AApilot2b
Topic Author

Your personal experience with Air Dolomiti?

Thu Jan 29, 2004 11:08 am

In March, I am scheduled to fly on Air Dolomiti for the first time (VCE to MUC). I have read good things about this airline and I am sure I will enjoy the short ATR flight to MUC. What has been your personal experience with Air Dolomiti? How is their service?

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Konstantin von Wedelstaedt

Aviadvigatel

Thu Jan 29, 2004 7:47 pm

I flew a return trip with them between Munich and Bologna in an ATR 42. Apparently they market themselves towards the business user e.g the food is a little fancy, depending on the time of day eg cream cakes or boxes of antipasto! I guess the legroom was average but those curvy leather seats were comfortable. I understand that the company is majority owned by Lufthansa now. Previously they had a minority holding but code shared with Air Dolomiti. Enjoy your trip!

StarFlyer

Thu Jan 29, 2004 8:01 pm

I flew MUC-PSA-MUC on EN on their ATR42/72. They have got green leather seats with decent legroom for the journey (MUC-VCE should be 1h30m).
Yeah they are a little fancy... You get this box with a sandwich as a meal (not very good), afterwards they hand you dolce, i.e. Italian pastry. Very nice.
Also, shortly after take off they announced "It now happy hour!". I was going sweet but essentially this means you can get them to bring you their happy hour cocktail in a fancy flute glass. Of course you get all sorts of other drinks for free.
It's basically Lufthansa with an Italian touch (LH owns something like 95% in EN).

Enjoy your flight, and moreso VENICE! Beautiful place!
Yours truly - StarFlyer

tomgib

Thu Jan 29, 2004 8:19 pm

The first time I flew them was about 10 years ago. Then also on an ATR. It was an evening flight from MUC to Venice. Back then the service was very, very nice and classy. I flew them quite a few times since then and every time the flight became more and more average. Still not bad but just not as special as they used to be.... Now that they seem to be owned by Lufthansa it really is no wonder though.. But still, I´m sure you´ll enjoy your flight.