flybhx764

Changed Trip

Sun Feb 15, 2004 11:43 pm

Have you ever booked a flight in advanced, checked the itinery, and been looking forward to travel on a specific aircraft and find out on the day that you travel, it has been upgraded or downgraded?

I had this once on CO, went from a 73G to an MD80, only a short flight from DFW to IAH, I was wondering if anyone else had that before?

Thanks

Airplanepics

RE: Changed Trip

Sun Feb 15, 2004 11:47 pm

Yeh, I had a delay in ORD, so our UA 727 flight to TPA was canceled, they put to flights together, and i was put on a 757.

Simon
Simon - London-Aviation.com

FLYtoEGCC

Sun Feb 15, 2004 11:48 pm

I was booked on an Air 2000 flight from MAN to PMI at about this time last year, and we had seats booked in the upgraded cabin. According to Manchester's timetables it should have been an A321. When we checked in, I noticed the seat numbers we had been allocated were 23ABCDE, which couldn't have been premium seats! We returned to the check-in desk and they told us it had been replaced by a 757 for the summer season, which has no upgraded cabin - they hadn't spotted our premium reservation on our tickets when we checked in. However, they did very kindly give us exit row seats instead.
Come fly with me, let's fly, let's fly away...

B4REAL

Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:03 am

This happens to me frequently, especially if you book your trip way in advance. For example, whenever I use my FF miles, I book the trip 331 days out (the max) to ensure availability (though that doesn't even do it all the time, long story) for the specific flights/class of service I want.

Well, then the airlines tweak the schedules over time, adjusting the times, changing flight numbers, or changing the scheduled aircraft for the flights I have booked.
B4REAL, spelled like it sounds

funflyer

Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:11 am

I had a flight from FLL to ATL on DL and they went from a 767 to a 777.

I was HAPPY
 Smile
Who cares about status?

aa757first

Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:33 am

After a 6-hour delay in ORD, UA decided to change a 742 to a D10. Those economy seats aren't very comfy, are they?

AAndrew

Tango-Bravo

Mon Feb 16, 2004 1:10 am

Two different times within one year NW substituted a 747 in place of the DC-10 equipment indicated for flights on which I was a passenger. On the first occasion, MSP-PHX, it was NW's first "jumbo", 747-151 N601US, just months before this milestone aircraft in NW's fleet history was retired -- given the rate at which NW had been retiring their 747-100s I was actually surprised to find out that at least one of the type was still in service. Later in the same year (1999) 747-251B N632US was substituted, again for a DC-10, on my PHX-MSP flight.

Another "glad it happened before it was too late" aircraft substitution happened for me on 1 Oct 01 with United on the MSP-DEN leg of a MSP-PHX flight. Instead of the 733 indicated, 727-222 N7296U operated the flight -- exactly one month before all 3-holers forever disappeared from UA service. Until my flight on N7296U, my one and only flight on a UA 727 had been more than 31 years earlier aboard a UA 727-100 in August 1970, which had also been my first airline flight ever.

On each of these occasions I had no knowledge of the equipment switch until at the gate waiting to board.

blink182

Mon Feb 16, 2004 1:53 am

Last summer I was booked to SFO and back on AA. When the flights were first booked, I was supposed to be on an MD-80 going and a 757 returning. I checked my reservations on AA.com about 2 weeks before I was supposed to go and found out that I was now on a 757 going and a 763 returning. When I showed up to the gate at the airport for my flight to SFO, I saw an AA 762 waiting for me. The flight back was a 763.

Pleasant surprise I might say.

blink
Give me a break, I created this username when I was a kid...

lanalemania

Mon Feb 16, 2004 3:56 am

I once was booked from AMS to OPO with a stop in LIS on KLM. As the reservation system, the printed timetable and my ticket showed, my flight was a KL-trip with KL flight numbers which should be operated by a Martinair MD-11.
When I finally arrived at the gate in AMS, there was a KLM MD-11 waiting for us. Though I think this change wasn't too bad  Wink/being sarcastic.
"I love flying. I've been to almost as many places as my luggage." - Bob Hope

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos