plane you are on. I have flown into and out of TPA many times and it is still one of the most enjoyable approaches. I imagine the approach to PIE would provide a similar view, but I have never flown in or out of that airport.

I recently flew into/out of MCO for the first time. I drove 3.5 hours down to MCO to save money on a flight to STL. The take off took us to the west and then northwest along the coast and literally back over my house in Tallahassee 20 minutes later (doh!). Coming into MCO we flew right down the center of the state with each coast visible from each side of the plane. The pilot even announced to everybody to check out the view.
Bill in ATL

nycfuturepilot

Sun Dec 21, 2003 5:02 am

Either SFO comming in over the bay or LGA and EWR(they're practically the same for a passenger). The best approach I've ever had was on a CO flight to EWR from SJU. We landed at around 830pm with a spectacular view of the lights honoring the world trade center.
Father, Son, HOYA spirit

tcfc424

Sun Dec 21, 2003 5:02 am

Flying into Las Vegas...

It is awesome to come in over the desert, low enough that you are certain you are landing in the middle of nowhere...then, all of the sudden there are golf courses...then neighborhoods, and then bam! You're on the ground looking at the lights of the Las Vegas Strip. breathtaking.