Startup Charter Airline

Sun Jan 16, 2000 10:54 am

Hi fella's,I need your help and your opinions about starting up with two 727-200 for tour chater work,is there a current need for this service in the US and do any of you know Brian Johnston,from California,he wants to make my business plan,I hear he is good,and reputible.any comments sugestions,advice.
Keep well
Thanks Jim

JETPILOT

RE: Startup Charter Airline

Sun Jan 16, 2000 11:11 am

Need way more info...

Who's planes? Leased or purchased?

Why 727's

Why don't you get the FAR's and make your own business plan?

Why passengers and not cargo? Cargo is where the money is. Get a freighter and get a contract with DHL, or Emery.

Who will your upper managment consist of?

???

AirT85

Sun Jan 16, 2000 11:40 am

Hi! OK, yes, we need alot more info(hehe, email me! airt85@aol.com, i wanna here about this, i like the new airline idea). but like said above, go cargo, we've had alot of charter ops shut-down here because of both low demand, inability to compete where there is a demand, and bad maint. Go for either an Atlas Air type thing and/or sign up to do contract charters with DHL or charter your planes to UPS. I think cargo really is where the $$$$$$ is! hehe, gotta go! email me!
-Tony
Why would God make us all so different, if He wanted us to be the same?

JETPILOT

Sun Jan 16, 2000 1:39 pm

UPS does not allow outside operators per their ALPA contract. Neither does Fed EX and neither will Emery, or DHL once their contracts are ratified with ALPA.

Mon Jan 17, 2000 3:59 pm

Fella's
Can you tell me if there is a market for a startup using 727-200's dash 15's hushed,167 pax.I am considering two ex Continental birds,purchase,are tour operators paying around 4500.00 per hour,2 hundred hours per month,what is cost per hour ,ACMI,need advice,jetpilot are you there.
Thanks Guys

Jim