slcdeltarumd11

UA JFK-LAX/SFO Business Class?

Fri Jan 16, 2004 3:20 am

I see in the united timetable that united lists the morning JFK flights to JFK/SFO as the meal type in business class to be BS. I wondering does that mean breakfast and a snack as it usually does or does it mean a snack breakfast becuase on a trip report

http://airliners.net/discussions/trip_reports/read.main/12172/6/

the author says that only bagels were served on in BUSINESS CLASS on a 6 hour flight for breakfast that seams crazy????? Wondering if anyone has flown uniteds premium trnascontinental service on those flights and can clear this up becuase i have seen the lunch and dinner on the same route seems to be very generous.

Thanks ahead of time!!

UA744KSFO

RE: UA JFK-LAX/SFO Business Class?

Fri Jan 16, 2004 3:32 am

I have flown this route before (several times), but I haven't flown it in business class since 2002. At that time, however, they served both breakfast and a snack. Even now, they still serve both breakfast and a snack on the morning flights in economy, and I don't think that they would do less in business. I hope this helps.

Best regards, Dom

TURBOJETMAN

Fri Jan 16, 2004 3:35 am

Breakfast is as generous as the lunch and dinner. They serve bagels and breakfast breads as a SIDE to the hot entrees, which are usually consist of eggs of some sort, breakfast meats and potato. For those with a healthier appetite United offers a fruit and cereal platter. An hour and a half prior to arrival a snack service is offered with hot nuts, beverage of your choice, a deli sandwich and cookies.

mel

Fri Jan 16, 2004 7:46 am

BS generally stands for Breakfast and Snack, that being full Breakfast shortly after takeoff, and another light snack (usually a sandwich) shortly before landing. United's transcon C-class is an excellent service. Even if in the old B762 seats. They are very comfortable... just no PTVs.
NO URLS in signature