BCAInfoSys
Topic Author

Can Someone Explain O&D To Me?

Sat Jan 10, 2004 9:29 am

Ok guys.. sorry for being a little slow on this subject, but I'm still a little fuzzy on what exactly O&D is. I've seen it referred to numerous times, and I have a faint understanding of the concept, I was wondering if someone could furnish me with a more thorough explanation.

Thanks!  Smile

[Edited 2004-01-10 01:42:40]
Militant Agnostic - I don't know and you don't either.

ConcordeBoy

RE: Can Someone Explain O&D To Me?

Sat Jan 10, 2004 9:49 am

O&D = Origin and Destination traffic, the traffic which starts at a particular destination with the intention of stopping at a particular other.

Say you have a plane going from LAX to ATL with 200 people onboard.

50 of those people just got off an Asian flight, and are flying to ATL to transfer somewhere else

60 of those people are starting in LAX and stopping their journey in ATL

10 of those people are starting in LAX but going on to somewhere in Europe via Atlanta.

80 of those people are starting in Asia but finishing in Atlanta

Based on this, the O&D for that flight would be 60... because that's the amount starting in LAX and ending in ATL.

The other 140 people are transfer pax.... they're either starting their journey somewhere other than LAX/ATL and/or finishing their journey somewhere other than LAX/ATL

[Edited 2004-01-10 01:51:30]
Faire du ciel le plus bel endroit de la terre c'est impossible sans Concorde!

BCAInfoSys
Topic Author

RE: Can Someone Explain O&D To Me?

Sat Jan 10, 2004 9:50 am

Beautiful! Thank you ConcordeBoy, that made perfect sense. I was hoping you'd respond to this one. You've upped my already high respect for you.  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
Militant Agnostic - I don't know and you don't either.