You can expect lots of security (LY is renowned for that)
And the following treatment:
(this is what I have observed on my LY
flights ex. TLV
and not a racial,religious post)
1. If you are Isreali, only about 5 mins of questions..purpose of trip, duration, etc...
2. Jewish from other country, about 10 mins of QA
..relatives, purpose of trip, etc..
3. Non Jewish European/White European..about 20 mins of more intense QA
, sometimes with 2-3 agents..together or seperately..questions such as:
1. Reason for trip, how you buy the ticket? why you buy the ticket? Who paid for the ticket? Where you bought the ticket? How much money you make?
What job you have? Who you work for? Are you married? What do your parents do? What does your brother do? Is your brother married?
and it goes on an on..they ask the same questions 2 or 3 times..
4. Non Jewish Blacks, Asians, non-whites get same but slightly longer.
5. Arabs or muslims..from what i saw, they get about 40-50 mins of questions and MAJOR GRILLING..often they get taken to some Private room for who knows what...I guess that would be expected with current situation in Israel.
My recommedation is to fly LY
only if you are not easily offended and dont mind repetitive invasions of your privacy and LOADS of personal questions. The Isrealis discrimate and DO
PROFILE(with good reason I guess) and make no apologies about it. LY
is not an airline for the PC
Folk thats for sure.
ONCE you finally make it onboard the service is OK
. Nowhere near the level of BA
or similar..on the really long flights they do to NA
, the service is lacking. Expect full flights, screaming and very demanding pax (it is a fact) and mediocre food.
hope that helps!