kbuf737

Where Did Rhapsody Go?

Tue Jan 20, 2004 12:17 pm

Remember the good old days when Rhapsody in Blue was a big emphasis of the United marketing campaign? What happened to the good old days of Rhapsody? I think some of their best slogans ever were from those times. I also think this was a point when United was at its most prosperous.
The tower? Rapunzel!!!!!!

luv2fly

RE: Where Did Rhapsody Go?

Tue Jan 20, 2004 12:31 pm

I was just thinking of this today myself. I had a friend who was a real classical music buff and it drove him crazy, becuase I always called that song the United Airlines song, just to get a rise out of him. I do think it created a buzz and was real exciting to hear and always got my attention.
You can cut the irony with a knife

UALPHLCS

RE: Where Did Rhapsody Go?

Tue Jan 20, 2004 12:54 pm

As much as I love Gershwin and Rhapsody in Blue ( My wife and I named our cats Rhapsody and Blue) I am afraid that UA is thinking about dumping it from UA's marketing.

I am afraid that would be a huge mistake. Like "Fly the Friendly Skies" Rhapsody in Blue has become synonomus with UA. What is GOOD about UA. Why Madison Ave ad firms keep advising UA to dump marketing gems that have become American icons is beyond me. They don't advise Coke to dump the Coca Cola trademark. I think they do it just to keep themselves in buisness.
A little less Hooah, and a little more Dooah.