airkiwi

DL Flight Diverted Last Night ... Options?

Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:33 am

Last night I was flying home on DL from MHT to JAX through CVG. After take-off from MHT about 20 minutes into the flight the cabin became completely dark and the pilots announced due to a generator problem we were making an emergency landing at BOS. After landing DL flight ops informed us that we had been re-booked and those that would not make it to their destination would be given vouchers... etc.

And so turned out that I was one of the lucky people that would not be staying the night in Boston as there was an 11:00 p.m. flight to JAX from CVG, but here's my question - upon re-booking I was issued a ticket that was a full Y fare ticket which to my knowledge is a full fare refundable ticket (my originally purchased ticket was T (deep discount) ticket) ... so finally my question is could I have refunded my ticket and been issued whatever the full fare value was ? is there a policy against refunding tickets when getting re-booked?

thanks.

Flyer732

RE: DL Flight Diverted Last Night ... Options?

Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:38 am

No, when they booked you on that flight they took the available seats on that flight, which were Y fare seats and put you into it. Your reservation would still show what you actually paid for the ticket.

ShortsFA

RE: DL Flight Diverted Last Night ... Options?

Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:44 am

Flyer732 is correct non-refundable is shown in the reservation you made and fare originally paid. The Y was booked on the new flight because they probably did not have T inventory

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos