AirGAbon

What Is The Best Pacific Islands Airline?

Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:06 am

What is the best airline of the paradise islands of the Pacific Ocean (best service, crew, comfort, punctuality, network, food...) ?

Is it Air Pacific (Fiji), Air Tahiti Nui (Fr.Polynesia), Polynesian (Samoa), Hawaiian, Continental Micronesia (Guam) or Air Calin (New Caledonia)?

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Michael Carter

View Large View Medium

Photo © Jerry Search

View Large View Medium

Photo © Jason Whitebird

View Large View Medium

Photo © Jason Whitebird

View Large View Medium

Photo © Frank C. Duarte Jr.

View Large View Medium

Photo © Jason Whitebird

CO737800

RE: What Is The Best Pacific Islands Airline?

Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:08 am

I went on Air Tahiti Nui once and it was GREAT and as you can see from my name I love CO too

neednewairport

Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:48 am

I have flown Air Tahiti Nui, Hawaiian, Continential and Air France. The others I do not know, but here is my rating of the four I have flown:

1. Air Tahiti Nui - great service, great planes (even if they climb out a bit slow).

2. Hawaiian - I miss the DC10's and wonder how much longer they will be around but plane and service was typical US airline. However, I loved the fact they started every announcement with Aloha and Maholo

3. Air France - a little dirty but good service, wish I could still smoke on their flights.

4. Continential - typical US airline. Decent service, decent planes, do not expect much and you will not be disappointed.

killerbabe

Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:53 am

I did travel with Aloha and that was great,although the flight were short. They were on time and their flight-attendents are great,beautiful and helpful.
Only draw-back are their planes, the old workhorse 737-200B

Motorhussy

Wed Jan 07, 2004 6:56 am

I've flown Polynesian only, but a number of times, among the selection you proffer. They've always been great in terms of service and now have new equipment too (738's), which is even better.

Down side - getting stuck next to an ageing and overweight Samoan gentleman returning home for a holiday. Samoans are now the biggest people in the world, but it's amazingly hard to find obese people in Samoa itself! Must be the easy western diet and lifestyle.

Overall I'd highly recommend both Polynesian and a holiday to Samoa - not just a drop and flop destination, plenty to do and see as well as an ancient and proud culture.

And, looking forward to flying Air Tahiti Nui and Air Calin as well as a holiday in their respective countries. Also, looking forward to flying Air Vanuatu and visiting their home too.

MH
come visit the south pacific

airzim

Wed Jan 07, 2004 6:58 am

You forgot one, and my vote for the best.

AIR NEW ZEALAND

777ER
Crew

Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:12 pm

When I went to Fiji on their 747 that was en-route to LAX. The service was awesome, airplane was very nice and very comfy manly because of their very generous leg room (more leg room then their competitiors). Food was very nice. The crew was very good with the young ones and were very good with a couple of elderly people (let them board before the rest of the Pacific class (Economy class) passengers. To me the Cabin had a real Pacific feel. The crew even keeped the young one quiet and entertained. The Flight Crew even gave the couple of Elderly people priorty to disembark at Fiji. The return flight two weeks later on the B767-300ER was just the same as the flight to Fiji. I would strongly recommend Air New Zealand to any one who was considering flying to where Air NZ flys to and find out just how wonderful Air New Zealand is Smile

Air New Zealand - Airline to Middle Earth
Air New Zealand - The World's Warmest Welcome

Do try the Air New Zealand Experience