trident2e

Bmibaby Advanced Seat Selection

Mon Feb 16, 2004 7:19 pm

bmibaby has become the first low cost airline to offer advanced seat selection on all its flights. About 60% of seats will be available for advanced selection, with the remaining being held by bmibaby for check-in on the day. Exit row seats will continue to be charged at £15 per sector on a first come, first served basis at check-in.

Great news from bmibaby and I'm sure this will give it a competitive edge.

Capital146

RE: Bmibaby Advanced Seat Selection

Mon Feb 16, 2004 7:46 pm

Will there be a charge for the advanced seat selection?
Like a fine wine, one gets better with age.

Demoose

Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:01 pm

No, suprisinly its free! Bmibaby already allocate you seats at check-in aswell.
Take a ride...fly across the sky

Pe@rson

Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:06 pm

They charge an additional £15 per leg for an exit-row seat? Gees, that's £30 for a return trip, which could be equal to - or more than - the actual airfare. Talk about milking the public. Still, if they want more legroom, they'll pay it.
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

ACEregular

Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:10 pm

I think its actually a very good marketing tool, and I say that even as an employee of a competitor. We will see how it goes, but I imagine it may make the turnaround a little bit longer as pasengers block the aisle to trying to get tp thier allocated seat.

Demoose

Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:27 pm

ACERegular, bmibaby already allocate all passengers their seat when you check-in so the boarding procedure will take no longer than it does currently. Suprising that they don't charge for this new seat selection service like so many airlines in the UK do, but it certainly creates some good PR.

Mark
Take a ride...fly across the sky

BestWestern

Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:31 pm

Good move on behalf of WW - doesn't cost them anything - speeds up check-in, and makes the passenger happier!

Ive just said something positive about BMIBaby - I cant believe it!
You are 100 times more likely to catch a cold on a flight than an average person!

Pe@rson

Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:44 pm

Hmm... charge passengers £2.50 per leg to reserve their seat in advance. Would be interesting to know how many passengers would pay it and how many wouldn't.
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

CKT789

Mon Feb 16, 2004 10:50 pm

I flew on BMIBaby last week from EDI to CWL and back and found the boarding just as quick as other LCCs.

Capital146

Mon Feb 16, 2004 11:27 pm

This is a very good move by bmibaby. They have needed to find something to set them apart from the other LCC's and this is a good, cheap to implement idea.

Having sampled LCC's which offer allocated seating and those that don't, I have to say that I much prefer the allocated seat arrangement. Flying FR with their free-for-all seating during a midweek flight when there is a higher business clientele is one thing, but when I've also travelled FR at a weekend its amazing how many rude people there are ready to barge others out of the way.

Allocated seating if possible for me please! And if I can choose my seat for free, in advance, then all the better.

Good thinking bmibaby.  Smile
Like a fine wine, one gets better with age.