Whiteguy
Topic Author

Jetsgo Baggage

Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:32 am

Whats going on with baggage on Jetsgo. The last two nights I've worked an AC flight from YYZ and there have been 2 cargo cans full of Jetsgo baggage. Are they bulking out on their flights, weight restricted or just missing connections to YYC?

CanadaEH

RE: Jetsgo Baggage

Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:38 am

I believe there are weight restrictions in place on the longer haul flights. We've been getting a large amount on Westjet as well.
EH.

Goose

Thu Jan 08, 2004 4:00 am

http://www.airliners.net/discussions/general_aviation/read.main/1236690/6/

JetsGo should probably consider doing tech-stops or operating a mid-point base in YWG or something, because doubtless they're going to upset their customers with the amount of bags they've been bumping off flights.

It doesn't help that they're paying their competitors like WestJet up to $50 a pop to carry them around the country....
"Talk to me, Goose..."

captaingomes

Thu Jan 08, 2004 4:15 am

wow, that's a lot of dough! I think they better hurry and get those MD-90's they're looking at so they don't have to weight restrict their flights so much.
"it's kind of like an Airbus, it's an engineering marvel, but there's no sense of passion" -- J. Clarkson re: Coxster

canuckpaxguy

Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:57 pm

Wow..I'm surprised this became a thread! A friend's neighbour was telling me about her Jetsgo horror story (YYZ-YYC). She and three girlfriends planned a trip to Banff for New Year's. They were delayed on takeoff because the aircraft was "imbalanced" because of the way the luggage was loaded according to an F/A.

Well, they lost HALF their luggage. Some bags came, while others didn't. Jetsgo just kept telling them to come back the next day to claim their baggage. (Come back to Calgary everyday from Banff????).

Long-story-short --- Their five day trip was reduced to 4 days and they never made it to Banff at all. They stayed in Calgary waiting for their bags because Jetsgo said they couldn't guarantee their luggage would be back on time....and that since there were so many people missing luggage, they weren't able to send it to Banff for them.

So, on their way home, they told the airline to just leave the bags in Toronto...Jetsgo said no, as they had chartered flights just for luggage.

They lost their reservations in Banff and had to pay for a hotel in Calgary. My friend tells me that Jetsgo was in no way apologetic. The infuriating part, she tells me, was that everyone gave them a different story. It seemed as though the Jetsgo staff were just "making up" answers to quell the complaints.

That's really too bad...I was looking forward to trying out this airline next month.

What's going on here? Can anyone explain?

Happy New Year.
G

mel

Thu Jan 08, 2004 1:27 pm

Jetsgo has already been making several tech stops in Winnipeg over the last few days. Upwards of 3 extra aircraft flying westbound stop in Winnipeg each day (the Toronto-Vancouver, Toronto-Calgary, and Toronto-Edmonton flights).
NO URLS in signature

CanadianNorth

Thu Jan 08, 2004 1:41 pm

Well i was under the impression that Jetsgo was not that bad n airline, Now i think its safe to say that we shall be taking our AC passes as ussual over Jetsgo if we are ever down that part of the country...

CanadianNorth
What could possibly go wrong?

JetChaser

Thu Jan 08, 2004 1:46 pm

Let me get this straight: A Human is $20.04 and a bag is $50! Somethings wrong there Big grin

captaingomes

Fri Jan 09, 2004 2:10 am

JetChaser, if they run out of money, they'll hire new pilots. That always increases the cash flow.  Big grin Just hiring 10 pilots will give Leblanc $300,000!  Big thumbs up
"it's kind of like an Airbus, it's an engineering marvel, but there's no sense of passion" -- J. Clarkson re: Coxster

gmonney

Jetsgo Baggage

Fri Jan 09, 2004 2:15 am

Well I just flew on jetsgo and i seem to be home ok...lucky it was just down to orlando...the best comparison was "its like riding in the back seat of a car". Nothing fancy, but i wouldn't want to sit in the back seat for more than 2 hours

Grant
Drive it like you stole it!