CPH-R
Topic Author

BBC Fast Track On SQ LAX-SIN

Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:00 pm

Well, it looks like BBC's Fast Track program had a camera crew on the inaugural LAX-SIN. I missed the most of it and thus only saw the last few bits, which dealt with the IFE system & onboard internet.

From http://www.bbcworld.com/content/template_clickpage.asp?pageid=2138

From Saturday 14th February

FASTTRACK recommends the best ways to stay healthy during long flights

With the launch of the longest air route in civil aviation history, this week’s edition of FASTTRACK lists some of the best ways to stay healthy when taking such a lengthy flight.

Mindful of the current concerns about deep vein thrombosis, presenter Akhtar Khan boards Singapore Airlines’ new 19-hour record-breaking flight from Los Angeles to Singapore. He has some tips and also asks the cabin crew how they cope with the demands of each journey.

Filling time during flights is often an issue for passengers and BBC World’s weekly travel programme looks at fresh innovations for in-flight entertainment, along with a few other exciting ways to keep people occupied at 30,000 feet.

FASTTRACK’s consumer expert, Karen Bowerman, tackles the tricky subject of seat pitch – the space between each row of passengers – and there’s all the latest news from the world of travel and holidays.

So, have anyone else seen it, and should I be bothered to set the VCR to tape it?

GBOAF

RE: BBC Fast Track On SQ LAX-SIN

Wed Feb 18, 2004 12:22 am

CPH-R...,

When is this being shown in the uk?? I would be interested to see!  Smile

Ta!
Who cares enough to make the world half as big by flying twice as fast? We care!

richardw

Wed Feb 18, 2004 1:00 am

Might be on BBC News 24 weekend travel programme, Gate 24, that is shown in the evenings on Saturday and Sunday.

solnabo

Wed Feb 18, 2004 1:16 am

GOTTA watch it tomorrow on BBC World! Fast Track is good program, full of
information ´bout airlines and news of travel destinations.....thumbs up Smile/happy/getting dizzy
Wednesday 16:30 GMT is 17:30 CET

Michael//SE
Airbus SAS - Love them both

GBOAF

Wed Feb 18, 2004 1:43 am

Grr...

Don't have BBC World...I'll have to hold out for Gate 24 on News 24 i guess!

Thanx anyway!
Who cares enough to make the world half as big by flying twice as fast? We care!

JGPH1A

Wed Feb 18, 2004 1:50 am

Fasttrack gives me the severe irrits - it is so glib and comes across as so all-knowing, and they barely brush the surface and certainly don't give the subjects they cover anything like they deserve. If they do drag on a so-called 'expert' its usually the Aviation correspondent for the Daily Mirror, whose experience in the field is limited to getting plastered in the Club Europe lounge and trying to scrounge upgrades.

Plus the guy who presents it is a knob.
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

richardw

Wed Feb 18, 2004 2:35 am

Do they have an Aviation Correspondent on the Daily Star?

JGPH1A

Thu Feb 19, 2004 6:45 pm

If they did, you can bet he'd be on Fast-track, explaining why Jordan shouldn't fly because she'll explode, or how Posh 'n Becks luggage got stolen once. All rivetting and socially relevant stuff.
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers