British Airways 747 Entertainment Upgrades

Sun Jan 23, 2000 12:38 am

I shall soon be flying Long haul on a British Airways 747 and read on there website, that from 1998 there will be starting a whole fleet revamp in terms of entertainment,
has anyone flown on a BA 747 recently and experienced 'The New Economy'.

MAS777

RE: British Airways 747 Entertainment Upgrades

Sun Jan 23, 2000 11:27 pm

I have flown a couple of times with BA's new World Traveller cabin and it is quite an improvement. The seats are a little more comfortable with 'ears' to stop your head landing on your neighbours lap. Each seat came with a personal TV screen which provided constant entertainment for the duration of the flight. The 747-400 I was on was on the LHR-KUL-SYD route so also had bilingual channels with some channels being dubbed into Cantonese.

The meal service is also better with more decent microwave type meals which let's face it is probably the only way to go in Economy...they've given up trying fancy dishes that just look like crap when served and just gone back to basic meals that we would usually buy in a supermarket to heat up in a microwave ourselves. They've also got rid of those silly two-tiered trays that were so novel nobody could use them and a lot of meals ended up on laps.

CX747

Tue Jan 25, 2000 4:18 am

Where are you headed on one of BA's Jumbos?
"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid." D. Eisenhower

Tue Jan 25, 2000 6:36 am

I shall be flying in February to Los Angeles this will be the first time with BA