Delta (mainline) - operates 737's, 757's, 767's, 777's, MD
-80's, and MD
Delta Connection - regional subsidiary. There are five Delta Connection carriers:
- Atlantic Southeast Airlines (ASA) - wholly-owned by Delta Air Lines, Inc., and flies CRJ's and ATR-72's. Most flying is out of ATL
- Comair - wholly-owned by Delta Air Lines, Inc., and flies CRJ's primarily out of CVG
- Atlantic Coast Airlines (ACA
) - under contract with Delta, flies Dornier 328JET's primarily out of BOS
- SkyWest - also under contract with Delta, flying CRJ's and EMB-120 Brasilia's. Most flying is out of SLC
, and somewhat DFW
- Chautauqua - under contract with Delta, flying ERJ-135's and ERJ-145's. Flies various places, including out of DFW
, various destinations from CMH
, and intra-Florida flying.
Song - Delta's low-cost carrier, primarily intended to compete with jetBlue. Flies one-class 757's mostly on Northeast-Florida routes, along with others.
Delta Express - Delta's now-dismantled low-cost carrier. Delta Express no longer flies, but used to fly between Florida and various Midwest and Northeast U.S. cities using one-class 737-200's.
Delta Shuttle - Business-geared shuttle (hourly) service using one-class 737-300's between BOS
and between LGA
Hope that clears it up a little.
[Edited 2003-12-31 01:04:42]