Cory6188
Topic Author

A Wonderful Inflight Experience

Tue Feb 10, 2004 8:31 am

I'm tired of reading about threads bashing this airline and that airline because of stupid reasons such as "they lost my luggage" or "there was a weather delay".

Has anyone had a truly wonderful experience on an airline - so much so that you were really surprised?

First off, don't go saying SQ and the other Asian carriers a hundred times. We all know they are wonderful. I'd like to hear about the US domestic carriers and airlines that aren't typically associated with being so great (not necessarily a reputation for being bad, but just not to the level of SQ and EK).

For me, it has been CO, especially when I flew them a few years after Bethune became the CEO of CO. What a change from the CO of the 80s! They have really become a class act since then, and the attitude of their employees shows this.

Regis

RE: A Wonderful Inflight Experience

Tue Feb 10, 2004 8:40 am

Given the sorry state of US based carriers, I suspect you won't have many replies to this thread.

Cory6188
Topic Author

Tue Feb 10, 2004 8:42 am

Come on, be positive. Something good had to have happened somewhere on a US carrier!

carduelis

Tue Feb 10, 2004 8:53 am

Never on a US carrier, in 40 years! sorry!

[Edited 2004-02-10 01:03:03]
Per Ardua ad Astra! ........ Honi Soit Qui Mal y Pense!

jeffrey1970

Tue Feb 10, 2004 9:03 am

back in 1990 or 1991 I was flying from DCA to Phoenix on Eastern Airlines. On the flight from DCA to ATL I flew on a 757. I was first of all surprised when they let me ride in first class. Then the door to the cock pit was broken so I got to watch the pilots for most of the flight. Plus there was not a single cloud in the sky during that flight. I have to say that because of the actual flying experience and the service from the Eastern staff, that was the best flight I had ever had.

God bless through Jesus,

Jeff
God bless through Jesus, Jeff

fourstripe

Tue Feb 10, 2004 9:12 am

I have always had great experiences on American Airlines.

-David
“Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible.” - Edward Vernon Rickenbacker

BH346

Tue Feb 10, 2004 9:15 am

Back in 1998 I flew on Northwest from Seattle to Osaka. We had a 6 hour delay because the inbound was late. The wonderful NW airport staff made the best of the situation giving generous compensation and handling us all in a professional and efficient manner. We missed our connecting flight out of Osaka and was given a room at the Hotel Nikko Kansai Airport which was an excellent hotel. We were also given free phone cards and a few meals in Seattle and Osaka. The flight itself is probably my best so far...crew was all around very nice.
Northwest Airlines - Some People Just Know How to Fly

Cory6188
Topic Author

Tue Feb 10, 2004 9:16 am

See? I knew this wouldn't be so hard to do. Although the US airlines may often pale in comparison to their foreign counterparts, there are always a few bright spots that people have experienced.

badgerguy

Tue Feb 10, 2004 9:21 am

I have had many good flights in the US. I used to fly TWA all the time. Their 767 F/C cabin from STL to LAX was a very nice flight. STL to MIA F/C cabin by myself. The FA's name was CT. She was really funny. United B/C cabin from ORD to LAX (777), United B/C cabin LAX to ORD (747). TWA F/C cabin BOS to SJC via STL. TWA main cabin MKE to STL (717). All were good flights. I still have good flights in the US. I now fly NW most of the time and except for some delays, the flights are fine.

5NEOO

Tue Feb 10, 2004 9:21 am

I've had a lot of pleasant experiences on American carriers. I was traveling ORD - LHR during the summer of 2002. One of the flight attendants was very generous when it came to supplying the cabin with alcohol. I ended up downing six bottles of Tanqueray on that flight. Needless to say, I slept very well................
Admit it, you could care less about the continent Africa!

JBLUA320

Tue Feb 10, 2004 9:30 am

Northwest Airlines to Alaska! The inflight crew were simply superb, making jokes and playing games- really trying their hardest to work with the limited supplies given to them (considering there was no IFE on the 6 hour MSP-FAI 757). It was the first time in a long time I felt truly valued from a US major airline. The service was great, crew great and all in all, a great way to start my families vacation.

Since that flight, I have always had a special spot for Northwest Airlines, and have proudly booked a trip on them for this summer EWR-DTW-AUS and back... I cant wait!

JBLU/ Fly the red tails! (Or the multi-colored blue ones!)

mckennasmall

Tue Feb 10, 2004 10:06 am

I have had many great flights on Air Canada. I will tell you about some great ones.
YVR-SYD.
Ticket Agent Upgraded us and I slept on the flight. A 340-300 nice crew actually extremely nice they waited on us all the time. I had a great convo with one who use to work for Wardair. We had to go through HNL and when we came back on and different crew but nice people. Slept the portion woke up with eggs and bacon and fresh OJ.

PEK-YVR (1998)
traveled Economy on anniversary pass it was my dad's though and I got back because it was full but the F/A put me in back and always gave me a meal from J and she also gave me a personal DVD player. (WE were on a 767-300 and they have no PTV in J they hand out DVD players to the people and you choose from selection from Videos. Well they have a couple operated on batter for the chairs that sometimes have no power) Well the F/A gave me the one with batter and well the guy beside me asked how come he gets one and the F/A said he was supposed to be getting J but he did not receive so this was a little token for my patience. Real nice F/A she also gave me J meals and we talked for a bit really nice F/A.

I have been impressed many times with Air Canada and if they get out of this trouble time they will become a great Airline. I still say government made them buy Canadian.

AApilot2b

Tue Feb 10, 2004 10:40 am

I agree with Cory6188. I have flown a lot in the US and only have had a few bad experiences (all of them with America West). As some might understand, I fly AA a lot and have never have had a bad experience with them. I had an hours delay in Chicago once, but that was hardly AA's fault. The blizzard tearing through the region made one hour seem small. AA's staff has always been courteous and helpful (from the phone reservation to the delivery of my luggage) and, as a tall guy, I really appreciate their extra leg room.
Then there is Midwest Express (now named Midwest). They offered me the best flight experience I have ever had and at an economical price. The wide leather seats, the gourmet dinner on china, and complimentary wine were outstanding! Whenever I get a chance to fly with them, I do.
All said, people like to complain and that is why we live in a world bombarded with negativity. Do I miss the old days were the service was a lot better? Sure I do, but really flying is not as terrible an experience as many like to make it out to be. Of course, we all know that one negative experience quickly over shadows a thousand positive experiences.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Simon Willson

View Large View Medium

Photo © Jeff Miller

View Large View Medium

Photo © Art Brett

View Large View Medium

Photo © Konstantin von Wedelstaedt

View Large View Medium

Photo © Art Brett

cloudboy

Tue Feb 10, 2004 10:45 am

I had a great experience with Delta last year.

My brother, a student out in Colorado, was involved in a bad climbing accident. After rushing out to Denver on United (bad experience I won't get into here), my brother was finally ready to be discharged from the hospital. Problem was he still was completely unable to stand or walk and had only the use of his left arm up to his elbow to move. And being a student he had no place to stay out there or anyone who could help him.

Through a friend, we made contact with Delta and one of their redcoat customer service agents. The managed to get us donated first class tickets for my brother and a nurse, and an upgrade for myself. When we arrived at the airport, they were waiting at the curb to help us with our luggage! They got us through checkin, had several people to help us get on the plane (very difficult with someone who can't move himself or even stand up!), and when we got to Atlanta, they had someone waiting to help us get to our connecting flight. Same thing when we finally arrived in Boston.

The flight staff were incredibly accommodating and what was an adventure I was dreading turned out to be quite enjoyable. This is the kind of service that makes a major airline stay a major.
"Six becoming three doesn't create more Americans that want to fly." -Adam Pilarski

767Lover

Tue Feb 10, 2004 10:54 am

I recently had a great experience flying American from Bogota to Miami. The food (in coach) was actually really good -- some kind of beef with rice -- and the service was extremely friendly.

ZASpringboks

Tue Feb 10, 2004 11:34 am

SAS Scandinavian Airlines 2001 from ORD to ARN

The Swede FA's actually had all of the coach class passengers names remembered by the end of the flight. It was nearly a full flight, as well. Nice touch! Tak Tak!

Cheers!

[Edited 2004-02-10 03:38:36]

futureualpilot

Tue Feb 10, 2004 11:41 am

Ive had excellent experiences on DL, and CO especially, both international and domestically.
Life is better when you surf.

cancidas

Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:05 pm

the only good flight i had on a US-based carrier was DEN to LGA where i got to jump seat on F9. other than that, nothing but bad reviews. all my god memories are from foreign carriers.
"...cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home."

TonyBurr

Tue Feb 10, 2004 1:00 pm

I have had many WONDERFUL experiences on US carriers, too many to list. Just some:

Last year I flew IAH-LIM on CO in C, service, meals, FA, flight could not have been better. EXCELLENT service. I will be flying them int hree weeks EWR-LIM-EWR and looking forward to it.

Last week I flew US PHL-LGW, CO / LIRF), Italy">FCO-PHL. Excelleent, friendly service ( the FA spilled a tray of drinks on me before we left the gate at CO / LIRF), Italy">FCO but could not have been nicer and more apologetic about it), (the flight PHL-LGW was 3 hours late in departing but hey, happens - it was the longest delay I ever experienced though) The meal in Envoy might have been a little "minimal" but certainly sufficient.

With 800,000 miles on UA I have had some EXCELLENT service ( and some not so good) on UA. They were really down for awhile, but they are getting better. Have met some wonderful FA there, loads of fun on long flights. Their F suite on international is great!

There are MAN tremendous experiences on US carriers. If you fly enough you see the best and worst of any airline. Yes SQ is FANTASTIC, but you also see some horror stories in here.

soamsky

Tue Feb 10, 2004 1:02 pm

One very pleasant experience was traveling Delta from Paris to Atlanta last year. I had the privilege to meet former president Jimmy Carter who was traveling with us. He took the time to greet personally every, every single passenger on that plane. I have a lot of respect for him.
Soar the blue of the South American Sky

flyingnanook

Tue Feb 10, 2004 2:33 pm

I was flying Horizon PDX-SEA at 6am. I was very tired because I had been awake for 24 hours by then (Long story, I came from MDW via MSP and still had to make it up to FAI). While taxiing to the runway, I fell asleep and didn't wake up until we arrived in SEA and were heading to the gate area. So anyways, as I got off the plane (I was the last off because I was in the last row) the flight attendant handed me a danish because I missed the service. I thought that was really nice.

I guess that wasn't technically inflight but I felt that was especially nice and had to share.
Semper ubi sub ubi.

FLIBOYZ

Tue Feb 10, 2004 3:06 pm

This is to Cancidas-

How did you get a jumpseat on F9? You must be in one of 2 professions. A Pilot or a Flight Attendant. And if you are one of these, how can you have bad experiences on ANY US Carrier if you got a ride for free? If you paid for your seat(S) that is a whole different story. If you got your seats for free, in this case a jumpseat, on any of the other carriers and had a bad experience, why? Did YOU treat the other "CREW" members bad?

From my experiences with JUMPSEATERS, A.K.A. "CREWMEMBERS", why would you have a bad experience?

Just curious. Like I said, the only way for you to get a jumpseat here in the U.S. on a US Carrier is for you to be a crewmember.

Later

FLIBOYZ

Tue Feb 10, 2004 3:20 pm

Anyway, back to the subject. I have had numerous wonderful experiences on several airlines. When I lived in Honolulu I flew on DL many many times and had no problems with them. The crews were great, the agents were great. CO from HNL-LAX 742. Planned a vacation to LAX to visit a friend of mine and came down with a cold before the trip. I didn't want to cancel the trip so I went. Checked in and got my seat. Not knowing at the time what kind of seat, window, aisle, middle seat, etc. I went back to the agent who had checked me in and asked if that was a window seat. He punched some stuff into the computer and several seconds later came back and said here, I can do better than that. Looked at my boarding pass and said, huh? He replied with, " I upgraded you to Business Class." I was most greatful for the upgrade. I told him that he didn't have to do that but he said never mind, and said he noticed I was not feeling well.

TWA- HNL-STL-JFK-CO / LIRF), Italy">FCO and back. The Flight Attendants were great and the Flights were great too. HNL-STL on a 742 and JFK-CO / LIRF), Italy">FCO on a 763 and back from JFK-STL on a 727. All wonderful airplanes.

Aloha-Wonderful and generous staff. Always taking care of friends and family. Interisland Flights are short but SWEET. Haven't tried there Pacific crossing Flights yet, heard a lot of good things about them since. Going to HNL than on to ITO on them in March. Can't wait.

Alaska Airlines-Beautiful airplane shceme, clean interiors.

Skywest-although only on EMBs, Flights were usually always on time.

American-great Airline.  Wink/being sarcastic Love MRTC.

MTChemNerd757

Tue Feb 10, 2004 4:38 pm

NWA held up a flight from MSP-BZN for over 4 hours because our flight from LGA-MSP had been delayed due to mechanical issues on the previous flight (the one coming into LGA). Sure beat spending the night at MSP. I think I'll keep flying NW.  Smile

ciao!
brad
Fight Terrorism - Ride a Bike!

Robert1177

Tue Feb 10, 2004 4:55 pm

So far my best inflight experience was on a CO flight to Rio. The flight attendants were very polite and came around to talk to passengers. They came around often with juice and water throughout the night which was good for dehydration. The ground staff were great too when our plane was 2 hours late and came around to provide breakfast food while we waited. I will definately fly them again!

scotron11

Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:10 pm

Have to say PanAm. I was traveling LHR-JFK non-rev on flt 103 whereby they substituted a regular 747 with an SP. Needless to say, no way I got on even though my pass grade was quite high. Next day though, when I checked-in, instead of waiting until the last minute, I was given FC boarding card straight away. Check-in staff, flight crew were absolutely tremendous knowing I had not made the flight previous evening. I do miss Pan Am, it was a great airline, contrary to what many people may think!

joleb

Wed Feb 11, 2004 4:05 am

Delta and Continental are the standard for me
I always have good experiences with them
i dont ask everybody to be nice to passengers because everybody could have a bad day. but in general they keep on doing their best.

I can tell you too that having a platinum card on both airlines helps out very good. Especially if you travel the same segments the flight attenddants recognise you by name >>> international flights more

BMAbound

Wed Feb 11, 2004 4:17 am

I had a great experience on a NWA A320 from MSP to MIA. The line for security was about a mile and half and I asked the staff if I could cut in line since I was running late. They smiled ironically and said no. Great. So being very short on time, I finally got through and ran the fastest I could to my gate. The gate agent smiled and said "oh, there you are" which made me smile (at least a little). I boarded the plane and sat down. The plane was pretty empty so after take off, the steward came over and said "you looked pretty tired when you boarded, why not join us in bis class?" So I did. Pretty nice gesture.

johan
Altitude is Insurance - Get Insured

taloush

Wed Feb 11, 2004 4:30 am

Northwest has given me some of the most brilliant flight experiences I've ever had...I flew NW for the first time with my family last August from AMS-DTW, connecting from a KLM flight AUH-BAH-AMS. I had some reservations about flying NW, having read the tons of posts bashing the airline. Boy was I pleasantly surprised! Although we flew on a B747-400 which was beginning to show its age a bit, the seats were relatively comfortable (more so than those on KL's 767, and despite the hideous striped fabric!), the crew was friendly, corteous, and the food was plentiful and actually pretty tasty.

I'm glad to say that that wasn't a one-off thing--my trip back to the UAE in December featured an equally excellent crew, and was made even better by the brand-spankin' new A333! Big grin

Go NW!
talal/in/a2
Your attention, please.

Accidentally

Wed Feb 11, 2004 4:44 am

Perfect LGA-DFW-LGA experience on American Last year.
Indianapolis, IN

caetravlr

Wed Feb 11, 2004 5:15 am

I would have no idea where to begin. I have had some amazing, and some not so amazing, experiences on US based airlines. I wish I had flown US Airways more, as my one experience on them is the worst, but I am sure over time I would have experienced more good than bad, just as I have with Delta and UAL.

I have had a F/A recognize me after having only met me once on a CAE - IAD flight, before I recognized her. I have had F/As stop and chat, and so many other touches, that I can't begin to describe. My favorite was the counter agents in both CAE and MDT calling by name before they even saw my ID or boarding cards because I had been through there so many times. It is also amazing how far a smile and a hello goes with "most" airline staff. A lot of your flying experience is what you make it. I actually miss business travel.

Regards,
CAETravlr
A woman drove me to drink and I didn't have the decency to thank her. - W.C. Fields

Boeing757/767

Wed Feb 11, 2004 5:21 am

I've had nothing but good experiences on a dozen or so NW flights this year -- both coach and First. Every flight left on time, except for one weather-related. NW is a solid operation.

Free-thinking, left-leaning secularist

LEARJET23

Wed Feb 11, 2004 6:31 am

Beyond a doubt, SWA from Houston To PHX. I had recently had my stomach and 3 feet of my intestines removed due to cancer, and a bag attatched to my abdomanal wall. I used to have a nice 6 pack that now looked like a road map. I had so much pain that I had to stand up in the rear near the lav of the 737, just across from the galley. Unable to sit for long, and feeling like shit because I had scars on my body. A stunning F/A and I started talking and before long I told her I needed to stand up and why. She was so beautiful! And a knock out body as well! When I told her of my story, she came over and opened her blouse at the bottom to show me a really long scar she had! She had been the victim of a random shooting in high school, and almost died! She told me we were so lucky to still be living! Scars and all! And she was 1000% correct! My feeling sorry ended that day, I got her address in Plano Texas, and My wife bought her a crystal (expensive) 747 and I sent it to her along with a nice letter. She send back a little SWA postcard thanking us, and that was it! What a great Flight!

aviationmaster

Wed Feb 11, 2004 6:36 am

I had a great expirience flying Continental last Summer. Until now I've had one or two flights on US carriers which were bad (sad but true on United).

panamair

Wed Feb 11, 2004 7:21 am

Two of my most memorable experiences have been on DL BizElite flights:

1) On a BOM-FRA flight, I awoke to a hand-written personal note from the entire BOM-based inflight crew thanking me for my business and for flying DL frequently.

2) On a JFK-CDG overnight flight, for some reason ground service did not provide enough amenity kits. One of the f/as broke out her personal supply of eyeshades and slipper socks and started distributing them to most of the BizElite pax.

These little things are the ones that count and make an impression on us..and they cost next to nothing! I have never had such experiences on any other airline, not even SQ or JL or CX!

Slcpilot

Wed Feb 11, 2004 7:26 am

Continental Airlines....~4 years ago....IAH-LAS

This must have been one of their last flights with the 727. We were ahead of schedule and the captain said he had a "treat" for us. We descended early to FL180 and flew 180 degree s-turns for the full length of the Grand Canyon, with the captain narrating the views we were seeing. He must have flown "the ditch" earlier in his career because he made it enjoyable for everyone!

I still can't believe it happened! What a treat!

SLCPilot
I don't like to be fueled by anger, I don't like to be fooled by lust...

kjet12

Wed Feb 11, 2004 7:27 am

Flew US Airways for the first time last October to MCO. I have to say I was suprised to be presented with such wonderful service. The staff were so friendly and were sincere about their happiness. The service was so genuine, which is something that seems to be lost with most F/As nowadays. I really hope that US can pull through and survive as they have gained a customer for (their) life.

I can also say that I have not ever had a bad experience on United as well, but I have been flying them for many many years.

Kris
AA - Doing what we do best.

AC345

Wed Feb 11, 2004 7:50 am

Three years ago I flew SFO-FRA on LH, and the return leg on UA. LH was good, but I wasn't expecting UA to be as great as they were.

The service in economy was very attentive and friendly. I clicked with two flight attendants and they simply made my trip. We had a pleasant chat, I offered them chocolate, one of them offered me a bottle of wine, but it was the human connection I truly enjoyed. Both these great ladies were equally attentive and friendly to the other passengers, as well as very efficient in their service. They simply went that extra mile to make an 11h-trip more enjoyable, and they succeeded. I was also very impressed how many languages crew members spoke on that flight (at least 4 or 5).

I was so impressed with these two great professionals, I had to write a letter of commendation to UA.

united

Wed Feb 11, 2004 9:16 am

AC345, I'm glad that you had a great trip on the Friendly Skies of United!

A few years ago I was flying from IAD to DUS on a UA 763 in C class and as standby, I was served last. My menu choice ran out and the FA asked whether I'd like the First Class entree (same choice) . I was delighted by this and accepted. That is only one of the many ways a UA employee went above and beyond the call of duty for the passenger

Chris
The opinions expressed here are mine and not necessarily those of Delta Air Lines.

AC345

Wed Feb 11, 2004 9:36 am

This is in response to Caetravlr comment (reply 30). You are absolutely right, a smile and a kind word goes a long way. It is my personal belief that you attract what are. If you show up with attitude and look down on the crew members, that's exactly what you'll get back.

It's so easy to have a great trip, like you said, a lot of your flying experience is what you make it.

united

Wed Feb 11, 2004 11:00 am

Oh yes, I had another wonderful experience on UA (I mostly fly UA b/c of standby--I'd love to fly other airlines besides UA, LH, DL, SK, and AA). On flight 916 IAD-FRA, boeing 777 by MYSELF!! , I was seated in economy plus (25A, N787UA) and once I finished dinner, I realized I had left my retainer on the tray!!! I knew that at UA, the trays are stacked, and the contents are not thrown away in flight. I walked on to the rear galley and asked the FAs if I could search for my lost retainer. They were more than helpful in helping me find it by taking out at least 70 trays and looking. Luckily, I knew how my tray looked after dinner--empty  Smile and we finally found it. I washed it off and stored it into my backpack until I could brush it. THANK YOU to the UA 916 crew on 16 August, 2003!! YOU'RE THE BEST!!!!

Chris
The opinions expressed here are mine and not necessarily those of Delta Air Lines.

cadet93

Wed Feb 11, 2004 11:05 am

OK A real good flight experience
I was in RIO on my last day of the trip. I tripped on the curb while visiting the Christ statue for the 3 time in 3 trips.
By the time I got to the airport I could barely walk. I was checking in at the elite line check in counter. I had upgrade coupons for any paid fare. The Consierer was sympathetic to my condition and made sure I was upgraded to Business First.
The Flight attendants on the short flight offered for a wheel chair at the door for me, but I declined. I should have taken the offer. I could barely get to the next flight. My ankle was the size of a grapefuit.
The Fas on the long flight made sure I had pillows to prop my leg up. They brought me ice every few hours to keep the swelling down to a minimum.
I was so pleased with the crew that I gave every one a good comment in an email. I hope they all got the word about my good comments.

TonyBurr

Wed Feb 11, 2004 12:02 pm

I think US Airlines have lost their "producet" ( meals, amenities, table clothes, etc), but from the above posts the most long lasting memories are the flight crews and their attitude, friendliness and caring. That is something the meals of "old" could never replace. Yes you meet some wretched crew at times, but the vast mahority of times you meet reall great people who care! They are professionals and reflect it, and we are proud that they are Americans!!!!

Thanks to all the great ones!!!!!!!!

Thrust

Wed Feb 11, 2004 12:32 pm

When flying from Steamboat Springs, Colorado, to Denver, on a United Express Canadair 600 Regional Jet, I arrived in Denver 30 minutes after I was supposed to. Rushing as quickly as I could through Denver International to get to my United Airlines gate, from DEN-STL, the flight was delayed by 3 hrs. due to an oil leak in one of the United 737-322's engines. The oil leak could not be fixed, so we had to change planes, to another United 737-300. Finally arrived in St. Louis over 4 hours late. I was extremely disturbed by getting delayed considerably in two consecutive United flights.
Fly one thing; Fly it well

Thrust

Wed Feb 11, 2004 12:39 pm

American Airlines has always been very good about being on time. I loved flying BOS-LHR and LHR-JFK. My baggage was never lost. Nor has it been on the soon to be 10+ times I have flown on American. Though baggage claim slowed in STL after the cuts, it was understandable. The things I remember most about the AA 777 that I will always treasure are looking over those huge, massive wings, and into the intake of those enormous Rolls Royce Trent 892-17 engines. I thought to myself, my god, and to think those are the aircraft's engines! The feeling of 180,000 lbs. of thrust pushing you upward, and to be able to hear the thunderous roar of the 777 engines, is something I will never forget. The 777 gets my pick as the coolest aircraft to fly on.
Fly one thing; Fly it well

Spark

Wed Feb 11, 2004 2:10 pm

Most of my experiences are non-eventful, but I've had pleasant interactions with both WN and Alaska flights to Portland. It is such a short flight it can't really count.
Ironically the best FA experiences I've had were NW related. One was on a NW DC-10 from SFO-MSP. I was 12 years old, and I got to fly by myself. I was an unacompanied minor, and the flight attendent assigned to me was really great. I had fun on the flight, and talked the poor ladies ear off.

The best FA I've ever seen, including SQ, was ironically on a Republic flight. It was packed, but the flight attendent remained pleasant and efficient through out the whole flight. She didn't get to talk to us, but I couldn't believe how well she handled the flight.

As requested, I won't mention my best inflight experience, 1st class on SQ from SIN-SFO, and back three weeks later. It wasn't the greatest moment in my life, as we were flying back to states because my mom had just passed away (I believe her casket was flying with us).

jeffrey1970

Wed Feb 11, 2004 2:25 pm

Spark,

I am so sorry to hear about your mother. God rest her soul.

God bless through Jesus,

Jeff
God bless through Jesus, Jeff

kevin752

Wed Feb 11, 2004 2:30 pm

I have had great expericances with
Southwest Airlines LAX-LAS-LAX all flights on 737-300's.

View Large View Medium

Photo © Manas Barooah

American Trans Air LAX-OGG-HNL-LAX all on the LT1011's

View Large View Medium

Photo © Michael Carter

America West Airlines LAX-LAS-LAX

View Large View Medium

Photo © Jeremy Irish
View Large View Medium

Photo © Jorgos Tsambikakis

American Airlines LAX-MCO-LAX B757-200 and B737-800

View Large View Medium

Photo © Brian Bartlett
View Large View Medium

Photo © Jordi Grife - IBERIAN SPOTTERS

United Airlines B747-200 LAX-ORD B747-400 ORD-FRA

View Large View Medium

Photo © Jay Piboontum

These were all of my favorite US carrier flights and I will remember them all.
"Keep Climbing"

EMBTucano

Wed Feb 11, 2004 2:36 pm

I had a great experience with CO, GRU-IAH in 2000. I got upgraded to the 1st class.  Smokin cool
All the f/a were very nice and polite and the food was great.

I fly from GRU to either DFW, IAH or ATL and between CO, AA, DL, Continental has the best service by far. And always newer planes.

Cheers

EMBTucano

---- Use GNU/LINUX and be free! ----

HNLFlyBoy

Wed Feb 11, 2004 2:44 pm

EMBT,

I have only heard positive things about CO's service here in the forums, including the trip reports. I can hardly wait to try their Business First product between HNL and any of their US Mainland destinations they fly from here (LAX, IAH or EWR). You can view the BF menus for these routes at the CO website and they look great. Coupled with that fabulous looking seat, what more could someone ask for....? except perhaps a UA 744 First Suite...