bmi

Duo's New Route Question

Wed Jan 21, 2004 9:21 pm

hi there,
duo recently announced it was adding services between birmingham and edinburgh to the summer 2004 timetable along with a few others. i just wondered what aircraft they will be using on these routes? CR2 or CR7 and/or will it be rotational?

Ive flown this route on a flybe dash 8Q400 and it was very comfortable and nice, and i tried the CR2 of flybe when they had them to Glasgow and that was vile very crampt aircraft and hated it. something has cropped up again and i need to go to EDI and i didnt wanna fly on duo if it was the CR2.

Let me know please someone!
mark

CKT789

RE: Duo's New Route Question

Wed Jan 21, 2004 9:24 pm

I think they are only operating CR2s at Edinburgh at the moment. The CR7's are at BHX.

(Just as an aside, I saw an advert for Duo on ITV last night, prime time as well - good on them, at least word should get round quicker about them).

ScottishLaddie

Thu Jan 22, 2004 6:35 am

The equipment varies between CR2s and CR7s at EDI and I don't know if there is anyway of knowing beforehand what version it will be. I presume that you are aware that the new services don't start until the end of March?
Also even if you found your previous experience on the CRJ not a particularly good one Duo offer a very good quality with leather seats and all the frills of service although I don't know how it will differ if at all from their longer EU flights.

If you haven't already, check out http://www.duo.com
I have heard nothing but good things regarding their service so if their flights fit in with your schedule I advise you to travel with them. They also offer very competitive prices considering what they offer. If you liked Flybe you're surely going to like Duo

Good luck and I'd be interested to know what your final choice is  Big thumbs up

patroni

Thu Jan 22, 2004 6:40 am

Just a question : If you find the CR2 cramped, why should the CR7 be different? Isn't the CR7's fuselage just stretched, but not widened? So I would say that through the pure length it should appear even more cramped than the CR2?

Just guessing though... I will fly the first time on a CR7 in 10 days from Cologne to BHX and find out myself  Big grin

Cheers,

Tom