ua777222

Where To Find ATC Recordings

Sat Jan 10, 2004 9:24 am

Hi guys I was wondering where I would be able to download ATC and other aircraft recordings to listen to other than disasters. Im about 35/40 miles from SFO and the only thing that I can pick up is Oakland center if I'm lucky due to the fact that I live just behind the Berkeley hills. I don't care too much about what date it was posted, it's just that flying with my ppl and listening to the ATC is just sooooo interesting. I wanted to show my kid and tell him what things mean but when in control its kind of hard to stop in mid-air and say "oh son that means winds are at 5kts to the west" and what different call sighs are. He's always asking "What's our name! What's our name!" I've managed to get my mp3 to record while flying with a jack through my headset but only for about 5 seconds. If anyone could give me a heads up on where to get some recordings that'd be great!

Thanks

UA777222
"It wasn't raining when Noah built the ark."

Thenoflyzone

RE: Where To Find ATC Recordings

Sat Jan 10, 2004 11:48 am

try www.ATCMONITOR.com

Live feed into a sector in Atlanta Center which handles the MACEY2 arrival from the northeast. Probably one of the busiest enroute sectors in the world!

There are also a lot of links on that page that refer you to other live ATC recordings!

Enjoy!

TheNoFlyZone
us Air Traffic Controllers have a good record, we haven't left one up there yet !!

solarix

RE: Where To Find ATC Recordings

Sat Jan 10, 2004 12:03 pm

Hi UAL777222,

You can find some good recordings (and live audio) for both JFK and BOS at http://www.jfktower.com

I also have many ATC recordings that I saved over time. Most of them are HF comms but include North Atlantic, Africa, Indonesia/South Asia. I also have some Heathrow and Northern Canada routes. They are quite large, but let me know if you'd like some of them.

Regards,

Brandon
Bong Hits 4 Jesus

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos