BrusselsSouth
Topic Author

SN Brussels And Iberia Seat Pitch

Thu Jan 08, 2004 5:16 pm

Hi all,

Yesterday I booked flights from BRU to TFS on SN Brussels Airlines and Iberia (for my honeymoon !). I'm due to travel at the beginning of June, 2004.

I found a good deal on Iberia.com (belgian part of the site), even better than the fares of some charter airlines. The schedule says I'll be flying SNBA's ARJ-85 on the BRU-MAD leg, and Iberia's 757 on all other legs.

I've made a search on the A.net database in order to find cabin pics of those aircrafts, but I haven't found enough photos to satisfy my curiosity.

So, my questions are :

- What's the seat pitch (economy) on SNBA's Avros, and on Iberia's 757s ?
- Are all seats of SNBA's avros (including Y-class) in leather ?
- Can anyone having flown one of those a/c (or both) give impressions ?

Thanks in advance for your replies !
BrusselsSouth (soon to be 'just married'...)

Sabena 690

RE: SN Brussels And Iberia Seat Pitch

Thu Jan 08, 2004 5:22 pm

You would better have flown to TFN, IB uses A340's (including their A346) and 747's on that route!

x SN ARJ: being 1m93, I have had only comfortable rides on that plane. Pitch is 31-32 inch

x IB: from what I heard, people feel slightly more cramped in them, but I heard this about BA too (although I am comfortable in those planes with my length)

x A pitty you don't fly SN back to BRU, their service is better than IB!

And a big big congratulations with your marriage, I wish you all the luck you will need!  Big thumbs up  Big thumbs up

Frederic

BrusselsSouth
Topic Author

Thu Jan 08, 2004 5:46 pm

Hi Frederic,

Big thanks for your quick reply ! Don't know why, I knew you'd be the first to answer  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

I know very well that I could have flown to TFN and have a ride on an A340, but for some reason, the booking engine gave me higher prices on this route (although the single flights MAD-TFN and MAD-TFS are evenly priced).

For the MAD-BRU leg, I had no choice other than flying IB, as it's the evening flight and I couldn't take an earlier flight.

Do you know if the seats on SNBA's Avros are all-leather ?

Regards
BrusselsSouth

Sabena 690

Thu Jan 08, 2004 8:46 pm

Hi BrusselsSouth,

Yep, SN seats are leather! IB seats not as far as I know.

x SN A319:

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Bart Noëth

x SN ARJ:

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Frederic Backaert

Only the A333's of SN have no leather seats as far as I know.

Cheapest fare to TCI is currently KL at about €255 + tax in L-class. IB is at €259 in V-class, but with much lower airport taxes (so in the end it's cheaper).

I would like to look up the availability for you in IB V-class but www.airtravel.tk is currently down again  Sad

Regards
Frederic

BrusselsSouth
Topic Author

Thu Jan 08, 2004 9:38 pm

Thanks Frederic,

I would prefer you don't look up for availability for me, as I already booked my flights, and wouldn't like to see what I missed... OK just kidding here  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

The IB fare you mention is indeed the one I paid.

The only (slightly, EUR 30 or so) cheaper solution I found was to fly BRU-MAD with TV, then fly IB MAD-TFS then FUE-MAD (as I spend my last 6 days in Fuerteventura), and MAD-BRU with either SN or IB, but I didn't like the schedules.

Anyway, thanks for your replies, and also for your photo of this SN ARJ !

Regards
BrusselsSouth

IBERIA747

Thu Jan 08, 2004 9:44 pm

As far as I know, seat pitch in every IB aircraft is 32 inches for economy class. That´s a good standard measure and it´s even better than some airlines seat pitch.

The problem seems to be that IB´s seats have very thick seatbacks, so it reduces your legroom...

Anyway, maybe I´m not a tall person (I´m only 1,79m) but I´ve never felt uncomfortable in those seats, at least not more uncomfortable than I have been in other airlines.

The most cramped seats I´ve experienced were on Economy Class onboard KLM´s 747-400 PH-BFN and PH-BFL about 4 years ago, and the most comfortable seats I´ve had also in economy have been onboard Delta´s 767-300s in the MAD-ATL-MAD flights...IB would be between them...

Anyway, enjoy your flights with Iberia!!
¡¡VIVA ESPAÑA!!