Bluewave 707
Topic Author

A 727 And Two 737s @ HNL ...

Mon Dec 22, 2003 3:12 am

On Friday there were two 737s that appeared to be Shenzhen Airlines going to China, and an unmarked 727 parked on the Lagoon Drive side of HNL. Any info?
"The best use of your life will be to so live your life, that the use of your life will outlive your life" -- D Severn

je89_w
Crew

RE: A 727 And Two 737s @ HNL ...

Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:37 am

Yes, there were two Shenzhen Airlines B738s there, unfortunately never got the chance to catch their departure on Saturday (so I don't know reg). Last month, two Shenzhen Airlines B738s came by HNL together . . . managed to catch both of them (reg was B-5073 and B-5075).

The B727 looked similar to the Express One B727.

I don't know why but some flights into HNL (delivery) don't appear on the flight tracker, like the Shenzhen Airlines for instance. I have to go to the airport and cross my fingers for some unsual subject.

BTW, in previous years, I noticed that around this time of year should be Kona winds. But the winds are coming mighty strong from the north? What's this?

Bluewave 707
Topic Author

Mon Dec 22, 2003 1:45 pm

Je89W, thanks for the info. As far as the wind conditions go, every few years we get those chilly north winds for a stretch that brings the big waves the surfers love. The Kona's will come around. When the winds hit 220° to 330°, they'll make their approaches over Waikiki. Well ... that's one of those things we cannot control.
"The best use of your life will be to so live your life, that the use of your life will outlive your life" -- D Severn

je89_w
Crew

Mon Dec 22, 2003 2:25 pm

Someone told me the HNL ATC are lousy . . . as in lazy. I don't know if this is true, but he said that they are reluctant to switch the wind pattern when the winds blow from the south. And I have noticed that too. Planes will takeoff/land with tailwind and it takes hours for the ATC to actually switch the wind pattern.

I have yet to be out spotting in the early, clear morning, with lots of traffic, along with Kona winds. Oh well, I'm still waiting!  Smile

Bluewave 707
Topic Author

Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:51 am

Patience, my friend, you'll get your wish.

ATIS for HNL 127.900 MHz.

The Kona's have to be sustained for at least several hours before HNL ATC decides to shift things around. I am not sure how long it takes to re-route flights to accomodate the wind shift, I can't imagine it would take no more than an hour.

They'll keep normal patterns when the winds are variable.

Hope this helps.

je89_w
Crew

Tue Dec 23, 2003 8:30 am

Thanks for the info.  Smile Are you a HNL spotter? I never knew there were so many . . . I never seem to see anyone when I'm out there.

Bluewave 707
Topic Author

Tue Dec 23, 2003 6:08 pm

By the looks of your photos, it looks like you've got access beyond the State Sheriff's checkpoint on Lagoon Drive.

Unfortunately, I don't, and got the "Spanish Inquisition" by the Akal "security" for listening to my scanner, holding my camera, and having a smoke at the Lagoon/Aolele corner lot a year ago this week. This security guard obviously does not know about spotters.

I can also see HNL from my condo. It's not real close, but I can see enough with a pair of binoculars, and my scanner.

hawaiian717

Tue Dec 23, 2003 6:56 pm

I'm back in HNL for a couple weeks, would be interested in getting together for spotting/photos at some point. I'm at my parents' in Ewa Beach, so I see the approaches to 8L flying over, and also the channel approach to 8L as well as 4R over the ocean. If I look carefully I can see planes on the reef.

David / HNL

je89_w
Crew

Wed Dec 24, 2003 7:45 am

Is there a checkpoint on Lagoon Drive again??? I remember it being taken down in October (after being up since 9-11), but still be mindful of those tough guards that patrol the area by car.

I can't see the airport from my condo because downtown is in the way. I can see the takeoffs on all runways and arrivals on 26L/R, and 04R. Aircraft arriving from the mainland fly over my area. During Kona winds, smaller planes (Cessnas - Shorts) fly fairly low over my condo toward the airport.

Ahh, Aolele. Wish I could somehow get a chance to photograph aircraft from there. In the past, I've spotted these aircraft parked there, unfortunately never had the chance to photograph all of them:

-NH B742
-AWAIR Airwagon A310
-NZ A320, B744
-QF B738, B742
-NW A320, B752
-PR B733, B744
-ANK B735
-Aviacsa B732
-DL B763
-Skynet Asia Airlines B734

The list goes on. That's all I can think of at the moment.

There are some photos from Georg Suschnigg

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Georg S.
View Large View Medium

Photo © Georg S.

View Large View Medium

Photo © Georg Suschnigg
View Large View Medium

Photo © Georg Suschnigg

Wonder how he gets to those places. Has some pretty nice shots.

Jerrold

ha763

Wed Dec 24, 2003 8:49 am

Every time the national terror alert level is raised to orange and above, the extra security checkpoints on Elliot, Lagoon, and Rodgers will be put up.

Bluewave 707
Topic Author

Thu Dec 25, 2003 4:36 am

Is it safe to assume that when the National Terror Alert level goes back to yellow, those extra checkpoints will go down?

Back in September, I had to videotape a wedding out at the wedding chapel next door to the seaplane landing. There was a State Sheriff's Dept checkpoint with 2 deputies there. They just asked where I was going, I told them and they let me through. They did not inspect the car, or ask for an ID. I don't remember what the NTA color was at the time, but it was a few days after 9-11-03. Actually, that chapel is a dream location for us spotters. With my professional digital video camera, and a high-speed shutter, I could pull frames from the DV tape, and save them as photo files. But ... that location was a one-off deal for the production company I work for. Darn!!! I did not see anything out of the ordinary that day.

It appears that Georg S works for an airline or for the airport. That seems how he gets those awesome flightline shots.

You know, since they put up that new access bridge and new access road along the HNL perimeter to get from the Lagoon Drive side to the main airport. The view from the Lagoon/Aolele corner lot is obstructed. Which poses the question ... in that corner lot, how is it possible to use it as a parking lot for freight trucks? I would think that lot would be under scrutiny for allowing empty(?) trucks to park.

With NTA color going up to orange, there have been a lot of air patrols by HANG F-15s.

je89_w
Crew

Thu Dec 25, 2003 8:31 am

I also heard those checkpoints would be set up, only if the NTA level is orange or above. I don't know if the NTA level dropped to yellow in October 2003, but the checkpoints on both Lagoon Drive and Elliot Street were certainly taken down.

About that corner lot you were talking about, I've never seen any freight trucks there . . . only tour buses, from what I have seen. Seems pretty useless to me, in my honest opinion.

By the way, CI flies every Tuesday and Sunday to HNL from TPE direct using the A343. What is the scheduled time of arrival? Seems to come in at 5AM sometimes, and 7AM on other times.

ha763

Thu Dec 25, 2003 9:41 am

I don't remember when the checkpoints came down the last time, but I don't remember them being up in September, at least on Elliot or on Rodgers.

According to the flight schedule, the direct flights from TPE operate Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday using a 744 and arrives in HNL around 0700. The nonstop TPE flights operate on Thursday and Sunday using an A343 and arrive in HNL around 0540.

Bluewave 707
Topic Author

Thu Dec 25, 2003 12:25 pm

I suppose sending something via FedEx or UPS is a good excuse to head down Lagoon Drive. My parents also sent a parcel via UPS in September, and said that the Sheriff's were still at their Lagoon Dr. checkpoint.

BTW, PR flies their A340s through HNL. I konw there is one flight that leaves around 0900 or so. As far as CI goes, are they still using 744s on their HND route?

ha763

Thu Dec 25, 2003 12:54 pm

Actually, the direct TPE flight stops in NRT. I believe they moved their ops to NRT either earlier this year or last. I get to see this flight land by looking right out of the door in the warehouse I work in.

je89_w
Crew

Thu Dec 25, 2003 2:31 pm

In early October, I was driving along Lagoon Drive, squinted my eyes to see that the checkpoint had been taken down. I drove on, anticipating the checkpoint to be further down the road. Turned out that there was no checkpoint. Smile But they assembled it this past weekend. Sad

Yes, I think by saying "UPS" or "Fedex", you could get in . . . just be mindful of the sheriffs/AKAL patrolling the area with their vehicles.

CI actually moved to NRT before June 2002.

Okay, CI002 arrives in HNL way too early for me. Yikes! 05:40! Wow! What time would the return flight to TPE leave?

Yes, PR arrives HNL at 07:20 and leaves at 09:20, using the A343. There have been days in the past where PR would use their A333s instead of A343s. I was lucky to catch one:

View Large View Medium

Photo © Je89 W.

Other Airbus operators include CI (A343), Air Transat (A332), Skyservice (A333), and when Canada 3000 still was in service, they used their A332s. I'm not too sure if Air Transat stopped flying to HNL, because I never seem to see it on the flight tracker anymore. Air New Zealand fly in HNL with their A320s for delivery.

Surprise visits by Airbus aircraft include:

View Large View Medium

Photo © Georg S.
View Large View Medium

Photo © Je89 W.

View Large View Medium

Photo © Je89 W.

I remember seeing an AN A320 after they stopped flying (probably was on its way to the mainland for storage).

Jerrold

Bluewave 707
Topic Author

Thu Dec 25, 2003 6:22 pm

A few months ago there was an ex-SQ A310 on its way to the desert.

Once I get more free time to scan some my photos, some of which date back to the mid-90s, I'll submit them for posting on the site.

Can't say I have a lot of Airbus shots. Though I have one of a private A340 under Saudi Arabian registry.

je89_w
Crew

Thu Dec 25, 2003 6:29 pm

Ouch! Wish I had the chance to get the SQ A310 . . . I never really photographed many of them when I was in Singapore in 2002, not to expect they would suddenly retire them just like that.

Can't wait to see your photos! My photos date back to the year 2000, although I have a handful of very low quality shots lying around, that date back to 1996.

Jerrold

Bluewave 707
Topic Author

Fri Dec 26, 2003 3:21 am

Once I get my photo scanner figured out I'll submit them. I also have to look at my photo log to match the date, reg#, and which part of HNL I took the photo, and the other info to post in the comment section.

The last time I went to the US Customs parking lot to shoot a jet (LH MD-11F), there were no problems with "security". The only bad thing about that spot are the light poles. If they are parked further down the North Ramp, forget it, too many in your shot.

I don't have a problem with security in general, considering what's happened over the last decade. It's some of the personnel that gets on my nerves, those who think they are God's gift to law enforcement. You know, badge flashers with a power complex. And their are not even part of the government (ie police, sheriffs, federal). There is a way of providing security, without pushing their weight around.

je89_w
Crew

Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:45 am

Where is the US Customs parking lot? Is that near NW Cargo? Or is it that big parking lot with this short wooden tower in the middle of it?

David, I don't know about spotting at Lagoon Drive, now with the checkpoint, we could try though. If it is Kona winds, you could spot at Sand Island (26R/L arrivals), although in the afternoon (around this time of year), the sun is directly in front of you.

Bluewave 707
Topic Author

Sat Dec 27, 2003 8:06 am

The US Customs parking lot is on the Ewa side of the UA Cargo complex. The chainlink fence, and light poles will obstruct your shot. Take your pix fast! There are surveillance cameras facing the lot. Knock wood, no one from US Customs has ever stopped me. With threat level orange, I ain't taking any chances.

There is a parking lot that fronts the North Ramp, and did not have any guards or card readers up until 99 or so. It was opened to anyone, eventhough there was a guard tower. I took a few shots from there, but it's still far, and shoot through the fence. After 9-11, I'm quite sure access is restricted..

je89_w
Crew

Sat Dec 27, 2003 3:09 pm

Yeah, I've shot some photos from the guardhouse once. There was a grounded QF B744 parked there (grounded after 9-11). I would have loved to see what airlines/aircraft had to divert to HNL due to 9-11, I just couldn't get past the checkpoint.

Was Kona winds this afternoon. Slow traffic. Spotted a FX MD-11, 2 HA B763s, and a North American B752 takeoff, and a bunch of mainland stuff arrive. What interesting thing I saw was an AQ parked next to the FX MD-11 (near the Fedex Cargo terminal). I heard the B732's engines spool up, and to my amazement, saw the B732 back up by itself (using reverse thrust) without the need of a push back truck! I don't know if it's common for them to do that, but it's certainly the first time I've seen that!

Bluewave 707
Topic Author

Sat Dec 27, 2003 3:26 pm

Saw the Kona wind traffic too ...mostly inter-island stuff.

je89_w
Crew

Sat Dec 27, 2003 5:47 pm

Funny thing . . . I seem to notice by dusk or mid-evening, the ATC directs planes the normal 08R/08L departures/04R arrivals, or am I wrong? The pattern continues will continue through noon the next day. Pretty rare to have Kona wind traffic in the early morning.

Bluewave 707
Topic Author

Sun Dec 28, 2003 12:05 am

The Kona's have to be sustained for it to continue. If the winds are variable, ATC will have to adjust. I have seen Kona approaches in the early morning hours. If you're anywhere near Waikiki, get close to Diamond Head, and watch the 747s make their final approach turn to 26L. Very cool. The view from Magic Island and Kaka'ako Parks are pretty nice too.

Wait 'til it gets really humid, and it lasts for a few days, you'll have Kona approaches most of the time.

HNL ATC will let the late night AQ cargo flights land on 26R during normal tradewind weather, as long as the winds are mild. The funny thing is that all of the other landing traffic is arriving on 4R.

Je89W, nice shots on the database from this past November. Looks like Shenzhen is getting a lot of 737s delivered to them.

Bluewave 707
Topic Author

Sun Dec 28, 2003 8:14 am

With the rain forecasted for HNL, the vog rolling from the Big Island, and southerly winds expect to see some Kona wind approaches the next couple of days.

je89_w
Crew

Sun Dec 28, 2003 9:04 am

There was one time a JAL Reso'cha B743 turned for finals on runway 26L in front of Magic Island . . . amazing sight! As you said, most of the time, they'd turn in front of Diamond Head. AQ/HA traffic from Kauai usually turn in front of Magic Island though.

So no wonder I sometimes see some lights approaching the Kona wind pattern at night, although the winds are normal. I got pretty confused!  Nuts Never knew the ATC would allow those AQ jets to come in like that.

Looks like a trip out to the airport soon, thanks for the info! I don't know about the vog though, can ruin the blue sky in my shots.

Thanks for the compliments. Was pretty busy in December, never had the chance to get many shots. Hopefully I can get the chance to go more often next year.  Smile

Bluewave 707
Topic Author

Sun Dec 28, 2003 9:14 am

About the vog ... well we can't control that.

Don't get too close to the fences. Security won't like that. They can get picky.

Was at HNL this morning, and security is tighter than normal. Nothing unusual parked on the Lagoon Dr or North Ramp. Will be there for a few more days on assignment for my other job. Unfortunately, won't have any view of the planes.  Sad I will report any new traffic though.

je89_w
Crew

Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:32 am

I don't know if NH1956 from Fukuoka is a scheduled flight or not, but it is operated by a B744. I always see a B763 in HNL that comes from Tokyo-Narita.

Can anyone give more information? Thanks!  Smile

Bluewave 707
Topic Author

Mon Dec 29, 2003 4:00 pm

I can check flight info while I'm there, and post that info later in the day.  Smile

As far as NH goes, I haven't seen a 744 at HNL, but have seen 743s that operate the HNL-NRT run when loads demand. The 763s are for the smaller Japanese markets.

Nothing unusual at HNL except for the all-white 742F, though its probably a Kalitta.

je89_w
Crew

Tue Dec 30, 2003 6:31 am

Caught an NH B744 back in January 2001 with a disposable camera. That was the only time I've seen it at HNL. I think you mean B742 for big loads? NH does not have any B743s. Funny, wouldn't the B772 be more suitable if the passenger loads are larger, before using the B747?

There was also one time where an NH flight came in from Sendai, operating a B742.

Bluewave 707
Topic Author

Tue Dec 30, 2003 12:00 pm

At one time NH had 743s, and had seen them @ HNL. The main fleet here are 742s and 763s. When the 742s are up for retirement, the 772 will step in.

I remember I videotaped a wedding a couple of years back in which the groom is an NH 742 pilot. We chatted for a few minutes before the ceremony. He said that the 744 is mainly used for lager international markets like LHR, LAX, JFK, SFO, you get the picture. He also said that if there are 744s to Hawaii, then it must have been a last minute replacement. They have 2 flights from NRT during the peak season.

hawaiian717

Tue Dec 30, 2003 12:03 pm

*groan* Ah yes, what I don't like about HNL... spotting stinks. At code orange, forget it.

I've tried Ke'ehi Lagoon Park during Kona winds, but the planes were just too far out when landing on the reef for my 210mm lens. Is Sand Island better?

My most productive photography trip in quite a while here was over a year ago, at OGG.

David / HNL

Bluewave 707
Topic Author

Tue Dec 30, 2003 12:11 pm

Hawaiian717,

Tried Sand Island once to spot during Kona's but all I got in the time frame was inter-island traffic, during the lull in major carrier arrivals.  Sad Just be careful there, it's not the safest place to be.

Magic Island @ Ala Moana Park, and the Kaka'ako Waterfront Park may be a bit better, and safer. There are quite a number of people there.

ha763

Tue Dec 30, 2003 1:28 pm

About NH's HNL flights, all flights are normally operated by 763s. Anything other than a 763 is most likely a charter. Right now, NH is flying a 744 to HNL, but I'm not sure of the destination. I have been seeing it pushing back around 11:30am.

je89_w
Crew

Tue Dec 30, 2003 1:38 pm

Yes, the traffic can be quite dead at some parts of the day. Sand Island is fine, but you'd need a 300mm lense or higher to catch 26L arrivals. To catch 26R arrivals with a 210mm lense is not a problem . . . you'd only get inter-island traffic and an occasional B757. One thing bad about shooting photos at this time of the year is the sun's position. All day, the sun is at a position where if you face east-south, your sky will be as white as snow and glaring.

Bluewave 707
Topic Author

Tue Dec 30, 2003 4:40 pm

Was looking at the pax count on today's arrivals from Japan ... Average was about 220. The 2 NH flights from NRT were 153 & 186. Not bad for a 763, but a 747? Lots of room to lie around on.

hawaiian717

Tue Dec 30, 2003 5:48 pm

Do Aloha's 737-700's use 26R? I need winglet photos.

David / HNL

Aloha717200

Tue Dec 30, 2003 6:38 pm

This is a very interesting thread to say the least. Leaves me with a few questions if it's alright to ask them...

I'm going to HNL sometime within the next year or two (yeah, that's what I said LAST year!  Laugh out loud) and I'd want to do some spotting as well.

First off what's unsafe about Sand Island?

Second, during code Yellow, how much of a hassle is it to take photos around HNL....when you say spotting stinks do you mean from a vantage standpoint, or because of security hassling you?

What about over near Ewa Beach and on the western side of Pearl Harbor...cant you get some decent shots of jumbos on final for 8L and 8R over there?

What are the chances of getting anything decent with a 96mm zoom lens?

Bluewave 707
Topic Author

Tue Dec 30, 2003 11:10 pm

Aloha717200

Answers:

Sand Island: If you have not been there, it is located in the shipping district, aways from the city. There are a lot of people who drink there. The shore break at high tide can be dangerous if you get too close. Just be careful and carry a cell phone.

Yellow: A lot of the security personnel do not know about our hobby. They feel that we are loitering on government property.

Ewa Beach: If you can find a spot, it might be okay. A lot of ttraffic from Asia arrives in the morning. If you are staying in Waikiki, plan on your drive time being a little over an hour. 8R is only used for emergency landings and some military traffic.

96mm lens: it depends where you're shooting from. Within HNL, no problem. Around the airport, it might work.

Hope these answers/opinions help.  Smile

je89_w
Crew

Wed Dec 31, 2003 6:24 am

Hawaiian717

View Large View Medium

Photo © Je89 W.

As Bluewave707 said about Sand Island, there are a lot of weird people there sometimes. Be careful.

When it is Code Yellow, the sheriffs/AKAL would still patrol the area with their vehicles, as I mentioned earlier. Not a nice thing if you run into them while your camera is out.

I'm not a fan of Ewa Beach really, if you would want to get close to the approaching aircraft, you would have to make do with belly shots. If you want the side of the aircraft, you would have to use a long zoom lense.

To photograph 08R (Reef Runway) departures, you would at least need a 150-200mm lense. During Kona winds, a 96mm lense is not a problem, since the aircraft taxi fairly close to you.

hawaiian717

Wed Dec 31, 2003 7:59 am

The best place I can think of for photography from Ewa Beach would be within Iroquois Point Navy housing, the planes are getting pretty low on approach to 8L. Problem is, it's Navy housing. Actually, it's being converted to private, but they're treating it like a gated community; there's a sentry and you need a sticker on your car. I have access because my mother teaches at the elementary school there, but I haven't tried to take photos from there. You'd probably be able to take pictures of ships entering or leaving Pearl Harbor as well, and I suspect the military folk wouldn't like that too much.

Aloha717200,

Even before 9/11, photography at AFB (HNL / HIK / PHNL / PHIK), USA - Hawaii">HNL was difficult. There aren't a lot of places around the perimeter that make good vantage points. The best places have generally been in the terminal, or the interisland garage. The fact that half of the airport is surrounded by Hickam AFB doesn't help.

Your 96mm zoom lens will let you get photos from within the terminal, at least the closest gates to the breezeways. The best are gates 12, 14, 24, and 26 since the jetway will be on the other side of the aircraft. The Makai Pier used by Aloha is also good, it gets you close to aircraft taxiing in and out of the interisland and commuter terminal ramp. But the windows are tinted.

David / HNL

Bluewave 707
Topic Author

Wed Dec 31, 2003 11:18 am

A lot of my photos were shot with a point and shoot 35mm, with the 70mm zoom, I could stick the lens through the chainlink fence. Practically all the wide shots of airliners on Taxiway Romeo Tango have the perimeter fence in the shot.

There used to be this teenager several years ago that would sit on a step ladder to take pix of traffic on 8R/26L, with a 35mm SLR and a 200mm lens.

je89_w
Crew

Wed Dec 31, 2003 3:59 pm

The chainlink fence is way too small for my lense to fit through. So I just have to make do with the fence in my shots. I have noticed parts of the fence being cut by people (probably trying to stick their lense through it).

Have acess to Hickam AFB, but would not dare bringing my camera along and shooting photos of planes.

Before 9-11, you could hike out to the other side of 08R . . . can get pretty good shots there!

Aloha717200

Wed Dec 31, 2003 4:14 pm

You used to be able to hike to the other side of 8R? Man, that IS close. And I can understand why that wouldnt be allowed today.

So you can still get up next to the perimeter fence at HNL, provided security doesn't stop you?

So I assume a couple of you were "caught" taking photos by HNL security....what'd they do? I'd hope they wouldn't force one to delete their photographs.

Bluewave 707
Topic Author

Wed Dec 31, 2003 10:56 pm

Well, you are on state property once you are a few feet of the perimeter fences. The last time I got stopped, the security guard was on the inside of the fence, passed by me, then turned around. He asked what I was doing, and why? I had to pass my scanner through tthe fence. Then my driver's license. He took the information down, and called it in. They didn't do anything about the camera. Just don't try to test them, not now at code orange.

je89_w
Crew

Thu Jan 01, 2004 6:35 am

Back in November 2001, the first HA B763 was delivered. I decided to go out there to get a quick shot of it . . . just brought my point and shoot camera, nothing fancy. Unfortunately, it was at Elliot Street. A sheriff caught me and took down my info. Did not argue so things went by smoothly. One of the sheriffs said that taking photos of planes are fine, but you're not allowed to photograph the serial number (I think she meant the registration number, since she was pointing the numbers above an AQ B732's cockpit). That is pure baloni.

Never managed to catch the B763 that day.

If security catches you near the perimeter fence with a camera, you're doomed.

Yup. The good ole' days before 9-11. Richard Wood (check some of his shots on A.net) and I would hike there and photograph 08R departures/26L arrivals during the winter months. You would walk from Lagoon Drive, to the end of 08R, and back all the way up to where the plane starts its takeoff roll. Long hike. You would meet other hikers, occasional spotter, bikers, and fishermen. There are some beaches there, and of course, bushes if nature calls. AKAL security didn't have a problem with all those people.

dahawaiian

Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:42 am

There isn't a whole lot of security on the Hawai'i Air Guard side of Hickam from my experience. I used to take photos of warships entering/exiting Pearl Harbor from a small pier on Hickam, but as you can guess, that was before 9/11. If you can get on Hickam, try the Mamala Bay Golf Course. It isn't too expensive to golf there and it should afford you great shots of 4R/22L and 8R/26L. Stay safe and have fun though.

Bluewave 707
Topic Author

Thu Jan 01, 2004 12:08 pm

Once the threat level goes back down to yellow, let's wait and see what the parameters are as far as spotting around HNL. There will be the risk of being stopped by the Sheriff's or Akal. So just be careful.

Smile Happy New Year  Smile

je89_w
Crew

Thu Jan 01, 2004 12:36 pm

Why would they open Lagoon Drive if the threat level is yellow? Surely all sorts of people would enter Lagoon Drive, once it's open. If the sheriffs/AKAL would still stop spotters from what they're doing, why have it open in the first place? Yes the open road can be less of a hassle for workers, but they should expect other people also coming in.

Happy New Year everyone! Big grin  Smile

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos