work4bmi

WWE Wrestlers "near Death" Flight.

Thu Dec 25, 2003 2:22 am

Just been reading WWE's newspage about a recent flight some of the wrestlers and staff were on, inwhich they feared for their lives.

Quote,

"The Superstars’ chartered plane was descending into Petropavlovsk, Russia for a fuel stop when it hit an intense blizzard. “You couldn’t see anything,” said Benoit, who called the flight “hands down” the scariest one he’s ever been on. Gusts of wind were knocking the plane almost completely sideways, and the jet missed the runway three times. At one point, the plane dropped about 150 feet.

"When you’re at 35,000 feet, that’s one thing, because you have room to drop and get knocked around,” Scotty said. “But we were making our landing, getting lower and lower, and bouncing all around the place. I just remember thinking, ‘I know (Ric) Flair’s been in a plane crash, and I know Bradshaw’s been in a plane crash. What are the chances of somebody being in a plane crash twice?"

If you have any further comment(s), photos or info of the aircraft etc... that would be great.

Thanks,
Fly Around The World : Above & Beyond

behramjee

RE: WWE Wrestlers "near Death" Flight.

Thu Dec 25, 2003 3:28 am

This happened in the 1st week of DEC...they normally charter B 757-200s to UK every May and October for their shows.

work4bmi

RE: WWE Wrestlers "near Death" Flight.

Thu Dec 25, 2003 3:28 am

Just read some more info, if interested - read below:

"There is still talk in the Smackdown locker room about the near disasterous plane flight while in Russia during their recent tour. One wrestler was quoted saying there was "a calm peacefulness on the plane. Everyone was so introspective, we were all contemplating the ends of our lives. You could hear a pin drop. That's the closest we've all come t death before actually dying. I was 100% sure I was dead, and in Russia of all places."
Fly Around The World : Above & Beyond