Continental Micronesia

Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:26 am

Apologies to all in advance if this has been discussed before...but, I am very curious what is the relationship between Continental Airlines anc Continental Micronesia. Is one a parent company? Also, what is their fleet, what routes do the operate, and do they operate schedeuled or charter service. Last of all, has anyone flown them? Any comments or specifics would be greatly appreciated. I am conducting a thesis for my marketing/managment 307 class on the operations/history/comeback of CO.

Safe and happy flying to all!
"Beer is proof that God Loves us and wanted People to be Happy" - Ben Franklin

RE: Continental Micronesia

Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:43 am

I fly them occasionally on their island hopper route (HNL-MAJ-KWJ-KSA-PNI-GUM), my favorite! Hence my username. My church has missions in all of those islands. CO Mike operates mostly 767-400s and 737-800s (formerly DC10s and 727s) around the South Pacific islands and southeast Asia.

I tried to find out info about CO Micronesia for an article I was writing for an island newspaper, but there is surprisingly little info out there. My best source was to contact CO's public relations and talk to them. They'll have the details you're looking for, but don't expect much about their history.

I'd really like to find out more about their history, if you find out more please post it here. Best of luck!

RE: Continental Micronesia

Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:46 am

Yes, Continental owns Continental Micronesia. You might want to check out for some info on Continental Micronesia.

God bless through Jesus,

God bless through Jesus, Jeff