chicago757

What Airline Will U Never Fly Again?....

Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:09 am

I was wondering what Airline you'll NEVER fly again, and why?
Go White Sox!!!!

deltaffindfw

RE: What Airline Will U Never Fly Again?....

Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:17 am

Braniff and Texas International from DFW. Why? I think it's obvious  Big grin

JAL777

Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:23 am

Continental.

jetbluefan1

Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:25 am

Song: Overall just a bad airline. Not the greatest service, delays and more delays, not enough frequency. But I would fly Delta mainline again.

American: Absolutely horrid experience. Horrible service with some very rude f/a's. The plane was very old (MD-80) and the seats were uncomfortable.

JetBluefan1

JBLUA320

Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:26 am

Don't love the idea of this thread, but...

song- Very disappointed in their service, false advertising and deceptive practices.

JBLU

ANX4fishing

Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:39 am

I fired Reno Air when they were still in business. Some idiot gate agent manager in Las Vegas helped me make that decision. Too bad, because they were an ok airline with decent service out of SJC. But I switched. A matter of principal, really.

NIKV69

Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:43 am

Can't say I have had any real bad experiences because I only fly the main airlines like AA, and CO when I travel in the US. Flew WN once, they are good. I won't fly Delta or United. I have to say the best FAs are on CO, they are nice and treat you great.

Hey that guy with the private jet can bail us out! Why? HE CAN AFFORD IT!

LFutia

Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:49 am

Some guy I was talking to on ICQ chat said that he'll never fly KLM/NW because his bag didnt show up. If you want to read the whole conversation plz shoot me an email. BTW: I told him that i worked for KLM and so he asked me all of these questions about the logo on KLM and the Worldwide Reliability sticker... hehe i know it was wrong but it was fun...

Leo/ORD
Leo/ORD -- Groetjes uit de VS! -- Heeft u laatst nog met KLM gevlogen?

EMBQA

Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:49 am

Southwest........... Cattle Car feeling, Cruddy service,.....geee, just spen one night watching 'Airline' and you'll see why.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog"

AApilot2b

Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:53 am

America West. The airline many American's refer to as America's Worst.

NIKV69

Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:55 am

EMBQA,

Welcome to the world of LCCs, this is why you are paying $150 round trip, if you want to spend $300 then fly the better airlines and you will get an assigned seat, meal and better service. It's why I choose CO over WN to fly to Vegas. WN is not bad for what they are.

JFernandez

Mon Feb 09, 2004 10:06 am

Southwest
Song
America West

Mutliple bad experiences on Southwest and America West, and had one Song experience that seems to be backed up by a lot of people here.

Mon Feb 09, 2004 10:07 am

I most likely will not fly on Southwest again if I can help it until they decide to go with assigned seating, I always get to the airport early no matter who I'm flying but standing in front of the gate agent counter for two hrs just to be sure I get a good seat (emergency exit window) on Southwest is not my idea of fun, I would rather check in, get my assigned seat and then pass the time looking out the window at the action outside.

In all the yrs I have been flying I have never had a bad flight on any airline, (I mostly fly DL), the closest I came to that was a 5 hr delay in the summer of 2002 flying UA from ORD to BOS but it wasn't the airlines fault seeing the day was filled with severe thunderstorms, eventually the flight departed and gave me my first ride on a 757 which has since become my favorite rocket.

Karl

Paddy

Mon Feb 09, 2004 10:10 am

The one experience I had with US (SEA-PHL-DCA) left much to be desired: mediocre in-flight service, luggage stuck in PHL, rude ground staff at DCA etc. I certainly won't miss them if they go under...

C17Glbm

Mon Feb 09, 2004 10:10 am

America West............it's just ridiculous.

aloha73g

Mon Feb 09, 2004 10:12 am

America West-The one flight my dad tried them on never made it off the ground....mechanical problem on an A-320 PHX-OAK flight. My one America West flight , A-320 PHX-SJC, was delayed first because the pilots were late...the plane had NO A/C and was miserably hot. The plane was completely full and when the pilots got there there was a mechanical problem that delayed us more. We finally left almost 2 hours late. YUCK. AND, when we took off and landed the plane made horrible sounds like I have never heard before. It was not a pleasant flight.

Aloha!
Aloha Airlines - The Spirit Moves Us. Gone but NEVER Forgotten. Aloha, A Hui Hou!

Randy4920

Mon Feb 09, 2004 10:52 am

USA 3000- flight attendants verbally fought eachother in front of PAX, airport crew were verbally abusive to PAX and very rude and unappreciative of the business we gave them.

kalakaua

Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:04 am

This thread is totally wrong. Already, I find certain opinions based on one incident. Some posts are ridiculous. When you see someone bashing a certain carrier because of employee rivalry, why should I believe you? Only then, will I realize your credibility when I experience those incidents more than once.
Gravity explains the motions of the planets, but it cannot explain who set the planets in motion.

NIKV69

Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:05 am

Randy4920,

What airline was that?

B757capt

Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:10 am

APPLE VACATIONS CHARTERS IS THE WORST 28 hour delay in Dec of 1999 @ ORD. Told us if we left airport we would lose all 600.00 worth of ticket. Aircraft was an on demand charter by RYAN INTERNATIONAL AIRLINES OF WICHITA, KS. Airbus 320 (leased from AIR 2000)that was also the worst airplane ever!
The views written by this user are in no manner the views of my employer and should not be thought as such.

Cory6188

Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:13 am

JAL777, would you mind specifying what happened that caused you to dislike CO?

amhilde

Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:35 am

UAL- several bad experiences

Actually, i didnt get my bag off of KLM the summer of 2002 from VCE-LHR because a belt broke at AMS- needless to say this put me in QUITE a situation as I was due at my very first professional seminar the next morning in London with important UK gaming figures and I hadnt my proper dress shoes, hairdryer, or anything else to make me look decent. And there wasnt enough time to run out to get new dress shoes ( i had left my dress at my friends flat while i went out of town for a little bit) Didnt blame KLM though, but was rather irritated. I would fly them again
Hang on tightly, Let go lightly

Fly2HMO

Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:44 am

From my parents:
Continental, they mixed up their baggage and put it in a wrong connecting flight.

Aerolineas Internacionales: Rusty 727, overhead bins hanging loose, seats with holes, noisy, dirty, smelly, only stale peanuts to eat, bla.bla.bla....

My personal experience:
Aerocalifornia: They have the youngest and best overall F/As i've seen so far (FEMALES!!!), but the worst english i've heard, and they aren't very aviation-informed, just girls looking for free flights.
Also, the pilots are the kind that in the turns, they slam the rudder to one side until you're butt to butt with your neighbour on the other seat, then full aileron to sorta coordinate the turn, and they only pull up on the elevator after they realized that in the turn they fell 1000ft. Yeah, its fun at first, but when that happens in most of the flights i've flown with them, it makes me wonder, were they trained in the flying circus? And I hate their DC9s.

Southwest:
Ugly F/As in both directions, ugly uniforms, ugly 737 classic (i hate them too)
No assigned seats system is not for me (reminds me of mad cows making a line for the slaughterhouse) and even with their "Don't be a bin hog" campaign the passengers seemed to bring more carry-on luggage on purpose, my only 1 piece of luggage ended up in the lower deck, and the other 40 passengers with few luggage too.  Pissed

yes, there's a pinch of sensationalism here, but no lies  Innocent

Greets 2 y'all

united

Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:46 am

Why does everyone have such lousy responses? I believe this thread was started to ask people if they had any HORRIBLE and SERIOUS things happen at a certain airline that are totally inappropriate and deter them from ever giving them their business again. Having a bag lost is definately not the end of the world. Personally, I'd say British Airways, but what happened did not alter my life, therefore not being a serious problem. I would fly them again. EVERY airline has missed connections, bags lost, grumpy crew, delays, cancellations, just as well as they have suberb employees, new planes, on time arrivals, happy customers and so on.
The opinions expressed here are mine and not necessarily those of Delta Air Lines.

trijetfan1

Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:53 am

From a family experience, the old Aeroflot, an old IL-86 and they thought it was going to crash........never been on a bad airline, personally.
Earned PPL June 26, 2007

ssides

Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:55 am

I won't fly United, or Delta if I can help it. Much rather stick to the Texas-based airlines, in this order: AA, WN, CO.
"Lose" is not spelled with two o's!!!!

JUANR

Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:58 am

Sometimes just one bad experience is enough to make people decide not to fly again in one airline; but it doesn't mean that the airline is bad just for that experience. I had bad experiences with AV but still fly with them.

Juan
SKBO
Bogotá: 2600 Metros Más Cerca De Las Estrellas; Vamos por los XVII Juegos Nacionales!!!!!!!!!

TBCITDG

Mon Feb 09, 2004 12:32 pm

Personally Virgin Blue. Badly dissappointed.Thought that I would give the competition a "go".
Branson has already come out saying that JetStar passengers will be cramped in like sardines, but someone should tell him that seat pich in Economy on VB is not that crash hot. Especiallly someone tall, who has to endure a flight from SYD to PER.

jcded

Mon Feb 09, 2004 12:52 pm

Air France, worst delays ever since I was a kid, clueless ground staff, lack of curtosey to passengers, lies lies and more lies
You breathe to do good and have fun.

boeingman

Mon Feb 09, 2004 12:59 pm

i will never fly Swiss international. that airline treated me like nothing. man it sucked. not 2 fly it again.

ORDnDFW777

Mon Feb 09, 2004 12:59 pm

ATA!
4 segments, last there were the flights from hell.

flyingnanook

Mon Feb 09, 2004 1:00 pm

If I had a choice, I would never fly AS again.

In the last four years, I haven't been on a flight which left within 45 minutes of its scheduled departure. Only once was it due to weather (it was snowing in SEA).

They have put me on an airplane which probably shouldn't have been flying at the time. (One of the pressurization systems was broken, two still worked. It was ok to takeoff in that condition...just have to fly a bit lower, not a big deal. BUT, this meant flying ANC-LAX in the middle of one of the biggest storms the west coast had seen in a decade. The storm literally took up the whole west coast from Baja California up through Canada. We didn't have enough fuel to go around and we couldn't fly above due to the broken pressurizer. The flight attendants were forced to stay seated for the entire flight from about 45 minutes in until the final check of the cabin before landing. I bruised the side of my head from bashing it against the wall due to the horrible turbulence.)

On one flight, the air conditioning system or something dripped on my head through most of the flight. The flight attendant taped some napkins up but it still got me. The flight was full so I couldn't be reseated.

Ever since Delta left FAI, AS prices have soared through the roof. They take advantage of their monopoly status all throughout AK.

Their meal service has gone to sh*t. I flew LAX-ANC during meal times (both lunch and dinner) and was fed basically cheese spread and crackers. One time when I actually was served breakfast (Special K and a small banana), there was some bizarre green food particle stuck to my spoon and the flight attendant said that there were no more spoons available so I would have to use that one. She didn't offer to rinse it or anything.

Recently, my friend called to see what codeshare flights could he take to Raleigh-Durham. The operator didn't quite understand. He then asked how close he could get there on AS (he has a free ticket, another story for another time) and she didn't even know where Raleigh was. She suggested that he fly to MIA! I would assume that a basic knowledge of American geography would be needed to have a job in airline reservations. Apparently I was wrong.

I have plenty more complaints, but I think I should stop for now. But at least I don't have just one isolated occurrence to deter me from them.
Semper ubi sub ubi.

Mon Feb 09, 2004 1:01 pm

AirTran - their business class is in line with other airline coach

jetBlue - overrated and generally obnoxious

America West - the airline may have changed, but I have far too many bad memories from the past (measured in the dozens)

jjbiv

Mon Feb 09, 2004 1:04 pm

When I buy revenue tickets, if it's scheduled service and it's cheap, I'll be onboard...

ORDnDFW777: Sorry to hear of your bad experience on ATA. Hopefully you'll take the opportunity to try the new Business Class service onboard our new Boeing aircraft some time soon.

joe

ORDnDFW777

Mon Feb 09, 2004 1:10 pm

I sat on the MDW tarmac for 2 hours and had to refuel before going to DFW. The dips---s at ATA didn't file a new flight plan to avoid potential weather in western Illinois. Also took a 4 hour ground hold for crew rest and arrived at LGA at 2:00 am only to find my hotel was over booked. Not bad when you have an 8:00 am meeting. Sure, ATA had nothing to do with the hotel, but if I would have arrived at 10:00 pm, I would have had a better nights sleep on the lower east side as opposed to midtown.

speedbudgie

Mon Feb 09, 2004 1:19 pm

I decided that I would not fly Delta again after witnessing how difficult an experience my sister had with the airline. They are a wonderful airline in most respects, but for a single mother of three (at the time a newborn, a two year old, and a three year old) the airline was most unaccommodating. She had a very difficult time. That unfortunately shaped my experience with Delta.

bobb

Mon Feb 09, 2004 1:31 pm

Yeah, pretty lame thread.

Why get emotional about an airline, and one incident? They get me there on time, cheap (when on my own expense), no fuss, convinient, I am there, who cares who it is.

FlyboyOz

Mon Feb 09, 2004 1:40 pm

Well...I will never never fly Ansett Australia though i love this airline very much
The Spirit of AustraliAN - Longreach

frontiers4ever

Mon Feb 09, 2004 1:48 pm

I dont plan on flying American West anytime soon. Not to say I will never fly them again i just dont want to.

-Frontiers4ever
Until you prove, your right, your wrong

orbis

Mon Feb 09, 2004 1:54 pm

I have flown everything from CUBANA and AEROFLOT to LH and SQ (first class). From SAAB340 to A346 and Concorde.

I have exprienced nice surprises, real bad dissapointments regarding service even within the same flight. But if I must pick an airline I would try to avoid, that would be UAL.

Because I think it is a very boring airline, from the plane´s livery, to the interior fabric and coloring. From the menu´s graphic design to the actual catering (even in First), not to mention the wine´s choice and the FA´s very standard, cold and dull attitude. And I hate Hemispheres Magazine, and its duty free products. Even the Timetables.
On the other hand, I love listening the ATC´s on UALs flights.

Regards
we should live our lives as if we were really alive!!! H.M.

FLIBOYZ

Mon Feb 09, 2004 1:55 pm

HAWAIIAN AIRLINES. Lost a lot of confidence in them a while back and never will fly them again. It seems that they never learned from the last time. Crews a snotty, agents are snotty.

Southwest. Just trashy in my opinion, or too much trashy people.

B6. Just hate em'

ushermittwoch

Mon Feb 09, 2004 2:11 pm

I would have to say: IBERIA
Where have all the tri-jets gone...

RobINDYHP

Mon Feb 09, 2004 2:17 pm

American, really bad experiences with a really bad airline.

AirframeAS

Mon Feb 09, 2004 3:37 pm

WN......for very many personal reasons, they are not what they say they really are when it comes to employee morale & how WN treats their people expecially in PHX, but thats just a totally different issue, I will NOT fly on WN ever again mainly because of that. Thats all I'll say on this.
A Safe Flight Begins With Quality Maintenance On The Ground.

uadc8contrail

Mon Feb 09, 2004 3:52 pm

my worst......walmart....they cashiers were crabby and i asked them for help getting the groceries out to the hummer2 and they laughed at me......i guess its back to ralphs for me.....oooopps im sorry i thought we were talking about what grocery chain you will never go to again....im sorry....
bus driver.......move that bus:)

kalakaua

Mon Feb 09, 2004 4:31 pm

I don't want to fly __________ Airlines again because they gave me 14 pieces of peanuts while they gave my neighbor 16!!!! It's outrageous!!! I paid the same price he did!!! This is unfair!!! Everyone, boycott _________ Airlines!!!  Insane
Gravity explains the motions of the planets, but it cannot explain who set the planets in motion.

Azmi

Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:04 pm

United because on aug 10th 2003,due to a rainstorm they kept us waiting in Charlotte airport for more than 5 hours which made me miss my IAD connection to LHR that same night(British Airways 224).Anyway upon arrival at IAD I could not retrieve my luggage.I went to BA counter and booked the next flight to LHR,but my luggage couldn't be found even with BA's help..I begged United counter to try to find my luggage but all they said was:file a complaint!It turned out that they had booked me on their next United flight to LHR (with my luggage) but without ever bothering to tell me that.I was even downgraded because on BA I was on economy plus and United didn't have that class.
fly all airlines,visit all countries

A330Fan1

Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:06 pm

I'd never fly Alliance Air again. I really didn't feel safe in the 737-200, I was so scared - things were rattling, it was so scary!!! It was a short flight from Delhi - Jaipur. I think that's the scariest flight I've been on.

-A330Fan1

JFernandez

Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:36 pm

Perhaps a better question is:

What airline would you not fly even if it had nonstop service to and from the cities you wanted to go to, and was a couple hundred bucks cheaper? (i.e., would you pay money to NOT fly them.)

N754PR

Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:39 pm

UA, NW, DL..... just nothing to make me fly them again.

America West was OK because it was a short flight and I did not expect too much.

Canadian was the worst ever but thats been taken care of  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
Bush, your a sad, sad man.