ont 737

JetBlue #1 In JFK In OCT

Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:01 am

"For the first time, JetBlue has boarded more customers at JFK than any other carrier for the year ending October 2003. We have surpassed American's JFK domestic and international boarding count of 6,743,647 with our Customer count of 6,832,622."

Not bad for an airline less than 4 years old. And for some reason I think this gap is only going to grow bigger in the future.  Smile

DIA

RE: JetBlue #1 In JFK In OCT

Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:07 am

It will increase from this point on. I 've got friends here in Denver that are dedicated Jetblue fliers now. They seem to have gone from ATA to Jetblue all at the same time gaining the feeling they are "bigtime" city folk now mingling with the stars.  Big grin Jetblue seems to have brought back that nostalgic sense of "being associated with an airline" like the Hollywood and Broadway "stars" use to do back in the 40's, 50's and 60's mainly.
Ding! You are now free to keep supporting Frontier.

planemannyc

Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:58 am

Fantastic news, ONT 737! That's an interesting (and funny) note, DIA. This airline is really the best way to go from NYC. I flew Song from JFK on the same route as I had flown on JetBlue. Song does not come close JetBlue. With the new AirTrain connection, it makes it easier to access JetBlue as well, so one more reason why they should have increased traffic. Great news, indeed.

nwcoflyer

Wed Dec 31, 2003 2:37 am

Planemannyc,

I would have to disagree with you. I flew B6 from MCO to JFK onto LGB. I have also flown Song from MCO to LGA, and MCO to LAX. Both of my Song flights far surpassed the JetBlue flights in terms of great service. The ground service at JetBlue was nothing speical. I just don't understand the JetBlue hype. Maybe I should try JetBlue again to see if it will change my opinion of them.
The New American is arriving.

planemannyc

Wed Dec 31, 2003 3:59 am

Nwcoflyer,

When I flew Song, the planes did not have IFE systems installed. We heard the same jokes on the out and inbound flights -- so these jokes were rehearsed and not spontaneous. The F/As seemed tired and completely unmotivated. The ground service at JFK for both are comparable -- lots of self-check-in kiosks, and plenty of check-in counters. The flights on B6 were ontime, and efficiently run. The F/As were courteous and even cheerful, the planes clean and of course the IFE was great.

ual747den

Wed Dec 31, 2003 4:14 am

That is great news for Jet Blue, I like their service its a lot like F9. I just wish someone would go out there and cover the plane in blue paint!

DIA
I dont get the "big time city folk" and "mingling with the stars" thing can you please expalin.
/// UNITED AIRLINES

SunValley

Wed Dec 31, 2003 4:20 am

Interesting that they are #1 at JFK and the bottom of the list at ATL. Oh ya, they got their blue kicked there didn't they.
Anyway I had their jetBlue experience, and it kind of reminded me of an old Kmart blue light special.

rjpieces

Wed Dec 31, 2003 4:26 am

SunValley, they did get their ass kicked there but they had a smart enough management team to cut their losses and pull out. Big deal. I don't know why everyone is making a huge deal out of this. It was a GOOD THING! I'm glad they chose to redeploy their aircraft on more profitable routes.
"Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon"

Dazed767

Wed Dec 31, 2003 4:28 am

Personally I like jetBlue's service better.

Song was OK, no IFE when I flew them 2 months ago from MCO-JFK. I don't like that they charge for snacks (a cookie $2, small thing of chips $2, candy bar $2 etc), when jetBlue gives these away for free.

JBLUA320

Wed Dec 31, 2003 5:02 am

Great news for the Blue!

I flew song once from FLL-JFK and have vowed to never again fly song. The onboard atmosphere was pleasant, the food decent (I dont like to have to pay though!) and the seats relatively comfortable, what ensued pre-flight left me amazed.
Our flight got cancelled from FLL-EWR, the reason being that there was a big storm in the Newark area and the plane could not depart. We took this in stride and was booked onto the next morning's flight. A quick check home to my parents and sister in New Jersey and I realized that there really was a weather situation going on in NJ, so I found the story believable. But to satisfy my own thirst for knowledge, I checked jetBlue's schedule (FLL-JFK), Continental's schedule (FLL-EWR) and Southeast's schedule (FLL-EWR) and found that all of their flights for NYC had departed at most three hours late.
I wrote a letter to song stating my theory that they just did not have either a crew or a plane (or maybe the low load factor of 24) and in their response back, admitted it to me that the flight was cancelled due to lack of an airplane.
They sent me a $50 credit, which is valid on Delta, Delta Connection and song. I will use it on Delta, because song is never getting my business again.

JBLU

DIA

Wed Dec 31, 2003 5:08 am

UAL747DEN: "DIA
I dont get the "big time city folk" and "mingling with the stars" thing can you please expalin.

Sure! Since Jetblue's beginnings, the airline was posed to market itself as a unique airline associating itself with "the in crowd". . .including what their ground crews wear on the ramp! Those rampers are wearing Armani while the other airlines' ground crews wear Old Navy. Big grin In a nutshell, even though they have great pricing etc., the "jetset" crowd and the unfrequent fliers are finding Jetblue just the same. . .rubbing elbows with each other if you will. "Big time city folk" and "mingling with the stars" was just a smug way of speaking about the "glam" crowd. They repeatedly market themselves as a fashionable, but here to stay, airline.

I hope that wasn't too wordy. Anyway, there you have it.

Cheers

Ding! You are now free to keep supporting Frontier.

rjpieces

Wed Dec 31, 2003 5:14 am

JBLUA320....perhaps they didn't have an airplane because it was still at EWR from the storm?
"Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon"

JBLUA320

Wed Dec 31, 2003 5:28 am

I would have thought that possible too, but the airplane was coming from Orlando.

JBLU

LH423

Wed Dec 31, 2003 5:55 am

I saw B6 putting up their signage today at Terminal E in BOS. The start date is rapidly approaching.

LH423
« On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux » Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

AA7573E

Wed Dec 31, 2003 6:07 am

I am confused as to how anyone that lives in Denver can be a loyal B6 flyer. Are you telling me that they will fly all the way to JFK (or BOS after 7 Jan), just to fly to anywhere else on the think B6 route map? What kind of convenience and ease of travel does that offer? I think the only true B6 flyers have to live in New England, otherwise - you have to fly across the country to make a connection in order to get where you are going.

It would make far more sense to assume that LCC flyers in Denver would be F9 fans, or anxiously awaiting the arrival of Ted. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate B6, and am a stock holder in the company. But overblown statements like that just get my attention.

See you up front!

JBLUA320

Wed Dec 31, 2003 6:14 am

Id have to disagree. There are a variety of places for jetBlue "loyalists" to live.

Of course, there is New England, which includes:

ROC Rochester
SYR Syracuse
BUF Buffalo
BTV Burlington
and soon
BOS Boston

However, there is of course, JFK which provides access to nearly all of jetBlue's destinations, BOS and IAD excluded (though not for long). San Juan is also a great place for loyal fliers, because of they are flying to N.E. or the west coast, it is not out of their way to stop in JFK. Of course, flying SJU-FLL is another thing, since jetBlue does not have that route.

FLL is another great place for jetBlue fans, as they have easy access to the northeast (all northeastern destinations) as well as any west coast destination via Long Beach. Quite frankly, any Florida destination is perfect for those travelling northbound. Maybe not the most convenient westbound, though.

Long Beach and Oakland also offer great connections from the west coast for west coast fliers.

Your statement, AA7573E, I find to be unjust, as there are many many places that jetBlue flies to that make it convenient for connections.

JBLU

AA7573E

Wed Dec 31, 2003 6:22 am

JBLUA320

Did you read my post? I said the loyalists live in New England, you rattled off a list of cities that are arguably in New England. Let me clarify for you - the Northeast or anywhere in New York, is a good place to assume to find B6 loyalists. Not DEN or any point west.

Where is the logic in taking a connection at JFK for a DEN PAX to get to a point East that could be served nonstop by F9 out of DEN? Or Ted out of DEN? Or UAL out of DEN?

Do PAX originate in the west for B6? Of course. Is it a stronghold, NO. Would you find more F9 loyalists out west than B6? Of course. That is obvious. As to FLL and San Juan - sure. They are great for B6 if you want to fly to JFK. But lets call a spade a spade. To fly anywhere from FLL or San Juan - you have to expect to make a connection now and again.
See you up front!

JBLUA320

Wed Dec 31, 2003 6:58 am

Again, I disagree. The west IS a very important market for jetBlue and jetBlue has thrived at its LGB HUB(<-- notice the use of the word HUB) ever since it started service, ATL excluded.

F9 and B6 are totally different airlines that serve somewhat comprable markets in different capacities. jetBlue doesnt have the name recognition Frontier has in Denver, but the roles are much reversed in Long Beach/Los Angeles (that said without F9s new LAX move as its hasnt really taken effect yet).

jetBlue doesnt carry nearly as many passengers out of LGB that it does JFK, but if LGB got swept from under their feet, they would be a fish without water.

JBLU

SunValley

Wed Dec 31, 2003 7:07 am

You refer to LGB as a jetBlue hub. That it is not. It is a focus O & D destination. There is very little hub -connecting going on there. It is a destination location whereby jetBlue has no more slots, and even had to relinquish some to other airlines.

JBLUA320

JetBlue #1 In JFK In OCT

Wed Dec 31, 2003 7:22 am

If that is so, apologies.

JBLU

RiverVisualNYC

Wed Dec 31, 2003 7:32 am

Any way you look at it, this is good news for NYC and good news for aviation. I am a lifelong New Yorker and have never flown JetBlue as I have big mileage balances with some other carriers, but I think it's great that for the first time in years NYC has its own airline, not only because of the jobs created here but because as an LCC, JetBlue offers people from around the country an affordable way to get to our exciting but sometimes expensive city!!!!

STT757

Wed Dec 31, 2003 7:50 am

The lead for Jetblue at JFK is only going to grow, however the passenger numbers for both AA and DL are heading in the opposite direction.

DL is stagnate to declining in passenger numbers and flights, while AA has axed almost all Eagle flights and there are no "real" prospects for growth untill the new Terminal is complete between '06 and '08.

When I say "real" I mean year round, I know AA might add Barcelona and Rome to JFK but not on a year round basis.

We shall see about AA's new JFK-Brussels route, this will be what the third or fourth time they have started this route in the last 16 years?..

Jetblue's growth is the reason why JFK this year finally regained the title from EWR for NYC's busiest airport in terms of passengers, EWR experienced a similar "growth spurt" in the Mid-Eighties because of PeoplExpress.

EWR held the title of busiest NYC airport for during the Eighties because of PeoplExpress, then JFK took it back from 1989-1995. However CO's EWR hub helped EWR regain the title which they held for Seven years, this year because of Jetblue JFK regained the title.

I have a feeling the title will go back and forth again during the coming years, It will be interesting to watch.
Eastern Air lines flt # 701, EWR-MCO Boeing 757

RiverVisualNYC

Wed Dec 31, 2003 7:52 am

The Oct report is not yet on the PANYNJ website, but if you look at the data through Sept on JFK/LGA/EWR consolidated traffic, JetBlue passed Delta (which is supposedly the official airline of NYC) for the #3 spot in domestic numbers behind CO and AA!!!!

planemannyc

Wed Dec 31, 2003 7:53 am

And not to mention RiverVisualNYC that JFK is one of the few large airports to record an increase in traffic nationwide. This was attributed to the growth of JetBlue. Yes, JetBlue is still dominant in the east, and has many flights in Florida. Denver is certainly under-utilized, so BOS-DEN is a good thing. I think SLC, SEA, MSY should also be boosted...and from JFK as well otherwise they may get the boot as in ATL (granted MSY and SEA are not hubs, but SLC is Delta territory). LAS now enjoys quite a few flights, and hopefully there will be other points that will connect with LAS. This is an airline that is growing -- quite the opposite of most majors. So yes, they may be weak in some areas now, but soon enough, that will change.

RiverVisualNYC

Wed Dec 31, 2003 8:10 am

Planeman- I think its all good news for us New Yorkers, I work in business travel here in NYC and we have suffered not only because of 9/11 and the economy, but from the continued perception by many Americans that NYC is an overpriced destination where hotels and restaurants are expensive and everyone is out to take advantage of you. JetBlue ties in very nicely to the new, value-oriented image that NYC must adapt to attract visitors.

LHR001

Wed Dec 31, 2003 8:13 am

For all Jet Blue lovers out there.... You have very competitive and much more "civilized" rival at JFK!

