UAL747
Topic Author

UAL To Hong Kong

Mon Jan 17, 2000 12:46 pm

Has anyone ever flown from ORD to HKG on UAL? Whats the service like on these flights on UAL?
"Bangkok Tower, United 890 Heavy. Bangkok Tower, United 890 Heavy.....Okay, fine, we'll just turn 190 and Visual Our Way

RE: UAL To Hong Kong

Mon Jan 17, 2000 4:54 pm

United is not a good airline, rude staff and clampsy comfort.

Why United Airlines when you can fly Cathay Pacific from New York, Vancouver, Toronto, Los Angeles and San Fransico with comfort, personal television on every seat and the best inflight service from the best airline in the world.

Click on Cathay Pacific on http://www.cathaypacific.com and experience the difference and you will truely know what they mean by "Service Straight from the Heart".

Airbus A3XX

Mon Jan 17, 2000 6:13 pm

I have flown from Hong Kong to Bangkok on United's 747-400. Even that's only a 2 hour flight, I feel very uncomfortable on board their 744s. I would recommand you not to take United, take others.

oxygen

Thu Jan 20, 2000 10:24 pm

I have flown UAL ORD-HKG 4 times, and was very disappointed each time.
On this 16-hour flight, which is the longest in the world, only 2 meals were served ( doesn't taste good of course), plus a "snack box" ( same EVERY flight: 1 chiken flavour instant noodle, 1piece of cheddar cheese, a few pieces of crackers, 1 almond cookie, 1 tiny serving of fruit).
Service was extremely bad with rude flight attendents who 'scolds' people.(really, the female F/A scold and old lady because the lady didn't speak english and ordered the wrong food).
I strongly recommend you NOT to fly United Airlines.

tomindc

Fri Jan 21, 2000 12:38 am

A few years ago I had a trip from IAD-SFO-TPE-BKK-HKG-SFO-IAD and it was all First Class. All sectors were on UA except BKK-HKG, which was on Cathay. The difference in service on Cathay on just that segment from Bangkok to Hong Kong made those 13 hour segments in First Class on UA seem paltry. There was no comparison. Cathay was in a different league, totally.