Click on the link to view:

http://www.geocities.com/limonade.geo/tscolours.html

Your thoughts?
EH.

Goose

RE: Pictures Of Air Transat's New Color Scheme

Mon Jan 26, 2004 11:16 am

Thoughts? Hrm....

I think it's too bad that the website you posted has exceeded its daily allocated data transfer.....  Nuts
"Talk to me, Goose..."

miles_mechanic

Mon Jan 26, 2004 11:18 am

I like the look of those colors on the airplane, it looks nice a new, compared to the old colors they had 5 years ago, those were fairly dull. I makes it seem that the airline is trying to lighten up, and make it seem that they want to have fun with the way that star is on the tail. I always have liked the company name displayed in that style of font, it looks good. If they flew into Saskatchewan I would fly them, or at least be taking pics of them.

So you have one positive response here.

regards
Miles

N766UA

Mon Jan 26, 2004 8:47 pm

It looks the same except now the star is hollowed out. Hardly a "new identity."
This Website Censors Me

Mon Jan 26, 2004 8:51 pm

Link and picture Don't work here either...

Tim

CanadaEH
Topic Author

Mon Jan 26, 2004 10:44 pm

Ok, here's a link that really works:

http://www.yyznews.com/YMXTSA310CGVAT.jpg
EH.

AirOrange

Tue Jan 27, 2004 12:11 am

Despite the white fuselage and engine nacelles these new Air Transat-logo and titles are very good improvements. The whole plane looks a bit bland.

slawko

Tue Jan 27, 2004 3:49 am

Can't say that I am a fan, but its better then the last one..
"Clive Beddoe says he favours competition, but his actions do not support that idea." Robert Milton - CEO Air Canada

jutes85

Tue Jan 27, 2004 4:01 am

Is it just me or do they look almost exactly the same?

nothing

captaingomes

Tue Jan 27, 2004 12:58 pm

The current livery is more dynamic and more interesting. This new one is too bland. What a shame.
"it's kind of like an Airbus, it's an engineering marvel, but there's no sense of passion" -- J. Clarkson re: Coxster

yegbey01

Tue Jan 27, 2004 1:01 pm

Personally,

I prefer the old one (not the current one)

pmanchuk

Tue Jan 27, 2004 1:03 pm

I personally like the old one as well... I was fortunate enough to see a Transat L-1011 landing in FLL this morning... what a beautiful sight... I still love those three-holers.

dc863

Tue Jan 27, 2004 1:30 pm

Golly what a surprise, another billboard scheme.

tsl1011

Tue Jan 27, 2004 2:20 pm

I'm going to have to add another no vote! The current livery is one of my favourites - I quite like the deep blue engines and titles, and the deep blue tail with the cumulus cloud on a clear blue sky. The red stripe and web address ads a nice flash of colour!

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © STUART PRINCE

The new livery is too pale (almost monochromatic) - I don't think it will stand out very well. It reminds me of some of the European low-cost carriers such as Bmibaby or FlyNiki (which look like someone gave their kid a marker and a model plane and stood back to see what would happen) with a touch of Tango thrown in! Not original at all.
I'm afraid Transat's planes will have the most boring livery at YVR from now on  Sad (...and Air Canada's and Skyservice/Conquest's planes move up a notch...)!

boac707

Wed Jan 28, 2004 2:17 am

TSL1011,

I would agree with AC moving up a notch...but Skyservice planes are starting to look a little tacky. They have the appearance of having bumber stickers on them...I saw one the other day with Skyservice titles above the windows, Signature Tours logo below the windows, and Conquest Tours on the tail...

I was wondering if Transat's new livery will be duplicated or closely imitated by Star in Europe...they seem to interchange planes now and again..
smokey classics to the end of time

ScottishLaddie

Wed Jan 28, 2004 2:20 am

No,no,no!! I much prefer the old! The new one is far too plain and the clouds have gone! Sad

rockyracoon

Wed Jan 28, 2004 2:21 am

It's a little nicer in my opinion, not by much though.

peace

Wed Jan 28, 2004 2:25 am

I don't like this new livery at all, especially the tail design, which looks cheap and as if they used a stencil to place it on. What would have been nice would have been a navy blue fuselage with gold titles. Just my opinion.

Hmmm, wonder what the new TS FA uniforms are going to look like? I beleive the new design will be introduced next year. Hard to believe the TS cabin crews haven't had a new uniform since 1990...the girls still have shoulder pads in their blazers for cryin out loud.

captaingomes

Wed Jan 28, 2004 2:38 am

Shoulder pads? LOL! Good for tackling passengers into their small confined areas they call seats.

What would have been nice would have been a navy blue fuselage with gold titles ... hmmm, somewhat tacky, if I'm picturing it correctly. What it needs is the small cheatline, or something similar to spice up the fuselage.
"it's kind of like an Airbus, it's an engineering marvel, but there's no sense of passion" -- J. Clarkson re: Coxster

awschucksflyer

Wed Jan 28, 2004 2:39 am

BOOOOOORRRRRIIIINNNGGGGG!

I don't like that livery at all...the tail is passable, but the rest?!?!? Come on...boring...boring...boring...

Wed Jan 28, 2004 2:46 am

"What would have been nice would have been a navy blue fuselage with gold titles" ... "hmmm, somewhat tacky, if I'm picturing it correctly."

Obviously you are not picturing it correctly. And please explain how a classic combo of navy blue and gold (with proper lettering-font) is considered tacky?

captaingomes

Wed Jan 28, 2004 2:58 am

excuse me bub, it is just a tad flamboyant, if ya know what I mean Big grin

Wed Jan 28, 2004 3:01 am

Flamboyant, eh? Why I oughta........

Look, go on the photosearch on this here website and focus yer Portuguese peepers on the old BOAC livery. Beautiful, classic, timeless. THEN tell me it's a tad flamboyant?

Ohhhh, Mr. Sub just delivered my meatball footlong with extra cheese! I'm starvin.

Aloha717200

Wed Jan 28, 2004 3:08 am

I like the old colours better.  Smile

captaingomes

Wed Jan 28, 2004 3:09 am

Ohhhh, Mr. Sub just delivered my meatball footlong with extra cheese! I'm starvin.

Why didn't you just go pick it up yourself? The extra money you spent on delivery you could have put towards a good sub from Quizno's! Heated is better, you know.

Yes, BOAC looked fantastic, and very classy. But the colour gold and Air Transat just do not relate to eachother, in my opinion. They are fine to keep the current corporate colour of blue, but should have included a splash of red like in the current livery. That's just my opinion.  Big thumbs up

cainanuk

Wed Jan 28, 2004 3:13 am

Oooooooooo....

Eurowhite. How original!
Cainan Cornelius

Wed Jan 28, 2004 3:16 am

Pick it up mySELF??? (ROLLING my eyes). I don't THINK SO!  Smile/happy/getting dizzy And what, it's an extra Toonie or so for delivery? Ohhhh yeah, I love Quizno's....excellent subs, if I do say so myself...top o' the line. Hey, have you ever tried out California Sandwiches? Man, if ya haven't, then do it...their breaded veal is to DIE FOR!

You know, come to think of it, Azores Arnie, yer right re TS and the colour gold. Hmmm.....I stand corrected, yes, let us save the classic livery for a carrier that truly deserves and CAN wear those colours proud.

VSGirl

Wed Jan 28, 2004 3:19 am

Oh that livery looks so dull  Sad

Kimberly.

captaingomes

Wed Jan 28, 2004 3:21 am

hahaha, glad I could influence you! Oh yeah, I was going to mention California Sandwiches. Their veal and their steak sandwiches are amazing, but stay away from the meatball.

Keeping it relevant ...... yeaaah, gold isn't appropriate for Air Transat. Period.

Wed Jan 28, 2004 3:32 am

"hahaha, glad I could influence you!" Doesn't take much to make your day, does it? -) Kiddin me fellow YYZer. And what the hell is the matter with the meatball sandwiches at California? I think they're great. Yeah, the steak sandwiches are awesome.

ANYway, before I get my ass reamed for straying off-topic (not like I've ever done that before) I'm rather suprised Air Transat elected to revise their current tail logo design. I have to admit, when I first saw "the cloud in the star" I wasn't too crazy about it; however, I grew to rather like it as time went by. One other thing - I could not STAND the TS website address on their aircraft...ya wanna talk about tacky? At least this new, inferior livery is minus the web address.

martinairyyz

Wed Jan 28, 2004 3:39 am

Horrid... Just blows my mind what these people are thinking.......

Chelsea Football Club supporter.

captaingomes

Wed Jan 28, 2004 5:16 am

I'll have to try another meatball at California Sandwiches, but if I don't like it, I'll come back and blame you in a non-aviation thread!

MMMMMMMMMM, Yummy!

And no, the new livery is not horrid, it's just plain, and lacks the character of the current scheme.

Wed Jan 28, 2004 5:31 am

HEY! That's Angelina Maria DeCarlo, the aunt of my buddy, Guiseppe, who is the first cousin of Angelo and Frank Cortese of Woodbridge. That woman is a saint! You tellin me, Captain, that Angelina don't know how ta make a good Meatball?? Aye, wiseguy!? Listen man, you just haul your ass over there and ask em to give ya the works on your sandwich....tell em Giovanni sent ya!

BO__einG

Wed Jan 28, 2004 6:19 am

Boo!!

I check back again and find that my first post was not only deleted but the second link also does not work.
What bad timing, but from the consesus everybody agrees that this new livery is not too good so let hope that the design team can improve it before putting it onto their first plane.
Follow @kimbo_snaps on Instagram or bokimon- on Flickr to see more pics of me and my travels.

CanadaEH
Topic Author

Wed Jan 28, 2004 6:23 am

Bo, that picture IS the first plane its been put on!
EH.

dragon-wings

Wed Jan 28, 2004 6:26 am

This new livery seems bland, the current livery is more vibrant.
Don't give up don't ever give up - Jim Valvano

Skywatcher

Wed Jan 28, 2004 6:57 am

Where do you apply for a job designing airplane colour schemes?

I really, really could have done that (along with my 9 year old artistic daughter) for about $300.

Lucky727

Wed Jan 28, 2004 7:26 am

Hardly that different and WAY more boring.
(Meatball-boys move to a non-av thread - I mean really!?)
··· [·] oooooooo [·] oooo oo ooooo [·] ooooooooooooooooooo [·]

Wed Jan 28, 2004 7:31 am

"(Meatball-boys move to a non-av thread - I mean really!?)"

It's all CaptainGomes fault!  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

captaingomes

Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:12 am

Guilty as charged. I'll answer direct questions with direct answers from now on just like a robot. Which is about as boring as Transat's new livery. (see ... I always keep things relevant)

carlos1979

Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:20 am

I wonder what the brass at TS is thinking....that plane looks like a wet-leased bird, not A/C actually owned by the company.....I vote for the current livery

C

Cessnapimp

Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:48 am

I think that the "cloud star" is one of nicest things that Transat has ever given commercial aviation photography. Well, that and LE DIX ONZE!

View Large View Medium

Photo © Jason Nicholls
View Large View Medium

Photo © BP

View Large View Medium

Photo © Brandon Sciame
View Large View Medium

Photo © Thomas Fischer

She's hot and she knows it. YYZ's cougar. Ok... away from Greg's fantasies...

I see nothing wrong with that paint job. But it does look a little "charter-a-gogo". Less serious than the previous one. AT seems defiant at integrating upper case letters in their logo. Again nothing wrong with that. Going with a paler colour for the fuselage fonts is confusing to me; gives the impression of weathering.