wimpycol

Colombian President This Week To Europe...but How?

Sun Feb 08, 2004 9:53 am

President Uribe travels tomorrow to Europe (Belgium, France and Italy) for a week visit (see article, Spanish)
http://eltiempo.terra.com.co/poli/2004-02-08/ARTICULO-WEB-_NOTA_INTERIOR-1504057.html

my question is:
I know that the Colombian government will get the Boeing 737-73Q BBJ soon as new presidential airplane.
But until this day ...How will Uribe travel? Does he get the FAC-1201??
Or will he travel with AF or IB to Europe?

Thanks in advance
saludos
Wimpy "hoor je overal"

Colombia... can't wait to be there again!!!!!!!!!!

anxebla

RE: Colombian President This Week To Europe...but How?

Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:59 am

Winpycol:
I saw to F.Santos,Colombia's vice-president in a IB's A-340,first class in Sep of 2002 between MAD and BOG (I was in that plane).Maybe It's possible to see Mr.Uribe in a regular flight (with a high security and protection,of course)
AIRBUS 320 The world's most advanced single-aisle aircraft

soamsky

Sun Feb 08, 2004 11:14 am

Easy, he's riding Juan Valdez mule Big grin

I'm just kidding!!!!!!
Soar the blue of the South American Sky

wimpycol

Sun Feb 08, 2004 11:18 am

Anxebla

yes i think it's possible too.
In 2001 my mother had atrip BOG-CDG on AF with President Pastrana on board!
She didn't liked the flight... there was a high security and special protection.(they claimed all first and part of business)..and she got a extra delay of 5 hours... all because of one man.. thank you mister Pastrana !

Well Uribe could also fly with AV. Daily flight BOG-MAD-BOG.

saludos
wimpycol

anxebla

Sun Feb 08, 2004 11:29 am

Yankee
Do you has been in other place than Alabama? I'm afraid no...
And I'm not just kidding  Big thumbs up Colombia is more than Coffee,drugs and Juan Valdez..this is for your personal information...poor yankee
By the way...sometimes I think US is just hamburgers,The Simpsons and fat peoples.Of course,this is not true,but people like you changes my opinion about United States....
Greetings from Madrid,Spain (Yes,Spain,in Europe not in Mexico)
AIRBUS 320 The world's most advanced single-aisle aircraft

soamsky

Sun Feb 08, 2004 11:51 am

Anxebla

What's going on?. Take it easy!! I did not mention drugs or anything bad about Colombia. Coffee and Juan Valdez are good things. I just played an innocent joke, that's all. Please no hard feelings.

soamsky

Sun Feb 08, 2004 11:56 am

Anxebla

I think Mr Uribe can get there on a "chiva Colombiana" Big grin

JUANR

Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:41 pm

Well, I have not been able to get an official confirmation of Uribe's flight but I think he is flying with AF because Paris is closer to Belgium (his first destination) than MAD.

Anyway, the Chiva would be better according with his personality. Jajajaja  Smile

Juan
SKBO
Bogotá: 2600 Metros Más Cerca De Las Estrellas; Vamos por los XVII Juegos Nacionales!!!!!!!!!

Southamerica

Sun Feb 08, 2004 2:18 pm

Good question. He may be traveling in a commercial flight as you guys have said. But, on the other hand, it's kinda strange to think that the second most protected man on Earth will be traveling in a simple scheduled flight.

SOUTHAMERICA

HNLFlyBoy

Sun Feb 08, 2004 8:01 pm

Has anyone thought of NetJets.....? The government will probably charter a general aviation a/c for this trip. GS VSP comes to mind...

wimpycol

Sun Feb 08, 2004 8:13 pm

holas;

Juan
Yes AF is the best option for him to go to Belgium, and I miss the chivas here in Holanda. I really like to ride in a chiva in Colombia with music, drinks and beautiful girls. Colombia knows how to party.

SOUTHAMERICA
you also got a good point.... But, on the other hand, it's kinda strange to think that the second most protected man on Earth will be traveling in a simple scheduled flight.......

I know that the Dutch government uses KLM for their trips outside Europe and these are also simple scheduled flights.......but within Europe they use their F70.
I'm not sure on this but why is it that Colombian presidents don't travel with AV to Europe?? Pastrana also traveled with AF to France, while AV had their BOG-CDG-BOG route??
I think in the future this will be over when Colombia gets their first B737-73Q BBJ

WILLEM