SegmentKing
Topic Author

Need Some Help With A Routing (US Midwest/East)

Fri Dec 26, 2003 12:37 pm

Hey gang.

I made a really really bad decision.

Found out that Midwest was only booked to 30 out of Ft. Lauderdale to Milwaukee the other day and hopped on it, figuring my plethora of passes on USAirways Express, Midwest Express, Frontier, & Spirit would help get me home.

I've spent about 5 or 6 hours looking for routes out of Milwaukee or Chicago back home to Florida, so I'm lookin for some help.

I can get passes on Southwest & Air Tran if needed, but I do have this:

I can fly on: Midwest, Spirit, any MESA AIR GROUP flight, Frontier, and possibly ATA. I have to call Air Tran & Southwest Pass Bureaus for passes on them, same with JetBlue, but it could be done.

Do any of you have any ideas? I was thinking of trying to get to MCO or TPA, then fly to EYW to get some work done, but now I'm just hoping to get near Florida by next Wednesday.

-nate
~ ~ ~ ~ pRoFeSsIoNaL hUrRiCaNe DoDgEr ~ ~ ~ ~

Tiger119

RE: Need Some Help With A Routing (US Midwest/East)

Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:33 pm

Rent a car, drive to MDW, catch a TZ flight to Florida. There's a few there to choose from.
Flying is the second greatest thrill known to mankind, landing is the first!

elwood64151

Fri Dec 26, 2003 4:39 pm

By Wednesday? Good luck. Most airlines will be heavily booked since it is following the Christmas holiday and just before New Year's.

Still, FL will have several flights to FLL via ATL, and WN will also have flights. There's bound to be at least one non-rev seat available.

BTW: Some FL stations like to upgrade OAL non-revs, since they know they could run into you on one of your flights at a later date... I don't know if MKE or MDW do this...
Those who fail to learn history are doomed to repeat it in summer school.

SegmentKing
Topic Author

Sat Dec 27, 2003 1:06 am

Well I know the MDW Air Tran manager, he used to be the mgr in FLL.... so if worse comes to worst, then I can give him a buzz and sit around in his back office all day waiting for an open seat to Atlanta :P

In regards to ATA, all of their flights are not available (meaning less than 5 seats open) till Jan 4th. I need to be back in florida on the 30th.

I did, however, find seats on Midwest Express to DCA, then Spirit has a 4pm flight to FLL I may be able to hop on...

-n
~ ~ ~ ~ pRoFeSsIoNaL hUrRiCaNe DoDgEr ~ ~ ~ ~

VectorVictor

Sat Dec 27, 2003 1:21 am