Topic Author

United at JFK

Sun Jan 03, 1999 9:46 am

Hi everyone-

I was just wondering if anyone had information about the future plans of UA in JFK. Currently their operations are split between two terminals : The old TWA domestic terminal (for flights to SFO and JFK) and the British Airways terminal (for all other flights). Are there any plans to consolidate operations in a single terminal? It's obviously not very convenient to split up operations.

I think someone should tear down the hideous TWA domestic terminal and build something nice...UA and LH and RG and other star members could then move in.

RE:United at JFK

Sun Jan 03, 1999 10:01 am

The entire JFK configuration is is terrible!! I think they should expand the airports eastern end and build a conventional terminal for domestic flights and use the current structures at the center of the airport fot international. I don't kjnow if they are but I hope united does consolidate because so many "United" flights out of NY require connections in Washington.

RE: United at JFK

Sun Jan 03, 1999 8:09 pm

Unfortunately, there is no talk of a new terminal or even overhauling the existing terminals.
While we have a substantial presense at JFK for west coast ops, our international (european) ops are small compared to the other carriers.
Most of our Aisian ops operate through the west coast
when departing from NY except for our famous JFK Tokyo service and our European routes are few.
We code share with LH to cover europe in a bigger way while still allowing our flyers to collect UA mileage and benefits such as, up-grades and early boarding.