Long Live Song

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © William Jenkins

Long Live Song

View Large View Medium

Photo © William Jenkins

Long Live Song

By the way the Song product is of a much higher quality than Jet Blue from personnel to uniforms to service to inflight meal options. The Delta Sky Miles program brings Song miles above Jet Blue! In addition Song customers can easily connect unchalleneged to Delta Airlines International connections at JFK!

Song Routes from JFK-

JFK-LAS
JFK-PBI
JFK-TPA
JFK-MCO
JFK-FLL
JFK-SJU
JFK-ATL

Atlanta, is a destination that Jet Blue was unable to maintain!

In addition Song services mainline airports such as Los Angeles. They do ot serve the alternate and rather distant Long Beach.

Song will be growing more and more in the year 2004. Look for additional frequencies, routes, and destination additions. Rumored destinations for 2004 include San Francisco, Phoenix, Chicago, and Miami!

Dont forget that Song Offers these routes as well-

BOS-LAS
BOS-PBI
BOS-RSW
BOS-TPA

BDL-PBI
BDL-TPA

LGA-TPA
LGA-PBI

MCO-SJU
MCO-IAD
MCO-EWR
MCO-LAX
MCO-LAS
MCO-LGA
MCO-BOS
MCO-BDL

FLL-LGA
FLL-EWR
FLL-LAX
FLL-LAS
FLL-BOS
FLL-BDL

Long Live Song

View Large View Medium

Photo © Art Brett

Long Live Song

View Large View Medium

Photo © Art Brett

Long Live Song

LHR001

JBLUA320

Wed Dec 31, 2003 8:23 am

Thanks for that dose of maturity.

jetBlue has been making steady progress and only great things are in store, especially when those new EMBs come.

A side question.. How will the safety demo be done on the EMB.. recording? I assume there will be two flight attendants.

JBLU

wedgetail737

Wed Dec 31, 2003 8:28 am

DIA:

It's funny that you mention Jetblue is where people feel like they're flying with the stars. I saw an episode of Rich Girls on MTV where Ally Hilfiger and her friend flew Jetblue from JFK to SEA. I guess that makes Jetblue a hip airline.

OAK is my hometown airport (although I live in the midwest now). But I keep track of OAK all the time. I have a lot of respect for Jetblue for making OAK a home with a lot of service.

LHR001

Wed Dec 31, 2003 8:38 am

And Song has fashion designer Kate Spade.... and Spa Cuisine!

LHR001

wedgetail737

Wed Dec 31, 2003 8:43 am

Unfortunately, the midwest doesn't have a whole lot of LCC traffic. Airtran and Southwest conquer the midwest right now, but it's dominated by mainline carriers. The only LCC's I've been flying sort of regularly is Allegiant Air from ICT to LAS. Otherwise, it's AA all the way for me...with an occasional Air Tran.

jcxp15

Wed Dec 31, 2003 8:51 am

One good thing JetBlue has going for them also is that, as Wedgetail737 mentioned, the younger crowd, especially in the NYC area, knows all about them. Every has heard of their IFE, along with leather seats, and cheap fares to places, and has flown them and loved them. This younger crowd will just grow older with JetBlue, unlike Song, which isn't known among most people...

wedgetail737

Wed Dec 31, 2003 8:56 am

I don't know if it works to their advantage or not, but for some people...and I stress "some"...Song is just Delta.

While I've been to OAK, I've observed the croud for Jetblue and they are the young adults, college kids and high school kids. Flying Jetblue is like buying Coach purses and Abercrombie & Fitch clothing. It's just hip to fly them! But Jetblue will ease off with age.

RiverVisualNYC

Wed Dec 31, 2003 9:00 am

For those of you who mentioned the "branding" aspect of JetBlue, let me mention that PeopleExpress was originally a trendy brand as well, they had a new and fresh business idea and the marketing imagery to go with it. But in the end they made some poor management decisions, and they are no longer with us. Just a reminder that while JetBlue has executed very well so far, image isn't everything .

JBLUA320

Wed Dec 31, 2003 9:01 am

While you may see those younger crowds on the western flights, the flights to Florida are always a good mix of that young hip crowds, families traveling to see grandma or go to Disney and of course the inevitable old couple snowbirding south for the winter.

I have not been on a jetBlue flight where I have seen an abundance of that young hip crowd in any more capacity then other types of people, JFK-LGB included. And I have been an many jetBlue flights.

jetBlue is a very versatile airline and can appeal to many different crowds, and while the marketing may make them out to be "young" and "hip" and "cool", I think the kinds of people you see on their flights vary in many different respects, regardless of the plane's origin or destination.

JBLU

LHR001

Wed Dec 31, 2003 9:08 am

JCXP15 stated-

Song, which isn't known among most people

Reply-

Have you seen the articles in the following magazines that herald Song, its image, its growth, and its service?

Conde Nast Traveller
Harpers Bazaar
Town and Country
W

You see something that most fail to recognize is the fact that the Song crowd is very different from the Jet Blue crowd. Song is marketing the wealthy residents of Soho, people that buy designer fashions, and the Hamptons crowd! In addition at the Song store opening in New York City, people flocked to buy merchandise that has been specially designed for the brand. The fashion-istas in New York, and Los Angeles are all over Song! They love it.. Finally a airline that caters to their needs. Song offers the spacious 757 with leather seats, new digital programming, Kate Spade designed crewmember uniforms, Spa Cuisine... and most of all an up-scale approach to low-cost coast to coast flying!

In reference to Meals-

Breakfast-

Honey Wheat Deli Bagel $3: Available with jam and, of course, cream cheese

Stonyfield Farms Yogurt and Natursource Granola $3: Mountain Crunch Granola and yogurt

Breakfast Sandwich $6: Turkey on whole wheat croissant with cream cheese and mango jam

Lunch and Dinner-

Niman Ranch Roast Beef Fajita Wrap $8: Roast beef with grilled red pepper, organic romaine, sautéed onions, cilantro and organic cheddar cheese. Served in a jalapeno flat bread with a hint of salsa and cumin scented sour cream.

Asian Chicken Salad $7: Ginger marinated sliced chicken breast, romaine, Napa cabbage, shredded carrots, water chestnuts and mandarin oranges. Served with a sesame ginger vinaigrette.

Snacks-

Fruit and Cheese Snack $4: Triangle cut domestic cheddar and Swiss cheese wedges, with red seedless grapes and hearty crackers

Odwalla Super Protein™ Bar $3
Lunchables $3: Meat, cheese, and crackers
Pringles $2: Originals
Mrs. Field's $2: Chocolate chip cookies
Snickers $2: by M&M/Mars
Skittles $2: by M&M/Mars
Natursource $2: Unwind Trail Mix

LHR001

JAL777

Wed Dec 31, 2003 9:15 am

You see something that most fail to recognize is the fact that the Song crowd is very different from the Jet Blue crowd. Song is marketing the wealthy residents of Soho, people that buy designer fashions, and the Hamptons crowd!

You mean the ones who fly full fare first class tickets? So basically Delta is taking them off their mainline full fare flights and putting them on cheap lo-co flights. Smart!

jetbluefan1

Wed Dec 31, 2003 9:23 am

Lhr001, I have some disagreements with you on your theory about Song and JetBlue.

"For all Jet Blue lovers out there.... You have very competitive and much more "civilized" rival at JFK!"

Competitive? JetBlue is adding a 5th flight from JFK-LAS - a route JetBlue directly competes on with Song. ALSO, JetBlue operates 17 flights JFK-FLL during the busy holiday travel season. Song kept its capacity at 5 flights. So who's going to get more business? Song or JetBlue? Also, JetBlue added flights to MCO, PBI and TPA. Song did nothing.

"By the way the Song product is of a much higher quality than Jet Blue from personnel to uniforms to service to inflight meal options. The Delta Sky Miles program brings Song miles above Jet Blue! In addition Song customers can easily connect unchalleneged to Delta Airlines International connections at JFK!"

Sorry, but JetBlue's personnel is definitely better than Song. Song had the most unprofessional and rudest workers at LaGuardia. JetBlue has award-winning customer service. I haven't seen Song or Delta get any awards for that matter.

