uvalencia

Aeromexico Flight Not Allowed In US Airspace

Sat Jan 03, 2004 11:45 am

Here are some excerpts from "La cronica" newspaper published today (January 2nd 2004) in Mexico City:

"Because it was considered that the passenger check in procedures were not compliant with the TSA an Aeromexico airplane that departed on December 31 and was already enroute from Mexico City bound to Los Angeles was forced to return to Mexico City"

Aeromexico spokesman said that the flight 490 was cancelled due to the fact that the United States informed that landing of flight 490 was not going to be allowed because security norms were not properly enforced.

Last night the US embassy in Mexico informed that based on intelligence reports it was on the best interests of both the Mexican and the US governments to cancel flight 490 on December 31st 2003 and January 1st 2004.

In the meantime Aeromexico employees said that neither US or Mexican authorities gave any details regarding the return of the aircraft other than the cancellation of the flight was ordered due to a deficient passenger security check.

The New York times informed yesterday that a TSA inspector based in Mexico requested the return of the aircraft because he considered that the check in procedure had been deficient." End of Quote

Well it seems that Aeromexico had an unpleasant experience, does anybody else know what is going on? I heard over the news that armed personnel would be traveling on Mexican airplanes? Is this true? Or even legal? Are they US or Mexican Agents?

scottysair

RE: Aeromexico Flight Not Allowed In US Airspace

Sat Jan 03, 2004 12:04 pm

What's happening with AM flight did not run to LAX flight either and can you think about this one for them.

Venezuela747

RE: Aeromexico Flight Not Allowed In US Airspace

Sat Jan 03, 2004 2:39 pm

I just want to know how much $$$ is this costing the airlines (AM, BA, AF) Because it is not their fault. Is the FBI/US giving them any compensation ????I suppose not
ROLL TIDE!!!