northwestair

Any New News On XJ Pilot Contracts

Wed Dec 31, 2003 12:19 pm

Has anybody heard any new news on the XJ Pilots Contracts? I've asked my Boss in OKC, but he just gives the I don't know anything spill
I don't care who you fly just as long as you fly

siuust

RE: Any New News On XJ Pilot Contracts

Wed Dec 31, 2003 2:26 pm

I know they are still in their thirty day cooling off period which is set to expire on the 9th or 10th of Jan (sorry can't remember exactly).

We got the new schedule for the regional ramp today at ASIG, and it does not bode well, the 5:30pm push (the big one of the afternoon shift) has gone from 28 A/C down to 11, all Pinnacle flights. This would only take affect if the pilots and Mesaba cound not settle their diffrences by the deadline, and of course we would also be comming off of the holiday season schedule too.

MSPXJGuy

Wed Dec 31, 2003 3:25 pm

From what i've read and heard contract talks are supposed to start again January 5th. The first day they could strike is the 10th of January. I got my furlough papers and if they do go on strike the 11th I will be out of a job until further notice. Other than that I don't know much.

azjubilee

Thu Jan 01, 2004 3:34 am

We're in the cooling off period. MSPXJ is right... "super mediation" starts on Jan 5th with the strike deadline of Jan 10th at midnight (that would be 11pm Jan 9, central time). It took 2.5 years to hammer out about half the contract and 5 days are left to hammer out the other half. Hmmm... you do the math.
Here's a link to a website to give more info to the public. Info that isn't given in press releases or articles written in the paper.

http://mesabapilots.alpa.org/

AZJ

PSU.DTW.SCE

Thu Jan 01, 2004 3:51 am

Yep, nothing too much has developed over the holidays........

Right now its still business as usual. We don't get hit too bad if the strike occurs since we still handle Comair flights, and the one Pinnacle flight. It just means our hours get cut.

What still concerns me is the lack of awareness by most passengers. If this strike does happen, there are going to be a rude awakening for many passengers that haven't been informed. The story just broke in the Detroit News yesterday with a small little article in the Business section. The media back in State College hasn't even covered the story yet.

In the mean time, have a good New Years and kick back a few....

KaiGywer
Crew

Thu Jan 01, 2004 6:14 am

MSPXJGuy, yeah, I was called into the Sups' office the other day to be involuntarily furloughed. Nice way to start in a new job, as I was part of the December training class  Smile Oh well, I have another source of income too, so I'll just work more there, and then come back when the pilots are done whining.

Kai/C-ramp and Bags
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, an