Also, JetBlue's uniforms are much more hip and attractive than Song's. I assume that you didn't know this: Song wanted JetBlue's uniform manufacturer to design and produce uniforms for them. However, JetBlue's uniform maker refused to do so. So why would Song ask JetBlue's producers for something along the same lines if they are not the highest quality? Hmmm?

JetBlue's female flight attendants wear a blue scarf which really adds some type of formality yet poshness to the flight attendant look. When not wearing that, they wear a blue button-down blouse which is great for the work atmosphere, yet professional and good looking. So if JetBlue's flight attendants have uniforms that are lower quality than Song's, then how come everyone turns their head and watches as the JetBlue flight attendants enter? I've never seen so many heads turn...

JetBlue's international connections are fairly simple. Just jump on the JFK terminal shuttle, and it'll take you to the Delta terminal for connections. Sure, it's not as convenient as Song's connections, but it's not horrid. Also remember that international flights also operate out of T1, T4, T7 (right next to the JetBlue terminal), and T8-T9. Song customers only get an advantage if taking Delta international, Alitalia, Korean Air, AeroMexico, or Czech. Air France doesn't even operate out of the Delta terminal from what I saw...

"Atlanta, is a destination that Jet Blue was unable to maintain!"

JetBlue was indeed able to maintain Atlanta if they wanted. However, as a growing airline, non-profitable routes shouldn't have to hold them back. Also, JetBlue has a limit on slots out of LGB and has limited aircraft amounts. So why use up those precious slots and airplanes on flights that don't make money? I'm sure JetBlue will enter Atlanta once again and do a much better job. Don't forget that JetBlue didn't have any connecting flights to feed passengers through Atlanta as a connection center.

"In addition Song services mainline airports such as Los Angeles. They do ot serve the alternate and rather distant Long Beach."

Song serves LAX because Delta has slots there. Why would JetBlue fly into LAX? To make it more crowded? LGB is only 22 miles from LAX, has much less traffic, and is a much easier and convenient airport to fly into. You can go there an hour prior to departure and have time to spare in the terminal. At LAX, you need well over an hour.

If you look at the facts, JetBlue is definitely a better alternative to Song. My experience on Song was horrible and I'll never fly on them again. JetBlue has every capability to squash Song.

jetbluefan1

Wed Dec 31, 2003 9:44 am

One more thing. How is Song more "civilized"? Song is the airline that started selling tickets a day late, and Song is the airline that missed its deadline to start installing the IFE.

JetBluefan1

rjpieces

Wed Dec 31, 2003 9:49 am

JetBlueFan1, Alitalia and Korean Air (as well as Air France) operate from Terminal 1, not Delta's terminal.

jetbluefan1

Wed Dec 31, 2003 9:53 am

"JetBlueFan1, Alitalia and Korean Air (as well as Air France) operate from Terminal 1, not Delta's terminal"

Thanks for that  Smile/happy/getting dizzy I flew VA in 2000 from T1 and I only saw Air France. Therefore, I assumed that was the only SkyTeam member operating out of the terminal and then all the others would operate out of T2 or T3.

JetBluefan1

jcxp15

Wed Dec 31, 2003 10:20 am

LHR001 just has a personal "vendetta" against B6, like a lot of people on these boards, who feel like they own an airline and are a major part of it.. If you look at his profile you'll find "Only Interested in Full-Service Airlines.... No Time for the little LCC's"...

Obviously he's going to pull behind Song, as it is Delta's attempt to survive and compete. The points he makes are really not valid (i.e. If Song is catered to the rich people, why is it Hilfiger's kid is taking JetBlue to SEA, and not some "full service" airline in first class?). He lives in LAS, and probably has no understanding of the "Hamptons" crowd, or the rich people that live in NYC. I do, and most really really wealthy people are flying First on a mainline carrier. The others surprisingly still look for good deals, and are very familiar with JetBlue, where as Song is just known as a trendy "Delta"... That's the way I've heard it, from a NYC perspective.

If Song thinks that by catering to the "rich" people they're going to stay in business,they better think again. Travel nowadays is so cheap, everyone is flying, and people are looking for the best deals. Song has catered to everyone, (unlike you seem to think) i.e. the same crowd JetBlue has, and Song is no different from B6, in fact, it to me seems like a lesser product (charging for snacks, not as many TV channels), kind of like a "knock-off" JetBlue. The only thing about Song that makes it better than B6 is it's FF program, in that you can use the miles towards Delta flights. Delta obviously serves many many more cities than B6 does, but once B6 starts serving many of the same cities Delta does, B6's FF program will be almost as good.

I've personally never flown Song, and am looking for an opportunity to, but they don't fly to the places where I usually go, but I don't hold a personal vendetta against them. I'm interested to see what product they offer, but to they seem "a day late and a buck short". I've flown B6 quite a few times, and have found the whole B6 staff to be excellent. Not only at the airports, where they were really friendly and courteous, and seemed to love their jobs, but also in flight etc.. where they would crack jokes etc..
From what I've heard Song FA's are just like Delta's (I don't even know, but they may be Ex-DL FA's), in which many of them act like they hate their job. Again I haven't flown them, so I can't say anything about what it is really like. I look forward to flying them soon!

jetbluefan1

Wed Dec 31, 2003 10:23 am

I also saw the episode where Ally and Jamie went to SEA. I was actually surprised that they chose J6 - well that shows you what the rich think of JetBlue, eh? Their other choices were DL and AA I believe. In another episode, it shows them flying into LAX.

JetBluefan1

rjpieces

Wed Dec 31, 2003 10:33 am

JCXp15, what school do you go to in NYC?

STT757

Wed Dec 31, 2003 11:01 am

The real NYC Elite fly G-Vs out of Teterboro and Westchester, not "commercial".
Eastern Air lines flt # 701, EWR-MCO Boeing 757

JBLUA320

Wed Dec 31, 2003 11:14 am

Just a little thing, jetbluefan1... its B6 not J6  Big grin

JBLU

rjpieces

Wed Dec 31, 2003 11:24 am

hahahah I looked up J6 and it had two results...One airline operating in Russia and another operating small routes in Alaska and I was wondering what that meant.

SunValley

Wed Dec 31, 2003 11:26 am

It will be ineteresting to see what B6 does when Branson starts his US operation with that "hip" B6 crowd. Do you suppose you will be able to buy a B6 ticket at Virgin Records? & do you think Branson will place
"Chase the Blues Away" Virgin Soda on all his flights? And, what do you suppose the tag line will be on the side of Bransons jets? Any guess as to what kind of discounts you will get inside every CD or DVD or Video Game you buy at Virgin?

OttoPylit

Wed Dec 31, 2003 11:54 am

Let me just say that I just walked in from a trip of testing both Jetblue and Song and Song ups Jetblue in my opinion by a longshot. I bought my ticket from Jetblue out of MCO and on Song for the return. The Jetblue flight was okay, but we were delayed a half hour because bags were still being loaded and being in the early morning, all I got was the M&M's to eat. After all that sugar, I was bouncing off the walls in NY. The flightcrew looked about as sleepy as I was while walking on. The jokes were lame and Southwest-like, although the service through the cabin was speedy. Overall, I would give them a 6.

On the return, my Song stars must have been lined up right, because I got one of the newly fitted planes with the IFE. That IFE beats B6 by all means. Almost all of the channels had something interesting on them, although B6 didnt try. Have to give them credit for that. The games on the Song planes were also very fun to try. Some classic games that you never get tired of as well as some new ones to learn. I was hungry on the return flight and bought the Niman Ranch Fajita Beef Wrap. Wow. Lets just say I didn't finish it. The staff was about as friendly as the Jetblue, minus the lame jokes. My crew was actually quite professional, yet laidback, not corny like Southwest. So I really don't see the comparison of flightcrew attitudes on here. Their uniforms looked good, about as comparable as Jetblue's. I don't know if they are using Kate Spade yet for their uniform provider, but if not, these uniforms look just fine to me. Overall, I give them an 8.5.
I don't have a microwave, but I do have a clock that occasionally cooks shit.

ShortsFA

Wed Dec 31, 2003 12:04 pm

Talk about some uptight f/a's on JetBlue. Pissed off at me for not wearing my employee ID

jetbluefan1

Wed Dec 31, 2003 12:09 pm

"Talk about some uptight f/a's on JetBlue. Pissed off at me for not wearing my employee ID"

How could they be pissed off at you if you live in Pittsburgh? B6 doesn't even fly into PIT!!

JetBluefan1