Topic Author

Alternatives To Meigs

Tue Jan 06, 2004 8:38 am

Going along with the topic of The Status of Meigs, I'm asking about alternatives to Meigs. I don't think that there would be any argument that Meigs was one of the most beautiful airports in the country, lucky for me it was only a short distance from LOT, my home airport. Unfortunately now CGX is nothing more than a bed of rocks. So, what other airports are worth flying into for the scenery?
Right rudder....Right rudder...Come on, more right rudder....Right rudder......Aw forget it, I quit!!

RE: Alternatives To Meigs

Tue Jan 06, 2004 8:41 am

either stick with FS2002 or fly into ORD, Midway, Schaumburg, or the smaller stuff close to Chicago...
sad to see it gone...I loved standing there, watching the skyline...during the days back then in US my love for aviation and aircrafts broke out...and I will return to Chicago for some years pretty soon...that's the happy part of the story...
Putana da Seatbeltz!

RE: Alternatives To Meigs

Tue Jan 06, 2004 9:24 am

There are plenty of options besides Meigs to fly into Chicago. One thing about Meigs is that we have to remember it was a tiny airport with only private airplanes flying into it. Depending where someone wants to visit in Chicago they can fly into Palwaukee, Schaumburg, ORD, MDW, Gary, Dupage, or Aurora. There are small airports all over the plane so losing Meigs just isnt a big deal. I for one look forward to the new park they are building and I think it will work well with the lakeshore reclamation project they have done along with the Soldier field rebuilding.