airkiwi

DL Flight Diverted Last Night ... Options?

Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:33 am

Last night I was flying home on DL from MHT to JAX through CVG. After take-off from MHT about 20 minutes into the flight the cabin became completely dark and the pilots announced due to a generator problem we were making an emergency landing at BOS. After landing DL flight ops informed us that we had been re-booked and those that would not make it to their destination would be given vouchers... etc.

And so turned out that I was one of the lucky people that would not be staying the night in Boston as there was an 11:00 p.m. flight to JAX from CVG, but here's my question - upon re-booking I was issued a ticket that was a full Y fare ticket which to my knowledge is a full fare refundable ticket (my originally purchased ticket was T (deep discount) ticket) ... so finally my question is could I have refunded my ticket and been issued whatever the full fare value was ? is there a policy against refunding tickets when getting re-booked?

thanks.

Flyer732

RE: DL Flight Diverted Last Night ... Options?

Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:38 am

No, when they booked you on that flight they took the available seats on that flight, which were Y fare seats and put you into it. Your reservation would still show what you actually paid for the ticket.

ShortsFA

RE: DL Flight Diverted Last Night ... Options?

Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:44 am

Flyer732 is correct non-refundable is shown in the reservation you made and fare originally paid. The Y was booked on the new flight because they probably did not have T inventory