mckennasmall

Is the Lufthansa 340-600 Coming To YVR??

Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:51 am

Will this be a regular occurrence. Or is it like what Cathy did just to show off the plane. I would love to see it here. Rob will be extremely happy now. I would love to see Lufthansa 340-600 right beside Air Canada 319. That would be a great comparison

kurt

Sat Feb 07, 2004 5:46 am

Isn't YVR one of the "rollout" cities for the new LH Business Class product? I thought that that meant the 340-600 automatically.

By the way, Monday I was in the lounge at FRA and noticed a brand-spankin' new 340-600 on the B concourse down below. Looked great (and long!). I'm pretty sure the tail number ended in "A" so maybe it was the the first one. Any LH experts there who could say for sure. It was about 11:00 a.m.

GuyBetsy1

Sat Feb 07, 2004 6:33 am

LH needs the A340-600 2 class aircraft to service Canada where it codeshares flights with Air Canada - which also has 2 class service. So it is the logical choice to fly this aircraft to YYZ and YVR. The latter will get the aircraft at the end of Feb and this will be a permenant decision. Maybe in the summer, the B744s come back briefly.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos