CitationX
Topic Author

Latest On Virgin USA's Progress

Sat Jan 10, 2004 2:58 am

http://www.aviationnow.com/avnow/news/channel_aviationdaily_story.jsp?id=news/car01094.xml

"Hey Richard! US Airways has some good, "like new" hubs (PIT, CLT & PHL) on the market for ya! And don't forget AA's "fire sale" on gate space at STL!"

Aloha717200

RE: Latest On Virgin USA's Progress

Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:04 am

I'll lay money on BOS.

toltommy

Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:26 am

From the linked article:

"Fed up with waiting for the U.S. to liberalize foreign ownership rules, Branson last year decided to move ahead with a U.S. domestic carrier within the existing restrictions. Executives were mum yesterday on how the carrier plans to skirt the rules. He told The DAILY, however, that he is in discussions with "an existing player about carving out a chunk of their slots of their airline." He said he should know in a month if that plan will go ahead, and if not, "we'll start it from scratch."

Carving a chunk of their slots out of an existing airline? Is BOS the only city of the 3 that is slot controlled? Could it be that US Airways leaked the story about selling assets because they are not happy about the price Branson is offering? Maybe a little publicity will generate interest and drive the price up?

luv2fly

Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:30 am

Toltoomy that makes the most sense so far. And knowing the love hate relationship between AA and VS I could see AA going after this now, more than I could before you suggested this.
You can cut the irony with a knife

ConcordeBoy

Sat Jan 10, 2004 4:51 am

the love hate relationship between AA and VS

huh?!  Confused
Faire du ciel le plus bel endroit de la terre c'est impossible sans Concorde!

funflyer

Sat Jan 10, 2004 6:05 am

Please BOS Please BOS Please BOS Please BOS Please BOS Please BOS Please BOS Please BOS Please BOS Please BOS Please BOS Please BOS Please BOS Please BOS Please BOS Please BOS Please BOS Please BOS Please BOS Please BOS Please BOS Please BOS Please BOS Please BOS Please BOS Please BOS Please BOS Please BOSPlease BOS Please BOS Please BOS Please BOS Please BOS Please BOS Please BOS Please BOS Please BOS Please BOS Please BOS Please BOSPlease BOS Please BOSPlease BOS Please BOS

(With my fingers crossed) Smile
Who cares about status?