DB777

Delta Spending On New Uniforms After Big Loss

Fri Feb 06, 2004 2:27 pm

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/business/national/7867252.htm

Now I can understand the Delta pilot's comment in another thread where he stated why should they give up a good percentage of their salary when they don't know how management is going to blow the savings?

Photographing aircraft since the Earth was flat and on Airliners.net since #338

L-188

RE: Delta Spending On New Uniforms After Big Loss

Fri Feb 06, 2004 4:27 pm

The unions are going to make the most milage out of this as they can.

Frankly I think too much effort is put into flight attendent uniforms.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

2cn

Fri Feb 06, 2004 4:43 pm

I look at it as no different then the system used in repainting a plane into a new livery. There is the one time cost of designing the uniforms while the issuance-or repainting-of the new uniform is part of the normal process with the current ones. Every employee at least every year, possibly more often, gets a certain ammount of what I'm going to call here as Delta Uniform Bucks. Basically, they log into the uniform supliers website and there is a certain ammount of money in there for them to spend, beyond that they have to dish out their own money. While everyone WILL have to order new uniforms, it probably will not be too much more then their normal order for the current uniform. Though I do have to wonder if they really have the cash that will have to go in to design the new uniforms, I say it is definately needed (anyone who has flown Delta has to agree those uniforms are horrible.)

Bruce

Fri Feb 06, 2004 5:35 pm

It says that one of the celebs who wears this designers fashions is Patrick Stewart. Maybe the new Delta uniforms will then look like Star Trek outfits! LOL

bruce
Bruce Leibowitz - Jackson, MS (KJAN) - Canon 50D/100-400L IS lens

asianguy767

Fri Feb 06, 2004 6:52 pm

well, some airlines change liveries and uniforms as a sign to the consumer that change is coming about and for the better just like CO did, so who knows DL may have an ace up its sleeve yet...