Shawn Patrick
Topic Author

Will UA Bring Back 777s On DEN-EWR?

Wed Jan 07, 2004 4:05 pm

UA used to have a daily 777 flight from DEN to EWR, but the 777 has been removed from the route for quite a while now, and the schedules show no 777s indefinetly. I'm wondering if/when we could expect the plane on this route again? I hope it comes back... that route is usually the only time I get to fly on that wonderful plane and airline  Smile

Thanks
Shawn

Trvlr

RE: Will UA Bring Back 777s On DEN-EWR?

Wed Jan 07, 2004 4:12 pm

I'm pretty certain 777s existed on DEN-EWR because of the now-dormant EWR-LHR route. United's EWR-LHR flight actually began and terminated at DEN; the reason for this was to create a direct routing from DEN to LHR (UA does not and cannot fly DEN-LHR nonstop). A similar situation occurs with United's SEA-Tokyo Narita flight--UA flies the same aircraft on DEN-SEA first in order to make a direct connection from DEN to NRT.

Chances are, you will not see 777s on DEN-EWR unless UA reinstates EWR-LHR.

Aaron G.

DIA

Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:25 am

"A similar situation occurs with United's SEA-Tokyo Narita flight--UA flies the same aircraft on DEN-SEA first in order to make a direct connection from DEN to NRT."

Actually, the DEN to SEA flight is now an A320. . .indefinately, but with the same flight number, it switches to a 777 in SEA. Now, on the return trip, SEA-DEN, it is a 777. . .indefinately.

DEN-EWR will probably not get the 777 back Shawn. I remember flying DEN-EWR-DEN on a DC-10. Some days are just not meant to return! Oh well.

Ding! You are now free to keep supporting Frontier.

Shawn Patrick
Topic Author

Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:27 am

Oh, the sadness. I didn't even know about SEA... well, at least we're getting some 744s now...

DIA

Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:46 am

". . .well, at least we're getting some 744s now..."

I was thinking about injecting that same thought into my post. . .but I guessed you already knew of those beauties! Hey, you give a little, and sometimes gain a lot in return.
Ding! You are now free to keep supporting Frontier.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos