mckennasmall

Zips Says Goodbye To Abbotsford

Tue Feb 10, 2004 9:54 am

Abbotsford base to close. On March 1, ZIP will no longer fly to Abbotsford B.C., in order to concentrate on flying more profitable routes. Air Canada Jazz began flying to Abbotsford in the summer of 2001. ZIP took over Abbotsford flying last spring, utilizing Jazz agents at the airport. In the current low-yield environment, the B737 aircraft currently serving Abbotsford will be redeployed to more profitable routes. As the smaller Bombardier and Embraer jets enter the fleet, the company will look at returning to markets such as Abbotsford.

What do you think of Air Canada's latest Idea? also who big will this effect tourism in Abbotsford
Your Comments

luv2fly

RE: Zips Says Goodbye To Abbotsford

Tue Feb 10, 2004 10:14 am

You can cut the irony with a knife

CanadaEH

Tue Feb 10, 2004 10:21 am

Zip's move will have little or no effect on tourism. Westjet does very well on its YXX-YYC route (they've recently added a sixth daily flight) and have a dedicated group of fliers. Its nice to see Zip/Air Canada go where the money is, a welcome change from its predatory and outdated practices of operating money loosing routes simply to put the competition out of business.

Smart move by Zip.
EH.

bowen0614

Tue Feb 10, 2004 4:54 pm

Well....i think that's a smart move though.

ZIP should concentrate on some profittable route.
To my surprise, ZIP's victoria-bound flights do not get busy on Sunday while WestJet is now sending Boeing 737-700 with winglet to Victoria on Sunday from Edmonton and Calgary. There is only 1 flight of ZIP on Sunday in Victoria.

a340pilot

Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:08 pm

Well living next door to the YXX I for one won't notice a difference! Just means WS can add more daily flights to the 6 that they have now, and maybe open up a spot for WN!  Innocent hehehe, I am also sure that that wonderful new airline operating out of ('snicker'  Big grin) Boise Idaho to fly to YXX

Best regards,
a340pilot
Go! Canucks Go!