ssides

Booking AAnytime AAdvantage Awards

Tue Feb 03, 2004 6:36 am

Has anyone booked AAdvantage award travel using the elevated "AAnytime" option? Is there any fine print surrounding these awards? I'm sick of the capacity controls on the "PlanAAhead" option, and just want to book without worrying about much. I'm planning on flying DCA-CUN in March, and really don't want to pay $600 for a round-trip ticket; to me it's worth 60,000 miles. Any advice, or should I just book when I feel like it?
"Lose" is not spelled with two o's!!!!

ssides

RE: Booking AAnytime AAdvantage Awards

Wed Feb 04, 2004 1:33 am

Bueller? Bueller?
"Lose" is not spelled with two o's!!!!

AAgent

Wed Feb 04, 2004 4:19 am

The award does mean AAnytime. For example, if you're wanting a coach class AAnytime award, if there is a seat available in coach for sale, even if it's the last seat on the aircraft and can otherwise be purchased only at a full Y fare, you WILL be able to get that seat. Of course, as you're already aware, the mileage requirements for an AAnytime award are significantly higher, but you will be able to travel when and where you wish.

Enjoy Cancun!

Respectfully,
AAgent
War Eagle!

adh214

Wed Feb 04, 2004 7:18 am

You might also try booking a first class ticket instead of an AAnytime award. Many times AA has additional capacity in first.

I had to do this once to get the wholle family to a funeral. I was not pleased at spending 125,000 miles for three first class tickets plus $200 in fees but it was better than spending $2000 to buy three coach tickets.

Andrew